• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

X-Blade pronunciation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

invasian94

I think it will be X Blade because it would make more sense plus the blade is shaped like an X

But any way this is off topic but @Breaktheice16, I live not too far from St. Clair Shores, i live in Harper Woods

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Or.. they can come up with a new bloody name which have the meaning is in the same vain as the japanese counterpart. Because if they use xblade, it'll be fucked up and unoriginal, as no one will be getting any respect for using the word 'x' in a title that shouldn't be there.

So what will it be called? The name is still X despite saying chi. It is just how it is pronounced. They are still trying to call it Keyblade without writing it as that. Saying chi to signify its meaning as the X Blade and giving it any other name wouldn't represent that.

In English we can't say Chiblade because that doesn't mean anything like in Japanese. So the next best thing is calling it X Blade.

And calling anything else would be calling it out of it's context. They can call it Keyblade if they like. Or X Blade. But anything else wouldn't mean what it was trying to say.

There is also not enough mouth space or timing to give it a new name.

T

The Spoiler

Well the keyblade is shaped like an X, and so is the keychain, and when MX made Vanitas he held an X, which had something to do with the X blade, so the name might not be all that bad. Just kind of corny.

Who knows? It could have something to do with the organization adding an X...

Allister Rose

French Lover
Or.. they can come up with a new bloody name which have the meaning is in the same vain as the japanese counterpart. Because if they use xblade, it'll be fucked up and unoriginal, as no one will be getting any respect for using the word 'x' in a title that shouldn't be there.

why would they do that?

makes no sense.

tenchi ryu

can someone explain how the chi is being pronounced.....is it chi like chicago, or chi like chi chi from dragon ball z

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
why would they do that?

makes no sense.

Because chiiburedo doesn't have a literal translation other than chii being x or kai. Regardless, I think they should try a different approach instead of translating it.

There's a difference being loyal to the original translation and having corny names that might not even be the literal meaning.

Call it the 'Inverse Keyblade', might be a mouthful, but it's better than xblade.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Because chiiburedo doesn't have a literal translation other than chii being x or kai. Regardless, I think they should try a different approach instead of translating it.

There's a difference being loyal to the original translation and having corny names that might not even be the literal meaning.

Call it the 'Inverse Keyblade', might be a mouthful, but it's better than xblade.

Inverse Keyblade isn't even what the X Blade is. That is also what IKK is. The Inverse Kingdom Key.

can someone explain how the chi is being pronounced.....is it chi like chicago, or chi like chi chi from dragon ball z

Chicago is saying "Sh-(long vowel e)-ka-go"

Chichi is the chi we are saying.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
...well, the X Blade is the opposite of the Keyblade wielded by a Heart of Light [i.e Sora]? If so, then we have a variety of names that could opposite it in English.

No, The X Blade is made of light and darkness.

Report 7, biggest mystery of Keyblade that is beyond those 3 types, the X(read: Chi) Blade. while The Keyblade corresponds with the Kingdom Hearts, it is a product of human. X Blade, however, co-exists with Kingdom hearts. X Blade is the crossover of a heart of Pure light and a heart of pure darkness. When that happens, Kingdom Hearts will appear. This is not man-gathered Kingdom hearts, it is the Kingdom Hearts with all the hearts of the worlds gathered. This was the cause of the war. Even though the worlds now are all separated, if you can obtain the X Blade, you can gather the hearts of the worlds together to complete Kingdom Hearts, to bring forth the war again

So is is merely the crossover of a heart of light and darkness. X-over. X-Blade.

codemaster

Awards
i am greek and i think/ hope i can help out

Keyblade:
keeburedo
^ HEE-BOO-REDO

X-Blade:
_focused as greek_

X= Hi (hee)
X (hee) blade....

pronounciation is off if u thought about it but see whats going on, how their going to write it? id prefer keyblade or 'keyblade'..

I speak greek and htis is the perfect example. Its like an exaggerated H.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Okay, the Mongrel-Blade or Interracial Blade. Probably better than X-Blade.

-looking at the thesaurus for cross-

Mongrel has a negative connotation. Interracial blade is f'ed up.

It can be called The Crux of the Crossroad. That relates to it being the X Blade of a heart of light and a heart of darkness but the blade was meant to say Keyblade referring to as an X which refers to why the Org has X's in their names and why the crossroads and the X's on their chest were suppose to be.

EDIT: Why are we trying to think of names for this? It's never going to happen since dubbing is finished.

Last edited:

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards

Good explaination, but I'm wondering how it has something to do with the xblade.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I speak greek and htis is the perfect example. Its like an exaggerated H.
No, it's not what it will be.

Pronouncing is as Hee-blade, sounds like we call it a male blade. He-blade.

Same for Chi-Blade, because it's close to She-Blade, and then it's a female blade. Sounds like crap too.

I've been thinking about this and reading through this stuff, and I think if they are not going with pronouncing it like Ex-Blade, they will call it:

Crossblade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back