• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

XALDIN

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
i need help with defating Xaldin at beast's castle. His entire fight is sooooo frustrating and it's hard for me to time "Learn" and "Jump".

In other words....
Help. :) please and thank yous!

Swxpert

well don't drive, thats what makes this battle hard because most people who drive, turn into anti form (which is bad here) other then that id say skip the learning and jumping its a waste of time (IMO) mostly what i do is limit with beast and then just beat the crap out of him and so far i've never lost to him, in fact the only place i ever actually die is fighting sephiroth (i have never beat him) so id say put goofy and beast in your team and have at him.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Well, I've learned that Learn and Jump are really the best ways to go.

If you just do learn a bunch of times, then you can rack up how many jumps you get, which means that if you get enough, you can unleash them all in a successive attack that almost always kills him.

Also, the other guy is right- don't drive. I've gone into anti-form every time I tried, and you can't even do anything to get out of it- best way to lose.

MxUltima

Either in the endless abyss,the boulivard of broke
- do not drive
- stock up 7 learn and jumps and unleash all at once
- when he uses the ray attack be ready to use cure cause its one of the hardest things to avoid in the game, easier to get hit and heal
- use limits w/ goofy and beast
- have good items, i like hi-potions and mega-potions
- all stat increaseing abilities are very helpfull
- when you die i found with this fight mickey comes a lot =P

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
Ah people always consider Xaldin the hardest member to beat because you can't button mash against him.
Guard is your best friend in this fight, I'd also recommend leveling up your Forms before this fight because they'll come in handy especially already having Aerial Dodge.
Again just guard his normal attacks which will stun him for a couple seconds and gather up as many Learn reaction commands as you can and repeat until you have the max (9).
Continue to just evade his attacks with either guard, quick run or aerial dodge until you take his health down enough for him to start diving at you.
In this phase honestly all you need do is aerial dodge before it hits and collect Learn as many times as possible, which shouldn't be hard. When it's finished you could use reflect to add a little extra damage to him and proceed to use the reaction commands against him while he's stunned.

Afterwards when you trigger his berserk attack just quick run away and wait for him to jump on his Dragon of Lances. Here you can either post up in one corner and cast reflect as it tries to hit you, or Quick Run to the other side of the bridge as fast as you can, which makes not getting hit easier.

When he's back on solid ground just jump over him or reflect when he dashes close to you, and seeing as he's vulnerable afterwards, feel free to unleash an air combo on him. This should trigger him to do his diving attack again and continue the strategy above. Just rinse and repeat and he'll be dead in no time and if you're anything like me (I'm assuming your playing KH2 rather than KH2FM on Proud Mode, you should be able to kill him before he gets a chance to go Berserk).

I don't recommend using Beast Limit considering it doesn't do enough damage for me, but you can if you'd like. If you were going for a Lvl 1 Critical run I'd say use it because you need all the damage you can get on that guy, even though (IMO) he's still one of the easiest bosses in the game.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
-Quick Run can really help. Use it when Xaldin dissapears and just his lances attack. Quick Run just before they attack.[and if you can, get Jump]

-And when Xaldin and his lances go flying in the air[when it turns into a dragon and glows blue..or something] Reflect can really help.

-You can have up to 9 Learn/Jumps. After you have that much, use them all, and air combo him. Repeat.

I hope this helped :]

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
thank you guys. to make you feel any better i finaly WON! whoo hoo :D

J.Seraphim

I didn't use "Learn" nor "Jump" because I didn't use them correctly. I just hack and slashed the whole way through. If you die Mickey will come and save the day! For at least two times. But on your third try...good luck - you are on your own.

Sorry, my only advice is to just hack n' slash.

Tahmid_Zaman

hey landseasky5412

here's some pointers on how to beat xaldin:

have goofy and donald in your party so donald can heal and goofy can do limits

at the beginning of the battle use goofy's limit "teamwork" to take a whole bar off xaldin.

use reflect when he tries to hit you with the dragon's wind.

dont use drives, it makes things worse.

you can use mickey if you die since this is a hard battle.

when he glows and starts slashing like crazy RUN AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN his mad combo has a lot of range and it hurts he's also invulnerable during this attack

when he tries to smash you with his spears from the air, learn the timing of when he strikes and jump, keep pressing triangle to learn jump, he'll do this consecutive times, get the number of jumps to 9, then lock- on to him( must lock on or you'll waste your jumps) and then press jump consecutively until you run out , you can use goofy's limit if you have enough mp, this should take a whole lot of hp away from him

hope this helps!!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back