• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xaldin's Kingdom Hearts II FAQ

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaldin

Bronze Member
Awards
I have written an FAQ, combining the questions asked to me, with my answers, please be considerable to read this, as it can help you when you get the game, as well as it took me a long time to right this.

Simpe Regions FAQ

Q: When the game starts, what is “Beginner”, “Standard”, and “Proud?”

A: These are the difficulty settings. The difficulty settings can change the enemy strength. If you would like to advance in the game without having a lot of trouble, and you are still new to the controls of Kingdom Hearts II choose the “beginner” difficulty setting. If you enjoy challenges, you should choose “Standard.” If you feel as though you have mastered the controls, and want to have a very hard time moving forward, choose “Proud” mode. If you choose a difficult difficulty, you will be rewarded well in the end.

Q: Is there a place that you cannot return to or something you cannot get?

A: No. However, in Twilight Town, there is one Treasure Box which you can only get, by playing as Roxas. The Treasure Box is also listed in Jimmy’s Memo. But do not worry, as there are no rare items in that Treasure Box.

Q: Is there a bug that doesn’t allow you to visit port royal?

A: After visiting Port Royal, the difficulty Level increases dramatically into Level 37. When I moved to other worlds, I have yet to encounter this ‘bug’ that doesn’t allow you to visit Port Royal again.

Q: Do you go to the Mystery Tower later?

A: When you get to the second half of the game, it is possible to get back there, by taking the central train in Twilight Town. This is after the level of Twilight Town increases to 47.

Q: Do you go to the Sunset Residential area later?

A: When you go to the second half of the game, it is also possible to go there by taking the Twilight Town train as well.

Item FAQ

Q: How do you obtain Keyblades?

A: To obtain Sora’s keyblades, whenever you advance further in the game, you will automatically obtain one. For Donald and Goofy, most of them can be obtained by looking in Treasure boxes; there are others you can buy at the shop. Because there are not a lot of weapons that you can buy at the shop, it is better to check Treasure chests, or come back later in the game, for more weapons will be sold.

Q: What are the strongest weapons?

A: Because of the abilities that are attached to the weapons. Having a strong weapon is more important then just having a high attack point. The strongest weapon, in attack power will go as follow, but this doesn’t mean it’s the strongest period. Sora’s is the Ultimate Weapon, Donald’s is Save the Queen, and Goofy’s is Save the King. The same weapons that were the strongest in the original Kingdom Hearts.

Combat FAQ

Q: Is it possible to play as Mickey once Sora is defeated?

A: When defeated, Mickey will sometimes come out. The frequency of Mickey appearing, is shown at the battle record in the end. Mickey can sometimes even come out for one battle more then once. You can revive Sora, by pressing the triangle button when you have a drive charge of level 3. Sora will revive with half HP, if Mickey loses more then half HP. But you should know, bosses cannot die at the hands of Mickey.

Q: Why did Sora turn black when I drive?

A: When Sora Drives, it is likely to be in an appearance of a heartless. Though the reason of this is still uncertain, it is believed to be the cause of abusive drive. However the drive is really strong, there are consequences that come with it, so it’s best to use the Drive’s special power to deplete it fast.

Q: I was unable to use the drive…

A: When you drive, the party member needed for the drive . If the member needed for the drive is not in the battle, it is not possible to drive. For instance, Goofy is the Valor form, Donald for the wisdom form, the member needed for the drive must be alive at least.

Q: Why did my co-operation not work?

A: One member must at least be alive, to do a co-operation command. If the character is not alive, the reaction command menu will not appear. The co-operation command, is normally right beside the Drive Menu. You need to press the left key though, to see the co-operation moves.

Q: There are some items I am unable to use while fighting!

A: Some items, you have to be out of battle, in order to use. For instance, it is impossible to use tent in battle, but you can use it when you are safe.

Q: There was one time when I had four people on my team. When one is removed, is it good?

A: It is only possible to put a maximum of three people, including Sora, although, there are some good points and bad points of removing members. If you remove Donald, you cannot use the wisdom form. When goofy is removed you cannot use the Valor form. When you are in an open place, you can use the command known as “Change”. It is safe not to think all the time about which person you want to remove.

By the way, all experience values are the same in Kingdom Hearts II. When a member is removed, they will not gain any experience, or any level.

Q: What about Fat heartless, I have trouble with them…

A: With fat Heartless, you cannot damage them from attacking the front. Although attacking them in the back is a theory that has been proven true by many gamers.

Q: Why can’t I knock all bosses HP’s down right to 0?

A: To tell the truth, sometimes the boss cannot die unless Sora does the finishing attack. When other teammates attack, it will not work, and Sora needs to do a finishing combo.

Q: Sometimes I run into a strange enemy…why?

A: It is the enemy known as the ‘Bulk Vender’. The Bulk Vender appears in various worlds. Although you cannot hurt it at all. It is possible to defeat it, with the help of reaction commands. The reaction starts off by first clicking Ok, you will then have three more reactions to be done which is shown in order. “Reality”, “Limited” and “Premium.”

Quick Question/Answer FAQ

Q: Is there an optional boss?

A: At hollow Bastion.

Obtaining Opportunity FAQ

Q: When is it possible to use Drives?

A: When you clear the Mystery Tower. Each form can be obtained at the following places.

Valor/Wisdom = Mystery Tower or Timeless River (Depends on which one you get first)
Master = Completing Space Paranoid
Final = At the World that Doesn’t Exist A.K.A Non-Existent World.

Q: When can heal be used?

A: When beast castle is cleared.

After Completing the game FAQ

Q: What should I do when the ending is complete?

A: Push the reset button, don’t worry though, cause you cannot save anyways.

Q: There is no optional boss…

A: You fight the optional boss at the “Pool of Darkness.” The direct path to get there would be.

Castle Entrance  Construction passage  Lampart Plaza  Infront of the Castle Gate  Valley Road  Crystal Interstice  Large Valley  Pool of Darkness.
Sora does this fight alone. You will die easily if your level is not high enough. The Enemy’s abilities can be stopped or guarded with the help of reaction commands.

Q: After I clear it, is it good to play it again?

A: There are a huge amount of mini games. At least play a good number of mini games before completing the game. The other stuff that might want you to play through is to study the synthesis and memorize them, completing all the Olympus Coliseum cups, all treasure chests are collected (For a special prize in the end). And to complete all of Jimmy’s Memo.

Q: How many times are you able to fight the optional boss?

A: Due to the events that occur after the battle, this optional boss can only be faught once.

Last edited:
C

cloud22

Re: Xaldin's Kinddom Hearts II FAQ

whats the speical prize is it the ending

also im getting the game today and i was wondering if u could put the japanese writing of the items up here so i know what im equipping thnx

Xaldin

Bronze Member
Awards

Of course, I will make sure to cover every single important aspect of this game.

A Mere Shell

so u can't get the secret ending unless u play hard mode! noooooo! first time through im gonna play normal then im gonna play hard jus like wat iu did in KH1. but dammit. wat do u mean complete as much mini games as possible before finishing the game, u can't come back to them???!!

Axel3344

is it like kh1 where if u play it on hard mode u can watch the secret video w/o completing everything

Xaldin

Bronze Member
Awards

-smacks back to the first page-

That's good to know that it helps. ^^

K

Kegluneq

Im gona try hard mode first just to test my abilities.
Good job on the FAQ's
I have just one more however, when you do play as Mickey can you use any magic spells, and which ones?

D

Dexter

Thanks for the FAQ xaldin!!!!...............

Light Conquers All

Can you fight Sephiroth whenever you want, or is it just at once point and if you're too weak then you can never fight him? And is the amount of time you can fight him unlimited or just once?

C

cloud22

is the optional boss just sephy

in the na or europe version i hope there is another drive and more bosses

kairi77

Website
www.myspace.com

i believe so... wouldnt it suck if kh2 turned out to be like kh1 and north america got a better version than the frist japan version and then japan got pissed and made another final mix...

i know off topic but i was thinking of that for a while

C

cloud22

its not off topic anyway that was lol

i hope that they make a final mix but for us aswell cause like if they make a thing where u can be roxas whenever u want then that will suk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back