• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xbox 360 Disc Problems

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorade

Naturally, we called it Gatorade
Just bought a brand new 4GB Black Slim 360 on Black Friday. I had the new Medal of Honor game in the tray and I lifted up the console to try and see something, forgetting that the disc was in there. It made loud scratching noises until I put it down and the game exited and it won't read the disc anymore. I took out the disc and saw there's smudges around the entire circumference of the disc. Is it broken for good or is there any way to fix the disc?

P.S.- Since it's only a 4GB system, I need more memory space. Where can I buy an external hard drive that is compatible with the system and how much will it cost me?

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I don't own a 360 so I can't necessarily say, but I saw a video a few months back about how if you move a Slim 360 while it's reading a disc it ruins the disc. The guy basically put in a game he never played, move it, and the system made horrible grinding noises. So I can assume you did the same thing.

Awards
Picking up (or moving at all, for that matter) an Xbox 360 while it's turned on and there is a game in the tray is something you should never, ever do. I can't say with certainty whether or not the disc is damaged beyond repair, but I'm willing to bet that it is.

Gatorade

Ahhh I'm such a n00b. And this is why I really don't like the 360, way too many problems. Oh well, it was a free game that came with the system and I didn't plan on playing it after I get CoD: Black Ops for the 360 tomorrow. I was just really hoping I could sell it. As stupid as I am for moving the system with the disc in it, that really shouldn't happen.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
hur hur you did a nono.

I accidentally moved my 360 when I had a rented So4 disc in and I had to send it back to gamefly to be repaired.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Picking up (or moving at all, for that matter) an Xbox 360 while it's turned on and there is a game in the tray is something you should never, ever do. I can't say with certainty whether or not the disc is damaged beyond repair, but I'm willing to bet that it is.

^^This^^

i learned this the hard way.
Games i lost this way:
-----------------------------------------
Gears of War
Sonic The Hedgehog
NBA 2k9
Call of Duty 4
COD: World @ War

***On another note i've been a member for like 4 years and only now just made premium =) ***

impart

Climb The Sky
yeah ive had this happen to someone I know.

disc is damaged beyond any sort of repair you can do at home.
gotta get a new one, or have it fixed.
sorry :(

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Is this going to turn into a console war thread or something
-ducks-

Raebus

This seems less like one of the "many" problems the 360 has, and more like someone doing something retarded and blaming it on a console.
Also, lol @ the console war direction this thread is heading in.

Gatorade

I already said that what I did was stupid. But I have my other reasons for preferring the Ps3.

All insulting aside, what kind of hard drive do I need to get?

THE GAME

I already said that what I did was stupid. But I have my other reasons for preferring the Ps3.

All insulting aside, what kind of hard drive do I need to get?
The only kind of hard drive you can get for the 360, which are overpriced. Not to mention the 4GB console itself is overpriced. Seriously, 4GB flash memory? What can you do with that?
You would have been better off buying the 250GB console. It would have been cheaper. And shinier.

Amazon.com: Xbox 360 250GB Hard Drive: Video Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back