• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

xbox 360

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
If you have the money go for it. I hear the newer models have a less chance of getting a RROD.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
psh rrod is so 2007

honestly i've had mine for about 3 years now, never had the RRoD ever. the only problem i've had is buying second hand games and the 360 won't play some of them because they're so badly damaged. i'd also recommend getting a lead for your controller if you don't want to use batteries.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
should i get one

im stuck because i dont want to get the red ring of death and then have to pay like 50 bucks to fix a little problem.

and what kind type i get

i want one because of its exclusives that ps3 dont have

yes im going to get live

There's warranty, and don't let PS3 fanboys and girls scare you with the RROD. Just keep your system in a good state and you should be fine.

Yeah, get one, clearly you want one.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
should i get one

im stuck because i dont want to get the red ring of death and then have to pay like 50 bucks to fix a little problem.

and what kind type i get

yes im going to get live

My question is, what exclusives are you looking at that make you want to get a 360? Like....? <.<

Now to answer your main question, go ahead and get one if you want. But if you do get one, go for the new Slim of course. There is the 250 GB model (then a 250 GB model Halo Reach limited edition coming soon), and a 4 GB "arcade-like" style that will be out this week (then later this year the 4GB Kinect bundle). Those are probably the best ones to get due to the other models having a "higher" failure rate and these have built in WiFi, internal hard drive, and a sleeker design.

There's warranty, and don't let PS3 fanboys and girls scare you with the RROD. Just keep your system in a good state and you should be fine.

PS3 fanboys? Nah, the statistics do that on its own. But yeah, take care of your system. That will reduce the risks.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
should i get one

and what kind type i get

yes im going to get live

The Playstation 3 has more exclusives than the 360 does. Of course, it's quality over quantity anyway, but, in my opinion, the PS3's exclusives are better than the 360.

I myself own a PS3, but I have had plenty of time to handle both systems and I really don't care for the 360. The online may be, currently, better-supported than that of the Playstation, but the hardware malfunctions, as you mentioned, are not worth it, at least in my opinion. Plus, Playstation has free online, so no paying to get "live".

I'm not trying to persuade you to change your mind, I'm just telling you that I don't really have a great time with the 360. It still have a great catalog of games, and I'm sure you'll be able to find something that you'll enjoy (it would help to know what games you prefer, though). If you don't currently have a system from this generation and you have the money, I'd say go for it.

Many statistics say the failure rate on 360's is 60%. When Microsoft was contacted and questioned about this, they had no response. They openly recognize the failure rate of their system because it's clearly there. It's incredibly bad.

Even the slim, new models have issues. The only reason you don't see the RROD is because the system alerts you if it is going to overheat and automatically turns itself off. That's not any better, imo.

Also, scratching your discs lol

Raebus

Get the 360 slim. :)

Less chance of RROD and improvements such as it being quieter etc

Izayoi

galactic cancer
...So what 360 exclusives are you looking to get? Getting a system just for one game that could possibly be substituted on a system with more games you want doesn't seem smart.

Yuni

Banned
My brotherh as one and he loves it, in fact he sleeps with it so yeah you should get one, even though you have to pay to be online every month :(

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Has much the 360 and MS pisses me off.

They will fix your 360 if you have RROD. I'd go with PS3 though unless you want to play one the best JRPG this gen.

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
The Playstation 3 has more exclusives than the 360 does. Of course, it's quality over quantity anyway, but, in my opinion, the PS3's exclusives are better than the 360.

I myself own a PS3, but I have had plenty of time to handle both systems and I really don't care for the 360. The online may be, currently, better-supported than that of the Playstation, but the hardware malfunctions, as you mentioned, are not worth it, at least in my opinion. Plus, Playstation has free online, so no paying to get "live".

I'm not trying to persuade you to change your mind, I'm just telling you that I don't really have a great time with the 360. It still have a great catalog of games, and I'm sure you'll be able to find something that you'll enjoy (it would help to know what games you prefer, though). If you don't currently have a system from this generation and you have the money, I'd say go for it.

Many statistics say the failure rate on 360's is 60%. When Microsoft was contacted and questioned about this, they had no response. They openly recognize the failure rate of their system because it's clearly there. It's incredibly bad.

Even the slim, new models have issues. The only reason you don't see the RROD is because the system alerts you if it is going to overheat and automatically turns itself off. That's not any better, imo.

Also, scratching your discs lol

...what this guy said.

In all honesty, just get the PS3.

Vixx

Personally, the 360 has better exclusives, but in multi platform games, i find the ps3 to be better in a lot of ways, i have a wii and 360, i used to have a ps3 before i gave it to my cousin but when i had em all, i found that they just dont break like people say...it really depends on the owner and how well he/she takes care of it, BUT the ps3 is proven to have a more powerful system, but i honestly like the 360 much more than the ps3, its your choice though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back