• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xbox Natal: Fall 2010; Iterative hardware, same software

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
Interesting rumor flying out.

Microsoft plans on releasing a new Xbox next Fall; named (presumably) the Xbox Natal. The 1up story reads like the usual rumor post. I'll throw in the interesting stuff.

• 'Xbox Natal"
  • Project Natal will be sold as an accessory for Xbox 360's; come standard with Xbox Natal packages
  • An iterative hardware upgrade. Think Gamecube to Wii, or iPhone 3G to iPhone 3G S, or even PSP to PSP Go
  • New games will take advantage of the beefier hardware; will still run on Xbox 360's
  • Likely revealed at GDC '10 or E310
  • Will piss of many Xbox 360 owners
  • Will be stupid expensive.*

Story
Rumor: Xbox Natal is Actually Microsoft's Next Console: News from 1UP.com

*my opinion

Hokage

Banned
Awards
Dumb move. Now the people on the fence for the 360 have no reason to buy it because of the belief that a new, better model is coming down the road. I was planning on getting a 360 soon and with this news being more than slightly believable, kinda makes my decision to wait all the more better.

Vin

Bronze Member
Wow. I hope its not a standard for upcoming 360 games in 2010

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
If you read the story, you'll see that it's not the standard. Xbox Natal would basically be an Xbox 360 package with mildly upgraded specs and packaged with Project Natal. Obviously, some games will require the Motion camera, but new games will only take advantage of the internal upgrades.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Dumb move. Now the people on the fence for the 360 have no reason to buy it because of the belief that a new, better model is coming down the road. I was planning on getting a 360 soon and with this news being more than slightly believable, kinda makes my decision to wait all the more better.

This news hardly affects anybody, because it's just a rumor, and only the biggest, nosiest nerds know about this anyway, who most likely already own 360s. This news won't affect many potential 360 owners at this point.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
...What? It's just an Xbox 360 being sold built with the Natal camera in. Notice how they said games will still run on the Xbox 360?

This is just a half-step to a new console. Judging in years it's not that far away anyways.

I'm sure that regular non-Natal consoles will be dropped fairly quickly.

S

Shadow Soldier

This is just a half-step to a new console. Judging in years it's not that far away anyways.
They're coming out with a motion camera and you're already saying a new console is on the way? Do you... like, not read a post at all or something? Shit for brains.

I'm sure that regular non-Natal consoles will be dropped fairly quickly.[/QUOTE] Why because they're releasing an Xbox bundled with the Natal? Fucking moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back