• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xehanort and Duel Wielding

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
How come Xehanort couldn't duel weild when he stole Terra's body?

if he also has terra's heart within him..wouldnt that mean he would have 2 KEYBLADES? when we fought him

i don't get how when xehanort posessedd terra he dropped terra's keyblade like that and kept his own. That doesn't makes sense because that keyblade is basically part of your heart and since Terra's heart still lied within his own body then Xehanort should be duel weilding by this time..

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
Well, LS appears to have Terra's keyblade. But he probably can just never had any need to.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
Probably because Terra's heart was rejecting him, thus preventing him from use of Terra's Keyblade. If he succumbed or willingly let him in control like Ventus with Sora, then he probably could've dual wielded.

Grey

^ Agreed. I think the only reason Roxas and Sora can dual-wield is because Ven's heart didn't actively reject Sora's. Terra is a prisoner inside of Xehanort, while Ven is simply seeking shelter inside of Sora.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That's what I think as well. The nature of the heart-connection does play a big role in it.
Also one has to keep in mind that Ven's keyblade was also sealed away at first until Roxas somehow managed to activate it.

But since Sora isn't malevolent towards Ventus and actually protects his wounded heart it is also somewhat in Ven's own interest to give Sora more power at hand, ergo allowing the use of his keyblade by Sora.
Terra and Xehanort are enemies though, so Terra would actually try to prevent Xehanort from using any of his own power, including his keyblade.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
So some people think that Terra may somehow be in Riku's heart, meaning that we would maybe see a dual wielding Riku if that is the case?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
So some people think that Terra may somehow be in Riku's heart, meaning that we would maybe see a dual wielding Riku if that is the case?

We already saw a dual-wielding Riku in KH2.
Where do you think that second keyblade he borrowed Kairi came from?

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
I am personally more concerned with why Xemnas, or Ansem Seeker of Darkness, who BOTH had the aptitude to dual wield Terra and Master Xehanort's keyblades, relented at the notion of using them.

Sora, even as a "pseudo" Heartless throughout the end of KH1 to the beginning of KH2, could wield his keyblade with no inhibitions.

However, when Apprentice Xehanort became a heartless/AnsemSod: he did not use it, despite the DDD trailer confirming he had the capability. He is a fusion of both of their hearts, therefore he should be able to wield both Keyblades.

Xemnas happens to be a more glaring anomaly. His entire scheme to achieve his fabricated Kingdom Hearts was reliant on Sora, Roxas, and Xion's endowed abilities to wield the keyblade. This is an even more alarming paradox when we remember Nomura "hinted" that Xemnas could have used a keyblade. In this scenario, Xemnas is a Nobody just like Roxas. Roxas, even when Sora was still around, he could summon Sora's Keyblade. By this observation, there is no reason Xemnas could not have "borrowed" Terra's Keyblade from Lingering Sentiment. And if his "somebody" counterpart Apprentice Xehanort could wield Master Xehanort's keyblade, there is no reason he should not be able to either.

This entire thing makes no sense, and only further proves Nomura is making the story as he goes along. :/

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Considering how Terra was using MX's keyblade inside their hearts, it brings into question whether or not Terranort even had 2 keyblades to use.

sora364

Awards
Considering how Terra was using MX's keyblade inside their hearts, it brings into question whether or not Terranort even had 2 keyblades to use.

I had a similar conjecture as well. That struck me as odd. I postulated it was due to Terra's heart being completely overtaken by Xehanort's and blotted out his ability to summon his own. The entire scenario was metaphysical in nature, so it could be drawn out to aesthetics...but I doubt that. Or perhaps Nomura thought it would make no sense for Terra to have his own when LS had it?

*shrugs*

KevVentus

I don't think Terranort had two hearts coexisting, rather one heart trying to take over the other and making a single heart.

And maybe when he locked his heart he lost his ability to wield the Keyblade? But when his memories come back, it returns (like in the end of the TGS trailer)?

sora364

Awards
I don't think Terranort had two hearts coexisting, rather one heart trying to take over the other and making a single heart.

That has actually been the general consensus since Day 1, given the existence of AnsemSOD and what not :p Is someone saying the opposite?

And maybe when he locked his heart he lost his ability to wield the Keyblade? But when his memories come back, it returns (like in the end of the TGS trailer)?

...Hm. Interesting point. But I doubt one can suddenly "lose the ability" to wield a keyblade. He more or less had no memory of prior using one as either Terra or Master Xehanort (so he forgot he could wield one altogether) But as for the last part of your statement: definitely.

KevVentus

Isn't the entire premise of this theory that Terranort had two hearts instead of one?

I just realized that the scene with AX had to have been before he lost his heart... so Xemnas would have been able to remember about the Keyblade then : S

Ay yay yay

sora364

Awards
Isn't the entire premise of this theory that Terranort had two hearts instead of one?

Terra-Xehnaort (or Terranort) had two separate hearts: Terra and Master Xehanort's. So yes. Apprentice Xehanort is another story.

I just realized that the scene with AX had to have been before he lost his heart... so Xemnas would have been able to remember about the Keyblade then : S

Ay yay yay

Yep. Which makes literally no sense why he did not use it...until Nomura pulls another idea out of his ass to mindbonk us with.

Which brings me to an unrelated but important question: How is Zexion the age he is? Ienzo is very young in BBS, but don't the apprentices lose their hearts only a year later? I'm definitely perplexed.

1. Plothole.

2. OMGWTFBBQ Growth Spurt (a theory which is now negated due to the TGS DDD trailer showing the "dying" Ienzo fading into darkness as a child.)

3. Nomura Trolls: NOBODIES AGE

KevVentus

Ah. You caught that eh? I decided to make it a thread in series discussion instead

But yes, we're stumbling upon quite a few plotholes here...

I really feel like this is how he grouped the games according to writing:

Kingdom Hearts
KH FM, CoM, Kingdom Hearts 2
KH 2 FM, Days, BBS, BBS FM, Re:Coded, 3D

So when you start criss-crossing between the three, you start digging up some inconsistencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back