• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xehanort and Thanos (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AR829038

Awards
When you actually start breaking down the similarities between Xehanort and Thanos, things start getting kinda eerie.

1. Both Xehanort and Thanos wanted to bring balance to the universe by enacting a massive purge of life
2. Both Xehanort and Thanos adopted a young protege to train as an apprentice
3. Both Xehanort and Thanos are egoistical megalomaniacs with enormous savior complexes
4. Both Xehanort and Thanos have remarkably strong wills and convictions that sets them apart from the rest of the villains in their respective franchises (Thanos' convictions were the reason he was one of the few MCU villains to achieve his goals, and Xehanort's convictions were the main reason he was one of the only characters who could control darkness without being totally consumed by it)
5. Both Xehanort and Thanos were outcasts as children, Thanos because he was physically deformed and Xehanort because he literally grew up without a real home or family
6. Both characters get fought AFTER being killed once already
7. Both characters had to kill a person they loved to realize their ambitions (Thanos killing Gamora, Xehanort killing Eraqus)
8. Both Xehanort and Thanos achieved their goals before dying the first time, then were defeated in their second incarnation
9. They both have death scenes where they acquiesce to dying relatively peacefully
10. Both of them have a big, fancy sword
11. And, oh yeah, they're both bald

vaderskywalker

Awards
I meant both trying to restart the universe, (Kingdom Hearts III and endgame) but yeah everything you just said and more, I didn,t even realize they had that much in common, I just thought they had only two things in common, restart the universe like I said before and trying to obtain very powerful items to balance the universe.(the X-blade and the infinity gauntlet)

Smithee

Awards
More or less, except that the latter was better-written.

Last edited:

LastDemiDevil

Awards
As long as you vaguely consider be the goal to be "balance" then, yes.

Edit: Grammar

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
You mean MCU Thanos? Because comic Thanos only killed half the universe just to impress a chick.

vaderskywalker

Awards
You mean MCU Thanos? Because comic Thanos only killed half the universe just to impress a chick.
And that just makes MCU Thanos ten time better than the one from the comics, he's not doing it to impress someone, he actually has a goal.

Back