• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xehanort is pure evil

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

yamibakura95

Awards
The way he straight up kills Kairi without any warning just to get on with his plan is incredibly brutal. And notice how he smiles doing it, he enjoys killing.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
The way he straight up kills Kairi without any warning just to get on with his plan is incredibly brutal. And notice how he smiles doing it, he enjoys killing.
Xehanort wasn't pure evil, he was a regular boy like the rest of the cast who eventually found his way to being possessed by darkness. since he was a strong keyblade weilder, he didnt let the darkness control him, so he controlled the darkness to an extent because darkness has its own will as well to ensure its survival. darkness's will was made greater because of MX's. as explained in Union Cross that wills, either good or bad, can manifest and become stronger when joined with forces of either light or darkness. crystalizing Kairi was the will of darkness and not MX so that it ensured its own survival after already being defeated 12 times in the KH3 keyblade war (armored MX being the 13th) so i think darkness crystalized Kairi using MX's body as a medium

Last edited:

yamibakura95

Awards
Xehanort wasn't pure evil, he was a regular boy like the rest of the cast who eventually found his way to being possessed by darkness. since he was a strong keyblade weilder, he didnt let the darkness control him, so he controlled the darkness to an extent because darkness has its own will as well to ensure its survival. darkness's will was made greater because of MX's. as explained in Union Cross that wills, either good or bad, can manifest and become stronger when joined with forces of either light or darkness. crystalizing Kairi was the will of darkness and not MX so that it ensured its own survival after already being defeated 12 times in the KH3 keyblade war (armored MX being the 13th) so i think darkness crystalized Kairi using MX's body as a medium

Nah he just evil

Kokoko253

Awards
Evil, but not pure evil. He wasn't smiling because he enjoys killing, he was smiling because he got closer to his goals.

He is the kind of guy who wants to do good at first, but lets his arrogance and feelings of superiority delude him into thinking only he can do good.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Evil, but not pure evil. He wasn't smiling because he enjoys killing, he was smiling because he got closer to his goals.

He is the kind of guy who wants to do good at first, but lets his arrogance and feelings of superiority delude him into thinking only he can do good.
To add to this, why would he feel remorse for people who wouldn’t exist after he used the power of Kingdom Hearts?

To him, it was the easily corruptible hearts of people that was allowing the Darkness to fester in the universe. If people were susceptible to the Darkness, he either needed to control them all or get rid of them all and the ones who would not be controlled by him.

It’s not good, but in his eyes his actions were a means to an end for the betterment of the universe and Kingdom Hearts.

And besides that, if there were no people, then there would be no reason to feel painful emotions...You hear it in the way Xemnas spoke about loneliness and anger. You know it from Ansem’s secret desire to rebel, but how he gave up the idea. You can see it in the futility of Young Xehanort’s world view. These were the actions of a man who saw what the world for what it was and all he got from it was anguish and sorrow. And he also saw beauty that was being broken down by people manipulated by Darkness.

I can see why his answer to all of this was essentially what we witness in KH.

senninichigo

Awards
I just saw the title of this thread after the KHUX finale and it definitely doesn't age well does it............

Awards
I have found Master Xehanort to have some of the weirdest character tics in fictional media. Smiling weirdly and putting on the Jim Carrey Count Olaf eyebrow raise is one of them. ...It might also be a Sephiroth tic/reference, as Sephiroth (actually rather subtly) smiles in FFVII.

I find MX to be (ineffectively written) as an idiot absorbed in his arrogance; he doesn't deserve praise, imo, despite being presented as this master chess player. (No offense to Nomura and co., but for the most part, I don't buy the writing.) He has to earn it first. Kefka Palazzo is a lot more bearable with his childish antics and Kylo Ren-esque tantrums. At least you get the sense that Kefka tried, anyways.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think Master Xehanort's plan to be smart and I guess evil. But the truly evil things that he did were his experiments. He basically unleashed the heartless on all the worlds, created beings that weren't meant to exist and enslaved them (then caused them to be forced back into non-existence) and basically emotionally traumatized a bunch of teenagers.

Seasaltrio

Awards
At the end of KH III, Xehanort reveals that his plan all along was to destroy all the worlds to create something better for everyone. Really, his goal in the beginning was to help people and make a better world for them, but the darkness ended up controlling him more and more.
My main evidence for him not being pure evil is at the end of KH III when he realizes how evil he has been and how many people his plan effected, but he is forgiven and he turns toward the light before rising up to Kingdom Hearts with his old friend, Eraqus.

Awards
At the end of KH III, Xehanort reveals that his plan all along was to destroy all the worlds to create something better for everyone. Really, his goal in the beginning was to help people and make a better world for them, but the darkness ended up controlling him more and more.
My main evidence for him not being pure evil is at the end of KH III when he realizes how evil he has been and how many people his plan effected, but he is forgiven and he turns toward the light before rising up to Kingdom Hearts with his old friend, Eraqus.
Helping people is a big stretch.

It's not the people he cares about, it's the world itself.

By the time his training was coming to an end, he believed that the people were the problem. That whatever light they had was a sham and that they only brought darkness into the world either purely or through a facade of light, later claiming it to be solely from "Evil", rather than a merely natural occurrence from the hearts of people. Doesn't help that in his pilgrimage through worlds alone in his youth, he seemingly only encountered darkness through villainous characters.

In his eyes, there was no point in helping the people. What really mattered was controlling the people under the guise of-order. It's why his ultimate goal was to create an empty slate where balance can be maintained. Where he can rule unopposed with mindless masses unable to steer toward light or darkness.

Of course, by the time he was closer than he had ever been to his goal, he had become the very thing that he in his youth believed to be fighting against.

Someone carrying a delusion of having power, spreading darkness across countless worlds like a plague.

All the way to the end, he believed himself to be the very thing the world needed. That he would be the one to bring order and balance. When in actuality, he was just like the people he believed would be better off ruled by darkness.

Unable to realize that he does not get to make the choice, that he does not get to decide what is right for the world.

Unable to see that the world he desires...is impossible.

Last edited:
Back