• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xehanort Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Terra is Xehanort. Discuss.

Just kidding. So here's my theory on one of the new mysteries of Xehanort: his keyblade. I really never thought of MX losing his keyblade as odd until I read the below quote from the Ultimania:

(?) Where is Master Xehanort's keyblade?

As was stated in the Secret Ansem Report 13 in KHII, while studying darkness the young Xehanort opened the door to the heart of Radiant Garden. This would have been possible if he had a keyblade, but according to the Ansem Reports 4-8 in KH, he did not yet know about the keyblade at the time. In Last Episode Master Xehanort used his keyblade up until going to the world of darkness, but what happened to it after that...?
The fact that Nomura even brought this up is suspicious, and the wording is full of implications, so I think this may have a big role to play in future titles.

In Ansem Report 5 from KH1, Xehanort states that the door was open when he found it, which seems very puzzling if you take into account the quote above. At the time there were no other known keyblade wielders in Radiant Garden (besides Mickey, who I think we can safely say didn't open the door), so I have an odd theory on who opened the door.

I think Xehanort did it, but he didn't remember because he has, essentially, a split personality. One personality is the nasty amnesiac that we all love to hate, and the other is none other than MX himself. Thus MX could have been in control when he opened the door, while his other half remained ignorant of the keyblade until later, when Mickey arrived.

Also, I may be over-analyzing, but the quote above seems to imply that MX's keyblade still exists (hence "what happeend to it after that"), and it links that specific keyblade to the opening of the door in Radiant Garden. So it seems very likely that someone did open RG's door with MX's keyblade AFTER Terranort fell into darkness. If the door was opened before Terranort's fall, why even bring up what happened after, and if the keyblade was lost with Terranort's memories, why would this topic even be addressed? I can't imagine Nomura saying "What happened to MX's keyblade?" and then following it up with "Nothing, it's gone". It's Nomura, he has to come up with some wacky conspiracy to explain everything that doesn't need explaining. Heck look at Pooh's book; I never cared or wondered where it came from, but Nomura made a huge deal out of pointing it out in BbS.

With all this taken into account, Terranort seems the most likely candidate to have opened the door with MX's keyblade. Now discuss. :)

Last edited:

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I find it more likely that Xehanort simply has the magic touch when it comes to opening the doors; we've already seen it happen once with Riku. However, I agree that it's MX's keyblade doing the work.

Allister Rose

French Lover
it's possible that because xehanort apprenitces wanted to open the door and him having abilities of a keyblade wielder, the door probably opened by his own will.

Kind of how Riku was able to see the keyhole of destiny islands door

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
it's possible that because xehanort apprenitces wanted to open the door and him having abilities of a keyblade wielder, the door probably opened by his own will.

Kind of how Riku was able to see the keyhole of destiny islands door
I guess it's possible, but why would Nomura bring up what happened to MX's keyblade after Terranort fell into darkness if the keyblade had nothing at all to do with the opening of the door? He pretty much implied a connection between the keyblade and the door here.

But I'm curious, what exactly did happen with Riku and the door at DI? Did Riku open it? I've never read anything about that, and I figured XH opened it.

Last edited:

Aquaman OS

They really seemed to imply Riku opened the door, but at that point he didn't have a Keyblade either.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I guess it's possible, but why would Nomura bring up what happened to MX's keyblade after Terranort fell into darkness if the keyblade had nothing at all to do with the opening of the door? He pretty much implied a connection between the keyblade and the door here.

But I'm curious, what exactly did happen with Riku and the door at DI? Did Riku open it? I've never read anything about that, and I figured Ansem opened it.

nomura implied he could make it that way, but he never said it was a a fact.

Riku probably didn't open it. and i'm sure there are ways to open the doors without using a keyblade, in fact keyblade was what prevented the heartless from taking the heart of the world by locking the door to the world's heart.

if a heartless can get it, i'm sure ansem the wise could've opened the door without using a keyblade, because it most likely wasn't locked

State

Awards
This begs a big question:
Where do keyblades go when their owners don't want to hold them for a while?

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
up ur ass xD jkjk
no but i always thought they just kinda... well maybe... hmmm... i guess i never thought about that. it dosent seem that important to me but who knows

Allister Rose

French Lover

what do you mean? they don't go anywhere, it's always with them, if they disgard it, then it will probably be left somewhere like how keyblade graveyard is

Aqualung

Here is a question: can a keyblade take the shape of other weapons? Ansem SoD had a halberd and guardian, Xemnas had his lightsabers; were those just special powers that formed into weapons or were those actually Xehanort's keyblade that changed shape?

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
what do you mean? they don't go anywhere, it's always with them, if they disgard it, then it will probably be left somewhere like how keyblade graveyard is
so can you honestly say that sora or roxas carried the keyblade with them the WHOLE TIME?!?! they do go somewhere maybe for just awile but theres times when sora dosent have a keyblade and its not just lying on the ground either. wherever they go it must be accesible how else could you summon it? maybe xehanort had bad reception or something and couldnt summon it XD

Allister Rose

French Lover
so can you honestly say that sora or roxas carried the keyblade with them the WHOLE TIME?!?! they do go somewhere maybe for just awile but theres times when sora dosent have a keyblade and its not just lying on the ground either. wherever they go it must be accesible how else could you summon it? maybe xehanort had bad reception or something and couldnt summon it XD

bad reception?????

anyways,keyblade is always there, but the power i think is what summon

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Probably the same place they go to before their users know how to use them. After all, for example, Riku had the potential to use a keyblade for like ten years but he never once summoned it. I assume they just go into non-existence (not to be confused with nothingness). It's also probably the same place they go when their wielder dismisses them (you know, when they send them away with the flash of light... I don't know the official term).

I also still think it would be really weird for Nomura to say about Xehanort opening the door that "This would have been possible if he had a keyblade, but according to the Ansem Reports 4-8 in KH, he did not yet know about the keyblade at the time." and then say that anyone, like Riku or Ansem, could just open the doors without a keyblade. Sure he never specifically said they couldn't, but it is very heavily implied in that sentence.

The question is also titled Where is Master Xehanort's Keyblade? , which basically confirms that all the topics addressed in the question (i.e. the door in RG) are related to the keyblade.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I don't think the keyblade's resting place is ever going to visited in the games. They had the perfect chance with the Keyblade Graveyard, but they passed it up, so I don't think Nomura will address it further.

The keyblades just don't exist. But not like Nobodies. They really don't exist, to the point that they aren't anywhere at all.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I don't think the keyblade's resting place is ever going to visited in the games. They had the perfect chance with the Keyblade Graveyard, but they passed it up, so I don't think Nomura will address it further.

The keyblades just don't exist. But not like Nobodies. They really don't exist, to the point that they aren't anywhere at all.

if you take it in such vague and literal way, i suppose your right. but no, they exist toherwaise sora and co. wouldn't be able to summon it. who knows maybe the keyblades are from keyblade graveyard, you see a whole mess of fenrirs and other keyblades we seen in the past

Dawn Rebirth

Can you say vacay on Radiant Isle, and I'm growing
I'd like to put the Death-Blade on the table. (X stands for Death) The Death-Blade is a Keyblade, if we can confirm that and that the Death-Blade was made from Van and Ven's hearts we can say that if a Keyblade is destroyed the heart that created that Keyblade is destroyed with it.

If MX destroyed his Keyblade or was destroyed then his heart would be lost with it and I believe the same rules would apply vise-versa.

Allister Rose

French Lover
um, no xblade is not a keyblade as MX stated in BBS.

but it could stil apply due to the keyblade of ones heart is made out of the princesses seven hearts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back