• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xehanort's Guardian

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What do you think the Guardian is?

• It's obviously Eraqus!

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • It could be Xehanort.....

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • I got my own ideas!

Votes: 23 54.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I want it to be Eraqus because of two possible scenarios: 1.) He rejected the darkness, yet he uses it to protect Xehanort or Terra, or 2.) Eraqus could be the example of someone that goes through the Xehanortification process and goes wrong (granted, Eraqus was never seeded [to our knowledge], but Terra was and his heart is linked with Xehanort's).

Some guy

Wow, this just blew my mind as I was conviced the Guardian is some manifestation of Terra (whether it be his heart or whatever) controled by MX's heart.
468px-Final_episode_03.jpg

Here you can see all three, Terra, Terra holding MX's keyblade, and the Guardian all separate from one another.
This part of the game always puzzled me and seemed random, but when you think about it ... it pretty much makes sense! (or does it?)
Terra (or rather his heart I think) is clearly separate from the Guardian here, which points to them being different beings. Note that the Guardian is part of ... whatever it is they are doing (He attacks Aqua before this, just stands there in what looks like a trinity, and is blown away by the light). So to me it seems like Terra and Eraqus (to an extent) are helping Aqua their own way in the battle.

So, I officially join the Eraqus side! Until something better comes up.

Seighart

Awards
K crazy theory just too keep things going. What if, like someone said before, that this heartless is somehow a high standing ranked heartless? Xehanort left to seek out answers. We know he's been to the RoD(I think, since he says the universe werewasonce balanced in light and darkness.) What if Xehanort somehow..."captured" this high ranking heartless to command the darkness giving him the power he has? It's said that darkness isn't evil, it's the people that use it for evil. Remember how in DDD( I think...haven't played the recent titles in a while) we see the Guardian whimpering or pleading as if it was in pain? What if it was sad that it was being FORCED to do evil. :(

That, or it's Terra (Similar to how Sora wasn't hostile towards Kairi when he was a heartless) and just feels sorry for dragging Riku into all this by giving him the right passage. Since I believe that's Rikus first fight against Ansem.

Ps. I say first fight because I'm not entirely sure if the Ansem in CoM was the real one or just some memory since Sora is credited with defeating him. Sorry, this post was all over the place...

Edit: Posted before I read most of the first page.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
Ps. I say first fight because I'm not entirely sure if the Ansem in CoM was the real one or just some memory since Sora is credited with defeating him. Sorry, this post was all over the place...
The early Ansem fights was Diz in disguise. Ansem didn't start appearing till around the Lexeaus battle and he acted as the final boss as well. (meaning only the last ansem fight is the real one)

Last edited:

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
(meaning only the last ansem fight is the real one)
I don't think that the Ansem Riku fights in CoM is the same as the Ansem from KH1 and DDD.

That said, DDD is the first time Riku fights Ansem with his own Keyblade, which is what I believe may have triggered a response in the Guardian, whoever that may be.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I don't think that the Ansem Riku fights in CoM is the same as the Ansem from KH1 and DDD.

That said, DDD is the first time Riku fights Ansem with his own Keyblade, which is what I believe may have triggered a response in the Guardian, whoever that may be.
That is debatable and possible because we're not sure if the Ansem of CoM is the one of KH1 or a seed of him (like the Xehanort seeds) that was left behind.
Though which it was doesn't matter because whether the real or a part of him both are very much "Ansem".

It certainly triggered something. The way the Guardian reached out to him was sad somehow.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
What if the Guardian is Xehanort manifesting his darkness? He separated Ventus' darkness and formed Vanitas, what if he creates a similar being with his own darkness? Could add to his character of "balancing light and darkness" because he is in completely control of all of the aspects inside his heart.

Or he's just above any element.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
That is debatable and possible because we're not sure if the Ansem of CoM is the one of KH1 or a seed of him (like the Xehanort seeds) that was left behind.
Though which it was doesn't matter because whether the real or a part of him both are very much "Ansem".
I just assume after Ansem got hit by the light in KHI he went back in Riku's body to recover. Either way, though, yeah it doesn't really matter.

It certainly triggered something. The way the Guardian reached out to him was sad somehow.
Yeah. ... Could it be possible for the Guardian to be Terra's Heartless? I mean, yeah there's not much to go on, but with the way it reached out to Riku combined with the first time we see the Guardian is AFTER Xehanort takes over Terra's body. It...doesn't really hold anymore water than the rest.

Going back to Ansem for a minute. Maybe it's just me and I'm seeing something that's not there, but the way he sounds in DDD when he says "That...is your answer?" and "You can try." I always felt was odd. He didn't sound angry or even annoyed with being rejected by Riku again. The first line sounds more like he's...not exactly sad but I can't think of a better word.
Again, I'm probably just seeing something that's not there, but I keep feeling like I should keep it in mind.
[video=youtube;9lmS2higzus]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lmS2higzus&index=159&list=PLhcSrKyqhfh65KdZulRZNEEaADPxlkVy3[/video]
Can ya at least see why I feel that way?

Gram

Banned
Awards
We could also assume that Ansem is Terra's heart completely Xehanortified and that the Guardian is actually Xehanort's heart.

Now there's an interesting point of view I've never seen before. It could explain why the Guardian only appears after Xehanort's stolen a body as well.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I just assume after Ansem got hit by the light in KHI he went back in Riku's body to recover. Either way, though, yeah it doesn't really matter.

Yeah. ... Could it be possible for the Guardian to be Terra's Heartless? I mean, yeah there's not much to go on, but with the way it reached out to Riku combined with the first time we see the Guardian is AFTER Xehanort takes over Terra's body. It...doesn't really hold anymore water than the rest.

Going back to Ansem for a minute. Maybe it's just me and I'm seeing something that's not there, but the way he sounds in DDD when he says "That...is your answer?" and "You can try." I always felt was odd. He didn't sound angry or even annoyed with being rejected by Riku again. The first line sounds more like he's...not exactly sad but I can't think of a better word.
Again, I'm probably just seeing something that's not there, but I keep feeling like I should keep it in mind.
[video=youtube;9lmS2higzus]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lmS2higzus&index=159&list=PLhcSrKyqhfh65KdZulRZNEEaADPxlkVy3[/video]
Can ya at least see why I feel that way?
Ansem was already in Riku's body when he got hit by that light. Remember Ansems human form was thanks to him stealing Riku's body from him and then forcing him out.

That's actually not a bad theory, it being his heartless post possession, or at the very least something similar in nature.

Actually I've seen something along those lines mentioned so I wouldn't say your seeing something that isn't there. We don't know how Terra and Xehanort was split into Ansem and Xemnas so it's most plausible to think there's a little in each with Xehanort being the dominate force.
What your pointing out could be Terra's subtle influence. Ansem doesn't sound sad but more like...disappointed or maybe accepting is the better word? =3

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Ansem was already in Riku's body when he got hit by that light. Remember Ansems human form was thanks to him stealing Riku's body from him and then forcing him out.
Okay. I think I'm just so use to Ansem walking around in his human form that I kinda forgot that he was in Riku's body the whole time.

Actually I've seen something along those lines mentioned so I wouldn't say your seeing something that isn't there. We don't know how Terra and Xehanort was split into Ansem and Xemnas so it's most plausible to think there's a little in each with Xehanort being the dominate force.
What your pointing out could be Terra's subtle influence. Ansem doesn't sound sad but more like...disappointed or maybe accepting is the better word? =3
Thaaaat's the words I was looking for.
It's good knowing I'm not just seeing things that aren't there. Because this was something I've been meaning to mention for quite a while now and I felt that maybe my slight obsession with that scene (it's one of my favorite scenes) was starting to make me really over analyze it.

...Hn. Now that I think about it, the parasite theory for the Guardian could be how Ansem was reduced to a heart. It drained him of power until that's all that was left. And as it wasn't a forced removal (like what original-flavor Xehanort does with the Keyblade) he has control over himself and where he goes.
*shrugs* I mean, I dunno, it could at least explain why Xehanort couldn't just reduce himself into a heart and do the time traveling instead.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Okay. I think I'm just so use to Ansem walking around in his human form that I kinda forgot that he was in Riku's body the whole time.
Most do since Ansem's Robed Figure looks is only used for a handful of scenes in KH1 and DDD.

Thaaaat's the words I was looking for.
It's good knowing I'm not just seeing things that aren't there. Because this was something I've been meaning to mention for quite a while now and I felt that maybe my slight obsession with that scene (it's one of my favorite scenes) was starting to make me really over analyze it.
I wouldn't think your over analyzing at all. I mean just compare Ansem's calm behavior in that scene compared to his other appearances.
When Riku rejects Ansem in the final fight of CoM gets angered and actually irked after he wins the fight calling him an insolent brat.
He also gets angered every time Mickey intervenes in CoM preventing his control.

While in this particular scene here Riku's rejection doesn't visibly bother him and his tone is a bit more disappointed or accepting rather than irritation.

...Hn. Now that I think about it, the parasite theory for the Guardian could be how Ansem was reduced to a heart. It drained him of power until that's all that was left. And as it wasn't a forced removal (like what original-flavor Xehanort does with the Keyblade) he has control over himself and where he goes.
*shrugs* I mean, I dunno, it could at least explain why Xehanort couldn't just reduce himself into a heart and do the time traveling instead.

Not really sure if it was forced or not since, whether by keyblade or other methods, Xehanort willingly became a heartless.
Of course due to his sentient nature Ansem is more like a "walking heart in the form of a heartless" than a true mindless monster.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Fun thought: what if the Guardian is Xehanort? Not necessarily a heartless but the form MX's manifests as within Terranot and Ansem with their darkness as the medium.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Fun thought: what if the Guardian is Xehanort? Not necessarily a heartless but the form MX's manifests as within Terranot and Ansem with their darkness as the medium.
Huh, never thought of that. I like it. It also gives another good explanation for why it didn't appear until after Xehanort merged with Terra.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
Indeed. It'd also explain why other vessels lack it, including Xemnas, because MX's main heart was a part of Terranort and Ansem while everyone else got shards.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Random thought. One thing I've been thinking about since your Individuals thread, is if Xehanort is using the Guardian to keep Ansem (and maybe also Xemnas) in check. That's all I got.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Random thought. One thing I've been thinking about since your Individuals thread, is if Xehanort is using the Guardian to keep Ansem (and maybe also Xemnas) in check. That's all I got.

=D Interesting! That'd certainly be something I like seen developed or looked into. Kinda like the guardian is what keeps Ansem, Xehanort's heartless, under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back