• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xehanort's Name

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeggieKeyblader

Not really sure if this should be here, but I guess so, since spoilers will probably be used...

Can someone clear up for me why Xehanort's an anagram of 'Another' and 'No Heart'? Surely MX wasn't just named that randomly...

Allister Rose

French Lover
it was probably an anagram for xehanort when he was in terra's body. it might be just an anagram but meant to hint something to us gamers and not something in-game.

Samhain

Bronze Member
what about

" a throne "

it kinda makes sense because a throne is in the chamber of repose and awakening and xehanort was a keyblade master

Allister Rose

French Lover
what about

" a throne "

it kinda makes sense because a throne is in the chamber of repose and awakening and xehanort was a keyblade master

Yeah, it's weird how the name 'Xehanort' has so many anagrams that kinda fit him.

...'Tan Hero.' Hinting at future games? xD Just kiddinn

tetsuya nomura only confirmed "no heart" and another. any other anagram is not canon

Samhain

Bronze Member
ya but its odd.

whats the reason for xehanorts anagram of "noheart" if he clearly has a heart? shouldnt the anagram be going on to master xehanort? whats the reason for him?

i think i understand xehanort apprentice of 'no heart' because he doesnt have his own heart right? he shares 2 hearts but what bout master xehanort

Allister Rose

French Lover
ya but its odd.

whats the reason for xehanorts anagram of "noheart" if he clearly has a heart? shouldnt the anagram be going on to master xehanort? whats the reason for him?

i think i understand xehanort apprentice of 'no heart' because he doesnt have his own heart right? he shares 2 hearts but what bout master xehanort

i'm not so sure if he had two hearts. i tihnk everyone assumed that because of the secret ending.

also i think "no heart" was for xemnas and "another" was for when he was ansem's apprentice

T

The Spoiler

You never know if Nomura ditched the No Heart thing

But Another was the password to the computer in KH2FM so that one is 100% canon
I wonder what it means though...

Allister Rose

French Lover

IGN said that, but if you count the asterisks, you can see there's one letter left. he actually spelled xehanort

T

The Spoiler

IGN said that, but if you count the asterisks, you can see there's one letter left. he actually spelled xehanort

You can clearly see ANOTHER as the password.

Then he puts the other passwords, which I think this is what your talking about because Xehanort fits but Another is one letter short

XEHANORT
BRAIG
DILAN
EVEN
AELEUS
IENZO

Allister Rose

French Lover

You can clearly see ANOTHER as the password.

Then he puts the other passwords, which I think this is what your talking about because Xehanort fits but Another is one letter short

XEHANORT
BRAIG
DILAN
EVEN
AELEUS
IENZO

trust me, i had this argument before and i lost, that's why i say xehanort

Awards
trust me, i had this argument before and i lost, that's why i say xehanort

It's clearly "another."
This shouldn't even be a debate. I don't know how you get "xehanort" out of that.

Anyway, we shouldn't have a double standard here.
If it applies to one Xehanort, it should apply to another.

I know that "another" probably refers to the fact that Terranort is "another Xehanort (the first being Master Xehanort), but it irks me knowing that, since Xehanort has an anagram for "another" no matter which Xehanort we're talking about, it ought to apply to Master Xehanort as well.

As for "No Heart," who knows. Perhaps it refers to MX's non-literal "heartless" (ie cruel) nature, but that's a pretty unsatisfying explanation. And I don't think Nomura would have thrown it out the window either. After all, since Xehanort's name came about as an anagram of "no heart," then he must have had this "no heart" idea in mind since day one. And if it's important enough to be in the name of the character, that shouldn't be something so easily thrown out.

So if it hasn't been thrown out... then, what?

Just a hunch, but the answer may lie even further in the past. Given that we've caught glimpses of MX when he was younger, perhaps it revolves around that time period.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
ya but its odd.

In my opinion, Master Xehanort ultimately gained control of Terra's body despite the conflict we saw between them in the secret ending. Through Terranort, who was now Ansem the Wise's apprentice, Xehanort wanted to fully give into darkness, even though he knew it would get rid of his heart. He believed that darkness was the ultimate power.

Perhaps "no heart" also represented how evil and uncaring he was. He didn't have any compassion for people, and did whatever it took to gain power, even if it meant stealing someone else's body.

Furthermore, I think his name also has the anagram "another" because when Xehanort became a Heartless, Xemnas was created. As Vexen said in Re:COM, Xemnas is "another ansem", meaning another form of Xehanort.

T

The Spoiler

Furthermore, I think his name also has the anagram "another" because when Xehanort became a Heartless, Xemnas was created. As Vexen said in Re:COM, Xemnas is "another ansem", meaning another form of Xehanort.

But Xehanort has the name Xehanort before Xemnas was even created, so Another being the anagram doesnt have to do with Xemnas or Ansom SOD or Terranort, because the name existed before any of them were made.

Allister Rose

French Lover

What?

Whatever. The first thing he writes, which might be the username? Is Another. THEN Xehanort is one of the six passwords.

seee? no contradiction to what i have said. on

It's clearly "another."
This shouldn't even be a debate. I don't know how you get "xehanort" out of that.

Anyway, we shouldn't have a double standard here.
If it applies to one Xehanort, it should apply to another.
i wasnt talking about the username, i was talking about the password.

MeggieKeyblader

Perhaps "no heart" also represented how evil and uncaring he was. He didn't have any compassion for people, and did whatever it took to gain power, even if it meant stealing someone else's body.

This makes sense. Perhaps it was just symbolic of his personality and selfish goals, nothing to do with the story.

But 'another' does make sense as well, and it's canon... maybe because there'll always be 'another' form of Xehanort? Not always, but, yknow, a lot... there's, what, like 5 or 6 forms of him so far?

tetsuya nomura only confirmed "no heart" and another. any other anagram is not canon

I was kidding. Obviously 'Tan Hero' isn't canon. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back