• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xehanort's Power to Create Copy Worlds.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
So in Toybox Young Xehanort created a copy world that separated Woody, Buzz, Ham, and Rex from Andy and a few of their other toy friends (like the ones that have license issues) and Sora and friends can only reach this one and never the other. I believe they said one of them is fake. That being said Xehanort used this to observe the toys and see how hearts work in the world. So the Organization can create copy worlds to observe things. Why didn't they do the same thing for the other worlds? Like if they are watching Rapunzel, Elsa, Anna, and looking for the black box and don't want Sora getting in the way, why not create a separate split world like they did in Toybox, one that Sora can't reach? This way they can do their work without having to blow Sora off snow mountains or put him to sleep unnecessarily.

And on the topic, why is it we never see Xehanort use this power again? That seems pretty OP to create a fake world. Is it like DiZ's data Twilight Town? I feel like this should be explained a little more and be put to more use. So many of the Organizations experiments happen off screen, but I feel this is a big one to overlook. What do you guys think? Is this something you think we should explore? Or is it just a game mechanic excuse to explain no humans and license toys in Toybox?

Perkilator

Awards
Part of me mostly wishes it was a fake dream world using power from the Realm of Sleep (which I mostly want as an excuse to see Dream Eaters in Toy Box, given the context of the plot plus the fact Dream Eaters resemble stuffed animals).

As for why it’s never used again, my guess is either

a). Xehanort used up a lot of his power and couldn’t do it again
b). Nomura didn’t want the worlds to feel like they have the same plot
c). All of the above

AR829038

Awards
This has always been one of the most confusing aspects of Young Xehanort's character to me. In DDD, it seemed like he used a similar power to separate Traverse Town into two at the beginning of the game, but later we learned that Riku just dived into Sora's dreams inadvertently, so it's unclear whether Xehanort had anything to do with the construction of the second Traverse Town, or whether that just occurred naturally as a result of Riku's actions. In this game, the reasoning behind it is completely bonkers. I'm personally going to go with the headcanon that Xehanort somehow trapped Andy and the other missing characters inside the dreams of the characters he left behind, much like how Sora ended up trapping Master Xehanort inside a world of his own memories at the end of the game. I don't think it's as simple or as grandiose as "Xehanort can just make copies of other worlds". That seems way too OP, and at least there's some tenuous precedent for the dream world theory with Riku and the way his dream-diving bifurcated the Sleeping Worlds. In that context, it's also more understandable why Xehanort would not have used that ability more frequently, as it would serve fewer purposes. Plus, yes, I imagine it takes a lot of energy, even though we don't have any concrete evidence of this.
This is my headcanon and I'm going to choose to believe it until I have reason to believe otherwise.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
While the Toy Box world being partly in the Dream World would in theory make sense, it doesn't add up with the Heartless being there. My best guess using the methods we already know is that the Toy Box world we visited is a Data World.

The copy is obviously imperfect, recreating the world, but not it's rules and all of it's inhabitants. I assume a difference to the original world besides the lack of humans is also that the toys in this world are just that toys, not living beings with hearts.

As too why they never did this before or after, I guess it was rather hard to pull off or only certain worlds can be pulled into two like that. Honestly I doubt we'll ever learn how it was done nor will we likely see it again.

Back