• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xehanort's/Xemnas' memories theory + Connection to Terra

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryantjj

Xehanort, a man who supposedly lost his memories. His Nobody, Xemnas, also has no memories of his previous life; his life as Xehanort (and maybe even the life as one of the Chasers.)

Okay guys, here it is: my theory on Xehanort/Xemnas. This hasn't been completely fine-tuned yet but please enjoy...

The fact that he doesn’t remember anything:
Sora: There’s more to a heart then just anger or hate. It’s full of all kinds of feelings. Don’t you remember?
Xemnas: Unfortunately, I don’t.

This is one of the key moments that show that Xemnas doesn’t have any memories, BUT…

In The World That Never Was, we see a conversation between Ansem the Wise and Xemnas:

Xemnas: Ansem the Wise, you look pathetic.
Ansem: Have your laugh. I deserve as much for failing to see you for the fool you are.
Xemnas: Students do take after their teachers. Only a fool would be your apprentice. After all, none of this would have happened without you. YOU are the source of all Heartless. It was your research that inspired me to go further than you ever dared.
1) Only a fool would be your apprentice. Hmmm, does this mean Xemnas thinks that Xehanort was a fool? Does Xemnas hate Xehanort? Why? Maybe because it was Xehanort’s fault that he was created. And thus it was Xehanort’s fault that he is now tortured by the fact that he doesn’t have a Heart.
2) It was your research that inspired me to go further than you ever dared. Does Xemnas remember his time as Xehanort, as Ansem’s apprentice? Does he remember the research that Ansem began? How else could it inspire him? Or is he simply saying that Ansem’s research inspired Xehanort?

From all this, we can assume that Xemnas remembers his time as Xehanort and as an apprentice of Ansem. But it could also be that Xemnas simply read the Ansem reports, or even did some simple research in the computer in Radiant Garden. So he might’ve not remembered all these facts, he simply learned them somewhere else. But this isn’t what I’m really getting at.

In the newly added cutscene named ‘An old Friend’ we see Xemnas walking down a very long path, and while he’s walking we hear a memory of a conversation between Ansem the Wise and Xehanort (human form)! Xemnas shouldn’t be able to remember this conversation. But… there is one way I can think of, a way to regain his memory.

Please keep these two phrases in mind:
‘Birth by sleep’
‘The room of sleep’

Xemnas often resides in the so-called Room of sleep. Could it be possible that his memories are born again while he resides here? The Birth by sleep is the birth of the memories in the Room of sleep.
However, residing in only the Room of sleep is not enough. Remember the phrase ‘It all began with birth by sleep’?
It begins in the Room of sleep. And where does it end? The Room of awakening. The room that Xemnas seeks. Why does he seek this room? Well, obviously to fully regain his memories.
Now, why is Xemnas able to regain memories in these two rooms? Because of the people, or fragments of them, that reside in these rooms. In the Room of sleep we see the armour of Aqua lying around. Since we are able to fight Terra in KH2FM+ it isn’t strange to assume that Ven, or a fragment of him, resides in the Room of awakening. And why is Xemnas able to regain his memories by residing in these rooms in the company of Aqua and Ven? Well, if we are to assume that Bald Guy is Xehanort and thus also is Xemnas, or Xehanort was the apprentice of Bald Guy (I’ll get back on that one later), then the connection between Aqua, Ven and Bald Guy and eventually also Xehanort/Ansem is obvious. The connection is very strong, because they might’ve all been Chasers or working together very closely. And since their connection is so strong, Xemnas’ memories are born again when he is near Aqua and Ven.

In the commercial for Final Mix+ and Re:CoM, in the part about FM+, we see Xemnas and the rest of the Org. sitting in their chairs. But then, Xemnas says something odd:

Xemnas: Sora and the boy with friends… I wonder if he will awake.

Whoah!! What is Xemnas talking about? ‘The boy with friends…’ Who can this be? He can’t be talking about Sora, his sentence wouldn’t be grammatically correct (as if Xemnas would care J). Anyway, is he talking about Roxas? But, to define Roxas as the boy with friends… Roxas doesn’t have many friends. Only Axel. So that means one friend. And not ‘friends’ So Roxas is also out of the question. Riku perhaps? Well, if there’s one description that wouldn’t fit Riku then it would be ‘The boy with friends’. Sure, Riku has lotsa friends, but any outsider wouldn’t know or even define him as someone with friends. So, Riku isn’t it either… Now, at first I wrote a whole paragraph about ‘The boy with friends being’ being Ven. Ven has friends: Aqua and Terra. But… even though this is still a possibility, when I read the following, something better popped into my head:
“Master Xehanort’s Avenger, his name is Terra.”
“Not yet awakened, he is connected to those two.”

This is saying: Terra hasn’t awakened yet.
Xemnas: I wonder if he will awake.

First of all, when you’ve seen the Birth by sleep trailer, then you’d understand why it would be strange to define Terra as a boy. Terra was the oldest of the three knights and maybe even the strongest. But remember that Xemnas finds himself all high and mighty. He might even look down on Terra. So, if you look from Xemnas’ point of view, it wouldn’t be strange to define Terra as a boy.
Now, does Terra have friends? Sure he does: Ven and Aqua (And maybe even Xehanort… Don’t dwell on this now, it’ll all be come clear. Just keep on reading).
Okay, so let’s assume that ‘The boy with friends’ is Terra. What does this mean? What is the difference between the Terra as we have seen him up until now and an ‘awakened’ Terra? Would he be more powerful? Would he have all the memories of the Keyblade War?
It would be possible for Terra to be more powerful in an awakened state. But, would he receive all the memories of the Keyblade War? Nah, he never even forgot. He obviously remembers it all because he feels hatred towards Xehanort.
What I think is this: In KH2FM+ Terra is called ‘The lingering Spirit’. This would mean that he doesn’t have a real body or he isn’t really an existence. So, if he were awakened, would he have a real body?
We could say that Ven has already awakened (I’m not going into detail about this right now since it’s not important in this, yet. After a few paragraphs, I’ll go into detail.) Let’s say that Ven has already ‘awakened’ through Roxas. By awakening through Roxas, he gained a real existence, a living and breathing body. So, if Terra awakened, would he receive a body? (It might sound odd, awakening through… But I’ll explain it later on. Just keep reading.)

Now, let’s work out something: We all know that Ven looks one helluva lot like Roxas. Also, as proved by HeartExtracter’s theory/picture, Terra and Xemnas also have some striking resemblances. For those who want the link: http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom...d-my-diagram-interesting-added-something.html It’s a really great theory!
Nomura stated that if Roxas were a ‘special’ nobody, then Xemnas would be one too. If we assume that both are in fact special nobodies (especially since Roxas isn’t a real Nobody, according to my other theory) then let’s sum it up like this:
Ven à Roxas
Terra à Xemnas
Don’t misinterpret me; I’m not saying they’re all the same, they just relate to them. Please look at this:

Ven and Terra are both knights. (Maybe even Chasers). Both could be put in the same ‘category’ (Just like… ummm… You put Sora and Kairi in the Human category, Xigbar and Xaldin in the Nobody category and plain Shadows and Soldiers in the Heartless category. Just random examples, people. I hope this makes sense). So, basically, Ven and Terra are the same. And they both relate to ‘special Nobodies’ in some way. These ‘special Nobodies’ being Roxas and Xemnas are also the same.

Now, let’s look at the phrase ‘Birth by sleep’ from a different perspective.
In the added scene ‘Remembrance’ Axel says:

Axel: Finally woken up?
Roxas: Axel…
Axel: Nope, maybe you’re going to sleep. Soon, I won’t even be able to talk to your consciousness like this.
Roxas: I… I’m going back to how I was.

Clearly, they’re talking about Roxas joining with Sora. They’ll become one existence again. Axel describes this process as going to sleep. But, in a way, you can also see this as awakening. Roxas and Sora join again, and their original existence is born. Their original existence is again awakened.
So, when they join again, Roxas will go to sleep. He’ll join with Sora. By doing this, something is born again. Their original selve is awakened.
So, something is awakened. In the case of Roxas and Sora, it’s probably Ven who is awakened. (Their original selve would be Ven.)
Now, to point out something else, if it’s like this:
Sora + Roxas = Ven
Xehanort + Xemnas = Terra
Then wouldn’t it be natural that
Kairi + Naminé = Aqua?
Both Sora and Kairi joined with their ‘Nobodies’ so Ven and Aqua have already awakened. Only Xehanort and Xemnas haven’t joined yet, so Terra isn’t awakened yet. Look:
“Master Xehanort’s Avenger, his name is Terra.”
Not yet awakened, he is connected to those two.”
This supports what is said above, right? :)
If we assume that the ‘he’ in the second sentence is Terra then who are the two Terra is connected to? It could be Aqua and Ven, which is probably presumed by many people. But, wouldn’t it be more obvious if they were talking about Xehanort and Xemnas? This is one way of looking at the phrase. But there is also another way of looking at it.
Ummm, I find it really hard to explain this but I’ll try: In the first sentence of the phrase, 2 people are mentioned: Xehanort and Terra. In the next sentence you could look at it like this: There is someone who isn’t awakened yet, but is connected to those two: Xehanort and Terra.
I hope it’s making sense what I’m saying. Now, the only person I can think of who’d be connected to those two would be…Xemnas. So, Xemnas not being awakened yet, it would mean that when this phrase is said by someone, it must’ve been said before Xemnas and Xehanort joined again. But… when did Xemnas and Xehanort join? They never did because Sora defeated both. But when a Heartless and the corresponding Nobody are defeated, they join again. Now this is all nice and all, but I have yet to figure out the importance of this all.

Now, which way of looking at the phrase appeals to you more? I like the first one better, the two being Aqua and Ven. And it wouldn’t be the first time that Aqua and Ven are mentioned as ‘those two’. Because, according to one of my theories, Aqua and Ven are ‘The lost two’ because they have both been severely wounded. (We all know how Ven was wounded and about Aqua: in the scene ‘An old friend’ we see Aqua’s armor in pieces so it is not strange to assume that she’s been wounded as well.)

Now, I could go into a lot details about Ven now, but this theory is about Xehanort/Xemnas. So I’ll be talking about them first.
First of all, let’s explain why Xehanort is a special Nobody. If you’ve read my theory about Roxas then you’ll know this: Roxas was created when a Heart returned to it’s Body and Soul; the complete opposite of a normal Nobody creation. But what about Xemnas?

Roxas was created from a pure LightHeart, Kairi’s. Xehanort however, had a Heart that we assume to be pure Darkness.

How did Xehanort become a Heartless? He didn’t have a Keyblade to unlock his Heart. Surely he wouldn’t let a Heartless attack him and take his Heart. So how did he do it? In Ansem’s Report 8 he writes about a device he created. Apparently this device was able to artificially create Heartless. These artificially created Heartless were marked with an Emblem. Now, please note that Xehanort’s Heartless had an Emblem. This means that this Heartless wasn’t created through the normal process of a Heartless, it was created artificially. So, Xehanort used his device to create his Heartless.
In Ansem’s Report 12 he says he transcended to an existence of only the Heart. So Human Xehanort used his own Heart in this process. But something went wrong: his human Body had perished, or so he said. He let the device take his Heart and make it into a Heartless. But his Heart was so pure of Darkness that the process sort of failed. Because of this, he maintained his Human form. And also he kept his memories. Because the process was so screwed up, a ‘special’ Nobody was created. Xemnas. Because the created Heartless kept the memories that were supposed to be transferred to the Nobody, Xemnas didn’t remember anything about his previous life. Now, please read the beginning of the theory again. There was still a way to regain his memories. He could let them be reborn in the Room of sleep or he could try to learn as much as possible from Ansem’s computer and the Ansem Reports that were left behind.

Well, that would be most of my theory about Xehanort/Xemnas. It’d like to close off with one last explanation: The link between Bald Guy and Xehanort. (This will also explain how Ven and Terra and Aqua would be ‘reborn/awakened’ by Sora/Roxas, Xehanort/Xemnas and Kairi/Naminé).
I think this is was happened:

Before the big battle took place Terra, Aqua and Ven all entrusted a few persons with a part of their Heart. This was in case anything was to happen to the three. They were Chasers and the creators of the Keyblades. If they were to fully disappear, it would be catastrophic for the world’s safety. If they died and the Keyblades were destroyed, then the Heartless could easily devour all worlds. So to prevent this scenario, they gave a piece of their Heart to a few persons. Terra chose his best friend: Xehanort. Aqua and Ven didn’t really have anyone they could fully trust and so they decided to seal the parts of their Hearts into the ones of 2 children. This was a very good solution, since children were always so full of light. So, Aqua entrusted the part of her Heart to Kairi and Ven to Sora.
Now, this all went well for a while, but then something unexpected happened: Xehanort betrayed the three and joined the evil Chaser: Another. (I know; weird name but it’ll all become clear later on.) Because Terra had trusted Xehanort with his life, he became enraged. The power of Darkness was almost able to get its grip on Terra but he managed to contain himself (This explains the yellow eyes at the end of Birth by sleep.) Xehanort became the follower of Another. He might’ve been the Dark Soldier, though Terra would’ve probably gone after him if that were the case and he wouldn’t have gone for Another immediately. Now, the big battle ensued. I am not going to speculate its outcome but for the sake of this little story: Another was defeated by Terra. However, Xehanort survived. Because Xehanort was still Terra’s best friend, he only sealed his memories and then sends him off, drifting in the space between the Realms of Light and Darkness.
Now, as stated by Nomura in Other Report’s Secret Report 2:
“At present, there are 4 worlds in between these realms that have appeared. A) Castle Oblivion, B)Twilight Town, C) Yen Cid's Tower, and D) The World That Never Was. Constructed in this manner, Light < C < B > A > D > Darkness” I only changed the word ‘planes’ into ‘realms’ for the sake of this story. Don’t worry, they basically mean the same.
Now, Xehanort was sent drifting in the space between the two realms and ended up in Hollow Bastion, also called Radiant Garden. This is were Ansem the Wise found him. And you know the rest.
Now, the very last thing I want to say: I think that Xehanort had a different name when he was still Terra’s best friend. However, when he betrayed them, he chose the name Xehanort. He took it because it was an anagram of Another, with a X added. This was to show that he really admired Another. Also, this is where the Anagram + X started. Now, this all also explains why Terra hates Xehanort so much.

Okay people, that’s all. I hope you enjoyed reading this. Even now, this theory hasn’t been completely fine tuned yet. There are still a couple of holes, but please let me know what you think.

Questionsofheart

Well, that is a damned long theory....I didnt read most of it , just glimpsed it. I Completely agree with the Sora/Xemnas conversation at the end of the game meaning something. I think though, that Xemnas was another special Nobody(i.e.Roxas,Namine) caused by special circumstances. Perhaps Xehanort was already a Heartless/Nobody when Ansem found him, but he still somehow had a heart? That would explain why Xemnas has no recollection of having a heart, because his original self never had one.(completely I mean, like a regular Human.)

ONe problem with your theory is that you suggest that Ven may be Sora+Roxas, but then you say that Ven gave part of his heart to Sora in the past,which would mean that one of your theories must be wrong. Idk, maybe I missed something, dont be mad at me. : ) GOOD JOB!!!!

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm glad you pointed out that Xemnas seems to remember some memories and that the Roon of Sleep/Awakening are very important to the game. I only read about half of it then skimmed through the rest of the theory but it sounds really good from what I've read! Good job!

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
hmm...i dnt know why ppl write essays nowadays, maybe gettin practice for the exams eh.
i skimmed thru it and i agree with you on some parts.
good theory...i think?

Bryantjj

Well, that is a damned long theory....I didnt read most of it , just glimpsed it. I Completely agree with the Sora/Xemnas conversation at the end of the game meaning something. I think though, that Xemnas was another special Nobody(i.e.Roxas,Namine) caused by special circumstances. Perhaps Xehanort was already a Heartless/Nobody when Ansem found him, but he still somehow had a heart? That would explain why Xemnas has no recollection of having a heart, because his original self never had one.(completely I mean, like a regular Human.)

ONe problem with your theory is that you suggest that Ven may be Sora+Roxas, but then you say that Ven gave part of his heart to Sora in the past,which would mean that one of your theories must be wrong. Idk, maybe I missed something, dont be mad at me. : ) GOOD JOB!!!!

Questionsofheart, the Sora + Roxas = Ven part shouldn't be taken to literally. Ven gave part of his Heart to Sora and then he probably died or something. When Roxas joined with Sora again, the part of Ven's Heart inside of Sora awakened and from the part, Ven might've been recreated.
Oh and also, Xehanort must've had a Heart because otherwise no Heartless could have been created. And it is clear that the Xehanort you fought in KH1 is a Heartless. Though, I must say that this can be ruled out if you look at some particulair facts...

Last edited:

Bryantjj

hmm...i dnt know why ppl write essays nowadays, maybe gettin practice for the exams eh.
i skimmed thru it and i agree with you on some parts.
good theory...i think?

neloangelo, what were the parts that you didn't like? Please tell me so I can improve it... And I didn't mean for it to become an essay :)

Oops, sorry for the double post!

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
it was wot QOH said, but as you said it could be that ven must have some contact with sora in some way, so when roxas was born it was from that ven part of sora. or somethin like that.
its a good theory, well the parts i read anyway.

marlousmiracle

For the Future
Website
www.myspace.com
Uhh Too long theory, I stopped when he said Terra hasnt waken yet. But you do bring up interesting points. ABout Sora and the boys with friends, Roxas is probably the boy cause his friends were Pence, Hayner and Olette and his true friend was Axel. Ven must be connected to Sora and Roxas. Its all confusing now and I dont really get all the info.

virusbstr

I haven't been on the forums alot, but where do you get the "Xehanort's avenger, his name is Terra" Quote from? I seem to remember a quote very vividly from Final Mix+ in which Terra says "... all that remains is my hatred for Xehanort." How can he be Xehanort's avenger when he hates him? Oh God, I think I might have started KH Insider's 1,284,747th theory.

V

V.A.T.13

I haven't been on the forums alot, but where do you get the "Xehanort's avenger, his name is Terra" Quote from? I seem to remember a quote very vividly from Final Mix+ in which Terra says "... all that remains is my hatred for Xehanort." How can he be Xehanort's avenger when he hates him? Oh God, I think I might have started KH Insider's 1,284,747th theory.
It was in a pic of Terra with some weird coding in it.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
PhotoPlog - View File here. And I dont know how, but the coding translates to "Master Xehanorts Avenger. His name is Terra. Not yet awakened, he is connected to those two"

Thanks for the pic...Wish I could translate it myself to make sure I knew the correct translation, but I'll go with what everyone is already saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back