• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xemnas. Why didn't he?...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
It's so obvious...

Terra sealed away Terranort's memories when he locked his heart with MX's keyblade. Notice how we NEVER SEE HIM WIELD ONE after that moment? Riku at Hollow Bastion also doesn't count because Xehanort's heartless was possessing Riku who was made a keyblade user by Terra. So no, Terranort couldn't wield a keyblade after his memories got seald, and as a result his heartless and nobody couldn't either.

neither could Xehanorts apprentice, but he still managed to open the door to the heart of Radiant Garden. His memories may be sealed, but it doesn't seem to be a very strong seal either. I believe one way or another, Xeahnort is going to break from that seal, and Master Xehanort is going to take control once more.

also, you don't need spoilers in the spoiler section :/

Aqualung

neither could Xehanorts apprentice, but he still managed to open the door to the heart of Radiant Garden. His memories may be sealed, but it doesn't seem to be a very strong seal either. I believe one way or another, Xeahnort is going to break from that seal, and Master Xehanort is going to take control once more.

also, you don't need spoilers in the spoiler section :/

Now before anyone says that the Door of Radiant Gardens wouldn't have opened for Xehanort unless he had a keyblade, I will remind everyone that Riku was able to see beyond Destiny Islands door when he was a kid, and we know he didn't have a keyblade then. So it seems Keyholes and their doors react to the heart of a keyblade wielder and not the keyblade itself.

In other words, the Radiant Garden door was reacting the the merged heart of Xehanort, therefore he didn't need to wield a keyblade at that time.

So IMO, Xehanort/XH/Xemnas has simply forgotten how to wield the keyblade.

Memory Master pretty much just explained why he was able to open the door to Radiant Garden's heart, but was wondering how he forgot. I pointed out that it was when Terra sealed Terranort's memory with MX's keyblade. I think it's a pretty sound theory we have come up with.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
oh well yeah, i didn't mean that he used a keyblade. What i was saying that him being a keyblade wielder was evident even if he didn't know, and that he couldn't use one until that seal, or basically those memories awaken. We were pretty much saying the same thing

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Put simply.

If Xemnas doesn't remember he can wield a keyblade than that is that. He can't wield one because he doesn't know. If that's the case okay. That is what I believed until Nomura's bullsh!t answer of his intentional absence of keyblade wielding. If you believe Nomura was just saying it for the sack of not havain an answer at the time then ok, but if you take his words for it than wat is the explanation? Clearly what most of you had stated was : "Xemnas hasn't wielded because he doens't remember" which means you are going by the "Nomura lied" option. Now the other option is "Nomura is telling the truth" and if so how is it possible? I'm asking if you consider that what Nomura said was true than wat is the explanation? Forget about option one and focus on option two. "What would make it possible or make sense for him not to wield?"

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
what difference are you trying to make out of "not knowing", and "not remembering". Remembering became evident after seeing the events of BBS, or rather Terranort sealing his heart. If Xehanort was given the opportunity to hold a keyblade things would have turned out differently.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
you mean the KK?, that's actually the keyblade that was supposed to be for Riku. That has nothing to do with the predicament of Xehanort

Ah, but Roxas was able to wield Ven's Keyblade without having any of Ven's memories.

Personally, I agree with the person that said Xemnas couldn't wield the Keyblade because he didn't have a heart. Thus far, every Keyblade wielder we've seen had a heart of some sort, even Roxas.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
Ah, but Roxas was able to wield Ven's Keyblade without having any of Ven's memories.

Personally, I agree with the person that said Xemnas couldn't wield the Keyblade because he didn't have a heart. Thus far, every Keyblade wielder we've seen had a heart of some sort, even Roxas.

Yes but the difference is that Sora was able to wield a keyblade, and was fully aware of how to use one before his nobody counterpart came to existence. This is something Apprentice Xehanort doesn't share in common with. We know that Roxas was able to manifest the keyblades in connection to Sora's friends i.e The Oblivion and the Oathkeeper. If Sora is connected with Ven by merged hearts, the idea of Roxas with Vens keyblade should not be surprising however uncommon it would seem.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
you mean the KK?, that's actually the keyblade that was supposed to be for Riku. That has nothing to do with the predicament of Xehanort
I find it more likely that the KK is a remnant of the X-blade within the Ven part of Sora; all we know about Riku is that he was chosen to wield a keyblade, not necessarily the KK.

Yes but the difference is that Sora was able to wield a keyblade
Stop there for a second.

How could Sora wield a keyblade of a person whose memories he doesn't have?

Last edited:

Daxis Kanata

Didn't terra's subconscious lock Master Xehanort's heart so that he wouldn't remember he had a keyblade and so that he wouldn't be able to use one again.

Aqualung

Didn't terra's subconscious lock Master Xehanort's heart so that he wouldn't remember he had a keyblade and so that he wouldn't be able to use one again.

That's exactly what I said.

OFF-TOPIC: Hey Eraser, I can see the nipples on your sig LOL

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
I find it more likely that the KK is a remnant of the X-blade within the Ven part of Sora; all we know about Riku is that he was chosen to wield a keyblade, not necessarily the KK.

Stop there for a second.

How could Sora wield a keyblade of a person whose memories he doesn't have?

it's not a matter of remembering what keyblade you use. If Sora's heart is merged with Sora's as one, it may be possible that even without memory the keyblade of Ventus could be developed. This is what i was saying with Roxas. He had no real idea about Kairi or Riku seeing as his memory doesn't coincide with Sora's because of his shortlived heartless existence. He subconsciously dual weilded the Oblivion and the Oathkeeper

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
OFF-TOPIC: Hey Eraser, I can see the nipples on your sig LOL
...OSHI-

This is what i was saying with Roxas. He had no real idea about Kairi or Riku seeing as his memory doesn't coincide with Sora's because of his shortlived heartless existence. He subconsciously dual weilded the Oblivion and the Oathkeeper
Erm...wouldn't that be Sora's memories and Ven's memories? Since both keyblades couldn't have belonged to Sora.

Either way, I take it we both agree that there's an element more important than memories that determines one's ability to wield.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Alright I made this thread because I was just going to let this one slide and wait till other games to point it out but I can't anymore lol

In the Ultimania of Birth By Sleep, one subject addressed was "Xemnas being a nobody of two keyblade wielders, Terra and Master Xehanort (technically speaking), why couldn't he wield a keyblade like Roxas who was a nobody of a keyblade wielder, Sora (& and to a small extent Ven seeing how he could use Ven's keyblade when dualwielding)?

Nomura responded with something that kind of ticked me off a bit but accepted. He may have not been using one intentionally. Here are some theories/hypothesis/speculations I came up with.

1. Apart of Xemnas was keeping him from using the keyblade to try and stop him consciously. What I mean by this is like how Xion was able to toss Riku the keyblade through Roxas. Maybe apart of Xemnas was holding the keyblade back so he couldn't carry out his warped and twisted plans. Whoever this is could vary from Terra to Eraqus to a mixture of the two, I don't know.

2. Here is one that is way to thought out to be true but I'm throwing in there anyway.
Riku was preventing him from using it. Hear me out, when Riku took on the appearance of Xehanort's Heartless he somehow managed to obtain another keyblade and dual wield at that as well. In KH1 correct me if I'm interpreting this wrong but Sora claimed Riku's keyblade as his own in Hollow Bastion and left Soul Eater with Riku from Post HB, through CoM, and beginning of KH2. Riku managed to obtain a keyblade AND another keyblade through the influence of Xehanort's heartless, this keyblade that he took as his own could have been the one Xemnas was intended to use. I mean Roxas and Sora are constantly trading everything with each other; memories, power, the keyblade so why can't Riku do it when he is in possesion of Xemnas' other half? Fanficish I know but I had to throw it on the table.

3. Maybe Nomura just threw that in there to be funny and there is no way Xemnas was capable of wielding a keyblade.

So please discuss.
im picking 3.

nomura luvs his mind games.

Aqualung

and his mind games are backfiring on him

This.

Totally this times a thousand. People are starting to hate the mind games now, myself included. They're Nomura's way of trolling KH fans.

moonboy

Probably memories-- note that against Aqua he seemed to have forgotten how to use Quake spells, so probably by the time he recovered after being saved by Aqua he lost his memories about his skills with the Keyblade(s).

Aquaman OS

He has his entire moveset he used against against LS with the exception of the multiple Meteor spell and that's more for gameplay purposes if anythingl

Lelouch

I personally think Nomura is just pulling stuff out of his ass. I see no reason for Xemnas not to use the keyblade against Sora and Riku. If he wanted to be "god" of all worlds and turn everything into nothingness then obviously he would want to use his full power to eliminate any threats to his plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back