• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xigbar in 358/2 days

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tri-blade

I recently come to realize that in 358/2 days, Xigbar has been doing some strange things. During one of the days you go to Olympus Colosseum, Xigbar suddenly appears and decides to have a match with you. As soon as Roxas turns away from him, Xigbar disappears. What was he doing their in the first place, testing Roxas?
Another thing I noticed was when Roxas was sent to get Xigbar from Halloween Town. When I played through this day again, I noticed that Xigbar seemed quite capable of defeating the heartless himself, so what was he really doing during those days he was missing? WHy would he have needed help defeating a heartless like that since we know that he has taken on opponents much stronger than that (TAV)?
I believe that during these times, Xigbar was actually meeting up with the other "paths" MX had chosen and getting orders along with reporting the Organization's activities. I think that Xigbar knows who Xemnas really is (corrupt version of Terra) and was trying to find a way to destroy him subtly so that MX could reform again. I think he was also testing Roxas to see if he was at all worthy for his and MX's path's plot.

Maxyli138

I recently come to realize that in 358/2 days, Xigbar has been doing some strange things. During one of the days you go to Olympus Colosseum, Xigbar suddenly appears and decides to have a match with you. As soon as Roxas turns away from him, Xigbar disappears. What was he doing their in the first place, testing Roxas?

That's what I assume what he was doing. He was probably checking how strong he was.

Another thing I noticed was when Roxas was sent to get Xigbar from Halloween Town. When I played through this day again, I noticed that Xigbar seemed quite capable of defeating the heartless himself, so what was he really doing during those days he was missing? WHy would he have needed help defeating a heartless like that since we know that he has taken on opponents much stronger than that (TAV)?

When was he missing? I don't remember that. And I'm guessing it was his mission to help out Roxas in Halloween Town.

I believe that during these times, Xigbar was actually meeting up with the other "paths" MX had chosen and getting orders along with reporting the Organization's activities. I think that Xigbar knows who Xemnas really is (corrupt version of Terra) and was trying to find a way to destroy him subtly so that MX could reform again. I think he was also testing Roxas to see if he was at all worthy for his and MX's path's plot.

How does Xigbar know who the other "paths" are? I think he has some idea about who Xemnas really is, but we don't know yet.

Radar

Bronze Member
Somebody said that Xigbar might have been so cool to Roxas because he wanted to make it up to him, since he was a d!ck to ven in bbs.

Megavoltage

Awards
With how much BBS built up Braig the series HAS to do something important with him so I'm betting that you're correct and it'll turn out that Xigbar was setting Xehanort's plans in motion all this time, just in secret. In BBS's secret episode it showed Riku spying on Roxas and Xion so BBSV2 will probably give us more information about what happened during 358/2 Days. So if Xigbar was doing secret conspiracies it will be probably be explained in BBSV2.

tri-blade

The Xigbar in halloween mission is here:
YouTube - [USA] Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Walkthrough [121] ~ Day 302
He seems quite capable of fighting doesn't he? Siax said that Xigbar went ahead of Roxas. The only time Siax has had Roxas ever go out and get somebody is when that person went missing (Xion and Xaldin went missing for days during certain missions and Roxas had to get the both of them).

I found something else though! Look at 6:00 onwards and you see Xigbar hiding and listening in.
YouTube - [USA] Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Walkthrough [124] ~ Day 321[Part 2]
I think that Xigbar thought Xion was referring to Ventus when she says "I saw a boy who looks lust like Roxas" in 5:50 instead of Sora because Xigbar never seemed interested in the whole "Roxas and Sora" debate before in the game and he has never seen Sora, but only heard of him. He probably doesn't know about the Sora-Roxas relationship. Xemnas probably kept it under wraps until towards the end of the game.

As for the testing, I think Xigbar was trying to see if Roxas had Ven's fighting style because up until then, Xigbar never saw Roxas fight. Since Roxas looked exactly like Ven (because he never has seen Sora) Xigbar was trying to put together Roxas's true identity.

Maxyli138

The Xigbar in halloween mission is here:
YouTube - [USA] Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Walkthrough [121] ~ Day 302
He seems quite capable of fighting doesn't he? Siax said that Xigbar went ahead of Roxas. The only time Siax has had Roxas ever go out and get somebody is when that person went missing (Xion and Xaldin went missing for days during certain missions and Roxas had to get the both of them).

I found something else though! Look at 6:00 onwards and you see Xigbar hiding and listening in.
YouTube - [USA] Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Walkthrough [124] ~ Day 321[Part 2]
I think that Xigbar thought Xion was referring to Ventus when she says "I saw a boy who looks lust like Roxas" in 5:50 instead of Sora because Xigbar never seemed interested in the whole "Roxas and Sora" debate before in the game and he has never seen Sora, but only heard of him. He probably doesn't know about the Sora-Roxas relationship. Xemnas probably kept it under wraps until towards the end of the game.

As for the testing, I think Xigbar was trying to see if Roxas had Ven's fighting style because up until then, Xigbar never saw Roxas fight. Since Roxas looked exactly like Ven (because he never has seen Sora) Xigbar was trying to put together Roxas's true identity.

It's true that Xigbar could have done the mission himself, but Roxas could just as easily done the mission himself too right? And on day 11 mission 4 Larxene went out on her mission before Roxas.

Xigbar knows that Roxas is Sora's nobody. Considering he's number 2 in the organization right under Xemnas, he knows a lot more than other members. He knew that Xion was a replica, and even called her "poppet", which is similar to "puppet".

tri-blade

It's true that Xigbar could have done the mission himself, but Roxas could just as easily done the mission himself too right? And on day 11 mission 4 Larxene went out on her mission before Roxas.

Xigbar knows that Roxas is Sora's nobody. Considering he's number 2 in the organization right under Xemnas, he knows a lot more than other members. He knew that Xion was a replica, and even called her "poppet", which is similar to "puppet".

Larxene and Roxas went pretty much together. They were only a few minutes apart. Xigbar was gone a lot longer

Just because Xigbar is number 2 just means he was the 2nd person to join the organization. The number rank doesn't mean how high your up on the organization list, but when you joined the organization. Siax is Xemnas's second in command. Didn't you read the introduction in the 358/2 days instruction manual when they were introducing what the Organization was? It does not mean Xigbar knows everything about Xemnas and his secrets. He doesn't know who Xemnas was talking to when Xemnas was in the Room of Sleep. Xigbar said that he could only hear voices.

Maxyli138

Larxene and Roxas went pretty much together. They were only a few minutes apart. Xigbar was gone a lot longer

Just because Xigbar is number 2 just means he was the 2nd person to join the organization. The number rank doesn't mean how high your up on the organization list, but when you joined the organization. Siax is Xemnas's second in command. Didn't you read the introduction in the 358/2 days instruction manual when they were introducing what the Organization was? It does not mean Xigbar knows everything about Xemnas and his secrets. He doesn't know who Xemnas was talking to when Xemnas was in the Room of Sleep. Xigbar said that he could only hear voices.

Xigbar knew Xemnas before they became nobodies, and he knows a lot more about what's going on than other members. While Saïx is Xemnas' second in command, he doesn't completely understand his intentions. Xigbar understood Xemnas way more. He even helped him way back when Xemnas was still Master Xehanort! And talked to him when he became one of Ansem's apprentices. Xigbar might not know everything about Xemnas, but he knows a lot more than he lets on.

flurryflames

Xigbar is very complicated, but his intentions could very well be to bring back MX. He was the one who he had joined an alligience with when he was Braig, but we still don't know why he did this. Xigbar is also a show off and eavesdropper.

To be fair we know that either Dilan, Braig or Eleausus must of put the armor in the room of Sleep. Because I am sure the turned Xehanort didn't know much for the very least at the moment. Xigbar could of been the ring leader for all we know and let Xenmas have it.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Good point, but it was Dilan that put the armor into the chamber. Braig had told him to do so at the end of BBS. And, why was Xigbar one of the first ones to go down in the Castle That Never Was? Was he just trying to stall Sora, so that Saix, Xemnas, and the other Nobodies could complete Kingdom Hearts?

Radar

Bronze Member
Good point, but it was Dilan that put the armor into the chamber. Braig had told him to do so at the end of BBS. And, why was Xigbar one of the first ones to go down in the Castle That Never Was? Was he just trying to stall Sora, so that Saix, Xemnas, and the other Nobodies could complete Kingdom Hearts?

Maybe, and Xigbar did not seem too disapointed when he "died." Maybe it is because he knew that he could come back as a completel being...

Crystal

Silver Member
Maybe, and Xigbar did not seem too disapointed when he "died." Maybe it is because he knew that he could come back as a completel being...

But his heartless must be defeated before he can becoming a complete being

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
To be fair we know that either Dilan, Braig or Eleausus must of put the armor in the room of Sleep. Because I am sure the turned Xehanort didn't know much for the very least at the moment. Xigbar could of been the ring leader for all we know and let Xenmas have it.

The chamber wasn't built at that time; Xemnas himself built it, implying that he's familiar with its purpose, and, by extent, the nature of the armor (since Braig seemed to be surprised that Xemnas had conversations in there).

Megavoltage

Awards
Question: Think a nobody could defeat their heartless themselves so that they'd know they could come back as a full being?
I guess that's possible. But how would the Nobody be able to find his/her Heartless? There are thousands of Heartless so it might be hard to find the one you need.

Last edited:

Crystal

Silver Member
Maybe Xigbar knew his heartless was defeated??

How did he knows that? xD
I think their Heartless could be an unique one compare to a Normal Heartless.

I guess that's possible. But how would the Nobody be able to find his/her Heartless? There are thousands of Heartless so it might be hard to find the one you need.

I think theirs were unique. OR
Being hardworking in beating Heartless, one of them should be theirs xD

tri-blade

Well in order to defeat one's heartless, a keyblade is needed. The Heartless will just re-spawn somewhere else if it is hit with just a regular weapon. That is why the Organization needed Roxas and Xion. It is possible that one of the "paths" Xehanort created has a keyblade and used it to destroy Xigbar's heartless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back