• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xigbar?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xnairb

Website
theredsquirtle.blogspot.com
When I first read Xigbar's name, I read it "Zig-bar", but with light being shed on some other org. members names, like Marluxia not being "Mar-luck-see-a", but "Mar-loo-she-a", and Xion not being "Z-eye-on", but "She-own", would Xigbars name be pronounced "Shig-bar"?

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Well in japanese it is "シグバール"

So it would be pronounced "Shi-gu-bā-ru"

State

Awards
"shig-bar"? sounds like some kind of place chicks would go.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
well i call him Zig-bar XD

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I will never be able to look at the sex that is Xigbar in the same way if I have to call him Shigbar. Like Noich said, it is and always will be Zigbar. The games might say differently, but I pronounce things according to English rules, therefore he will always be Zigbar to me, like Marluxia will always be Marluckseea to me, and Xion will always be Zion to me.

slmcknett

I'm pretty sure that the American Square Enix translators will be translating it as Shig-bar if they ever get a chance to, seeing as how they've based all of the other names on their Katakana counterparts. Otherwise, it would have been Zi-on. But, it's not, is it? And it's pronounced Shig-bar in Japanese as well, so I'm pretty sure it is Shig-bar in English too. You don't have to pronounce it that way yourself, I'm just saying that that's what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back