• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xigbars unnecessary censoring

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Does anyone else find it stupid that they changed Xigbars gun in the NA version to make it "less violent" It is ridiculous. I was fighting him in Final Mix and he actually has a gun. For anyone who doesnt know the difference here you go. This game will probably never be taken seriously if they keep censoring such little things.

Last edited:

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
It was probably done due to the high-school/college shootings in America and similar incidents in Europe. Also, America and Europe feel the need to wrap the kids up in cotton wool and think we're stupid enough to imitate a man on a screen who shoots pink bullets at a kid holding a giant key while hanging upside down from thin air.

Satoshi

It was probably done due to the high-school/college shootings in America and similar incidents in Europe. Also, America and Europe feel the need to wrap the kids up in cotton wool and think we're stupid enough to imitate a man on a screen who shoots pink bullets at a kid holding a giant key while hanging upside down from thin air.

Which is, frankly, quite a realistic view of today's world.

jtking

It's kind of ironic, Clayton in KH has a genuine shotgun, but in the second game, they censored Xigbar and even the gun-wielding pirates.

KeybladeLegacy5

SENPAI!
haha yeah, and people with big swords too :( i dont like how people think we will imitate it but whatever...personally i wish he had the sniper in the NA version but it dont matter

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well, unfortunately the general American censoring is flawed, too flawed.

An example: Here we have a normal videogame with some guns, blood and lots of violence. Let's say 12-14+?

BUT OH MY GOD!!! IT SHOWS A WOMAN'S NIPPLE......I MEAN, SURE GENERAL BOOBAGE IS ALL RIGHT, BUT AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! MY EYES!!!! THEY BURN!!! IT'S A NIPPLE!!!!!! 18+++++++++++++++++!!!!!!

......HEEEEELP ME!!! I'M MEEEELTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

State

Awards
i find the modified view of xigbar quite stupid, i wonder who the hell would focus with three glowing pink balls right in front of you. :__

Trukybldemstr2

Garbage Pail Kid
Website
www.facebook.com

.............................................HAHAHAHAHA.............i would try that........but yeah you're right........

Miku

Website
www.kawaiizonbi.webs.com
I hate censoring. By changing Xigbar's weapon, they basically changed who he is. I mean, a shotgun is his signature weapon, but they changed it into dual gun thingys. So stupid. What I also find dumb is
the censoring of Axel's death.
Do they really need to change stuff like that? =_=

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
I really don't care... it's such a minor change and really has no effect on the game.

ventus12

Does anyone else find it stupid that they changed Xigbars gun in the NA version to make it "less violent" It is ridiculous. I was fighting him in Final Mix and he actually has a gun. For anyone who doesnt know the difference here you go. This game will probably never be taken seriously if they keep censoring such little things.

ok im sorry but are you complaining because the cross-hairs where changed was it that serious? i kinda like the NA version even though it doesnt matter to me but its really not a big deal a 2 minutes part of a boss battle doesnt really matter to much. sorry but i think this is pointless

namine_ftw

You have to remember, a lot of kids play the game. Although I personally would have left it alone, I understand the reasoning why Disney would remove it. I doubt some parents would like their 9-year old kid having to play a game where they have to avoid getting sniped, even if it's only for a few seconds. And it's not like it affects the plot or anything.

AlphaXXI

Website
fr.kingdomhearts.wikia.com
They even edited the scene with Daisy in Disney Castle...
In the japanese version she hits Donald several times on his bottom (wich makes funny noises). -__-

Last edited:

kurix175

That could be it but like what everybody else have said America does go crazy with the censoring because of possibly over protective parents. And miku how did that happen, I guess I didn't catch how it was.

ventus12

I hate censoring. By changing Xigbar's weapon, they basically changed who he is. I mean, a shotgun is his signature weapon, but they changed it into dual gun thingys. So stupid. What I also find dumb is
the censoring of Axel's death.
Do they really need to change stuff like that? =_=

your right bout that but making him dual wield guns kinda helped his story like with the eye patch and all and him being a "marksman" plus he could shoot further with those. but they could have just gave him a suped up shot gun but i prefer the dual guns

Voltron

Silver Member
It might have been pointless, but did it honestly hurt any of you? I mean if it was a big scene that they changed I could understand but really. I like how his weapon changed into a sniper rifle, but I prefered the targeting in the North American version more.

Flickr

I know! I found that stupid! Only I like how he summoned his weapon in the NA version more than the vapanese. idk...

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
In the past I aways expect KH2 to be T for teen rating but other fans were like "No it will be E+10. Well this is what you geet when you want a kingdom hearts game to be E+10. Hopefully they won't fuck with BBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back