• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion and Subject X Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Crazy to believe that I am still posting a theory about this game after it's been released, but the game's been re-contextualised ever since the Kingdom Hearts III Ultimania came out.

Anyway, this theory is explaining the connection that Xion has to Subject X.

First off, we have to identify Subject X. Subject X is evidently a character from the X games, as this is the direction this franchise is heading post Kingdom Hearts III. Nomura confirmed that in the Kingdom Hearts III Ultimania that Ava is not Subject X, and Strelitzia was struck down by Brain so she's very unlikely to be Subject X. This leaves Skuld to be the candidate.

So, assuming that Skuld is Subject X, this theory will explain the connection between Xion and Skuld.

I believe that Xion will be retconned to be a character that is influenced by Kairi and Skuld. Just like how Roxas is Sora's Nobody with the appearance of Ventus. At face value, this is not a big deal, but upon further analysis, this re-contextualises so many things, and gives Xion a further purpose beyond being a re-completed character.

For starters, it explains why Roxas and Axel sees Xion differently from everyone else. Ventus heart was dormant inside Roxas before Sora was re-completed hence his appearance. So it stands to reason that a fragment of Ventus dormant memory of Skuld was projected onto Xion.

Now for Axel, both Isa and Lea had the goal of rescuing Skuld/Subject X, even after turning into Nobodies. So with this in mind, Axel projecting his memory of Skuld/Subject X onto Xion also makes sense. And for those who are wondering why Saix never project Skuld/Subject X onto Xion, it's simply because he refused to make new friends in order to stay loyal to his initial objective.

So, what does everybody think about this theory?

Nukara

Awards
A very interesting theory.
And I hope that Skuld will appear in future games.))

snow_flake40

Awards
Oh interesting!! I could definitely see Nomura retroactively pulling something like this, and it'd finally give a proper explanation for why Xion has black hair lmao

If Xemnas still has access to his research conducted as Apprentice Xehanort, it makes sense he'd try to build Xion with some of Skuld's memories/whatever to ensure she'd be able to wield the Keyblade. And since KH3 confirms that Xemnas chose the Organization members 9 through 12 for having some connection to ancient Keyblade wielders, I could see Xemnas using Xion as an opportunity to dig up and reuse the research on Skuld to figure out her connection to everything and slot her into his plans.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
This is a cool theory. So Skuld would be to Xion, what assumingly Ven was to Naminé. This would also make sense given all we know so far. Xemnas could have seen the replica member as a chance to get a keyblade wielder and learn more about the Dandelion era.

I personally always just assumed that Roxas and Axel saw Xion's true self, the person she saw herself as, though this self image could have in theory bein influenced by a alleged connection to Skuld.

D

Deleted member 246005

I don't like it happening but i could see it being plausible.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Oh interesting!! I could definitely see Nomura retroactively pulling something like this, and it'd finally give a proper explanation for why Xion has black hair lmao

If Xemnas still has access to his research conducted as Apprentice Xehanort, it makes sense he'd try to build Xion with some of Skuld's memories/whatever to ensure she'd be able to wield the Keyblade. And since KH3 confirms that Xemnas chose the Organization members 9 through 12 for having some connection to ancient Keyblade wielders, I could see Xemnas using Xion as an opportunity to dig up and reuse the research on Skuld to figure out her connection to everything and slot her into his plans.

Nomura didn't have to create Ventus to justify Roxas' appearance, and he did not have to remove Mickey's top in 0.2 Birth by Sleep, but both those things happened anyway. Giving a reason why Xion's hair is black is such a Nomura thing to do.

In Organization XIII, Xion is an anagram for No IX. It's almost as if subjugating Xion is deja-vu for Xemnas from when he was Terra-Xehanort, and subjugating Subject X. The memories of Subject X would have been etched into Terra-Xehanort's heart, hence why Ansem, Seeker of Darkness was the character that searched for Subject X.

This is a cool theory. So Skuld would be to Xion, what assumingly Ven was to Naminé. This would also make sense given all we know so far. Xemnas could have seen the replica member as a chance to get a Keyblade wielder and learn more about the Dandelion era.

I personally always just assumed that Roxas and Axel saw Xion's true self, the person she saw herself as, though this self image could have in theory being influenced by an alleged connection to Skuld.

Well, before the interactions between Ventus and Skuld, I too assumed that Xion default appearance was solely that of how she viewed herself, but after the most recent Union Cross update of the Virus, Ventus and Skuld seemed to have bonded, and I don't think that's a coincidence.

Back