• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion was pointless on purpose theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Hedginka

Awards
If we're being serious, I don't think there's such thing as a most hated KH character anymore. The fanbase is so divided and torn into various subsections that it'd be impossible to pick one character above everyone else that gets the most flak. For example, one of my least favourite characters is Ienzo, because I think his justification for the horrible shit he and his colleagues did is pathetic. But Ienzo has a cool haircut, so a lot of people like him. Any character you pick for being despised, you'll find a fanbase for. Terra used to be bashed by seemingly everyone in the fandom for how much of a red echidna he is, but look at the boy now.

Except at least in Sonic we get to see people interact outside their "trios" in a way more organic way. Hell, even Forces accomplished this and that says a lot

Eh. We certainly got character interactions out of Forces, but I'd strongly hesitate to say they were organic. That's just me though.

Deliverance

Awards
Xemnas' master plan in KH2 was stupid too. If you go off of vanilla KH2, Xemnas just seems like an idiot. He intentionally becomes a nobody, then cries and begs for sympathy because he just wants to be whole... yet he did it to himself? Also, his plan is for Sora to go kill heartless to create Kingdom Hearts, so why not stay hidden and let Sora wander around worlds looking for Riku/Mickey killing heartless until you get Kingdom Hearts?

At least in Days, it sort of fixes Xemnas' stupidity in KH2. It shows that he initially was looking for someone that he could actually control to do the job of killing heartless. Which then explains why he settled on Sora because he couldn't control someone, so he resorted to manipulating Sora into killing heartless (which he would have done anyway, so Xemnas didn't really do anything to Sora).

Not only does it at least make Xemnas seem more competent where he would try and get a keyblade wielder he could control, but it also fleshed out the true purpose of the replica program (and its potential for future use like in KH3). Xemnas in KH2 was just a mysterious bad guy with a thesaurus feigning sympathy for himself. Days may also make Xemnas look stupid, but that "stupidity" is actually a result of his researcher side. He wanted to see what would happen between the actual nobody (Roxas) and the replica made of memories (Xion). He assumed the end result would be a keyblade wielder he could control - so he didn't care who won, he would get a keyblade wielder and complete an experiment. Days may not have had the best plot for an action RPG, but in my eyes Days was meant to be a different kind of story - a smaller scale story about three friends caught up in something bigger than them. It was the perfect way to flesh out characters (Xemnas included) in a subtle way.

There's nothing wrong with passive characters being protagonists of stories. They are more difficult stories to write, but they do work and I think it did work in Days. Logically speaking, if Roxas had joined the Organization and made no friends, he would probably just continue doing what Xemnas said because that was what he thought his existence was. That's sort of the nature of nobodies - as seen when Roxas is first born and is a zombie. The catalysts to Roxas' change were Axel and Xion. Roxas was eventually caught between two opposing sides - Axel wanting to obey the Organization (to find his friend) and Xion who wanted to break away from them (to find herself). The game builds up to the climax of "what will Roxas do?" He needed to be more passive for that choice to be more impactful - we needed to see Axel and Xion play their parts, so that we could see how torn Roxas would become. Nomura made a wise decision putting the lens of the game through Roxas, so that we get to hear his inner thoughts and know him better, while other characters control the narrative - so that it doesn't feel unbalanced and Roxas still feels like the main character, albeit passive.

Even though we the players can assume that what Roxas did in KH2 was all because of Xion - storywise, it isn't. At that point, Xion was already wiped from everyone's memories (yet somehow still in Vexen's diary) and then Roxas' memories were wiped again when he was placed into the fake Twilight Town. With basically a double mind wipe of Xion, his actions ins KH2 are solely his own which is a testament to who Roxas is.

Wasn’t Days the game that said the Org intentionally turned themselves into Nobodies? I don’t recall that ever being mentioned in 2 (though I agree it’s hilariously stupid either way). As far as his actual plan goes, there was nothing dumb about it. It was a moral dilemma. It literally did not matter that Sora knew their plan because the only way to stop them was to stop killing Heartless. Something they knew for a fact Sora would never do. And remember, their plan was actually successful. They got Kingdom Hearts. It’s just that the plot pulled a terrible Deus Ex Machina to solve the problem.

I would understand if Xemnas had created Xion due to Roxas acting against the Org’s interests or something, but he follows orders without question from day 1. And yet he thought Xion, who was not only super unstable but actually acting against their interests, was a suitable replacement. Why would Xemnas risk so much for a plan he had nothing to gain from? Even more so when taking KH3 into account, since had his original plan worked the replicas wouldn’t have even been necessary.

Passive protagonists are hard to write because they’re boring and unengaging. It’s hard to care about a character and their struggle when they themselves don’t care enough to do anything about it. And it strains credulity when said character was already established as being active. “He needed to be this”, “He needed to act like that”. That’s the problem. The story needs to completely change Roxas’ personality in order to work. Remember that we already knew his backstory in 2. He had dreams about Sora, asked questions the Org didn’t want to answer, and he left. We know for a fact that he would’ve searched for answers without Xion existing because Nomura himself told us so.

And how can KH2 Roxas’ actions be his own when Xion did literally everything he did first? You yourself said Xion inspired him to do what he did. His change in personality makes no sense otherwise.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Wasn’t Days the game that said the Org intentionally turned themselves into Nobodies? I don’t recall that ever being mentioned in 2 (though I agree it’s hilariously stupid either way). As far as his actual plan goes, there was nothing dumb about it. It was a moral dilemma. It literally did not matter that Sora knew their plan because the only way to stop them was to stop killing Heartless. Something they knew for a fact Sora would never do. And remember, their plan was actually successful. They got Kingdom Hearts. It’s just that the plot pulled a terrible Deus Ex Machina to solve the problem.

I would understand if Xemnas had created Xion due to Roxas acting against the Org’s interests or something, but he follows orders without question from day 1. And yet he thought Xion, who was not only super unstable but actually acting against their interests, was a suitable replacement. Why would Xemnas risk so much for a plan he had nothing to gain from? Even more so when taking KH3 into account, since had his original plan worked the replicas wouldn’t have even been necessary.

Passive protagonists are hard to write because they’re boring and unengaging. It’s hard to care about a character and their struggle when they themselves don’t care enough to do anything about it. And it strains credulity when said character was already established as being active. “He needed to be this”, “He needed to act like that”. That’s the problem. The story needs to completely change Roxas’ personality in order to work. Remember that we already knew his backstory in 2. He had dreams about Sora, asked questions the Org didn’t want to answer, and he left. We know for a fact that he would’ve searched for answers without Xion existing because Nomura himself told us so.

And how can KH2 Roxas’ actions be his own when Xion did literally everything he did first? You yourself said Xion inspired him to do what he did. His change in personality makes no sense otherwise.
It's alluded to in KH2 that Xemnas turned himself into a nobody. When Xemnas is talking to Ansem The Wise, he basically says that Ansem The Wise is the source of all heartless and that Xemnas took the research further than Ansem ever dared. But in KH2 it was a dumb plan because Sora had to either stop killing heartless (once aware of the plan) or just continue like normal - which was a huge issue for me with KH2. Because we see Sora only worried about that once, then never address it again. They don't even have Sora say "well I have to kill heartless even if it helps Xemnas". But back to Xemnas' plan, Days/KH2 had the plan be simply that Xemnas wanted to turn himself back whole after intentionally becoming a nobody - which is dumb, no way you look at it. Then 3D retcons it to being Xehanort's attempt to transfer himself into the Organization. For the purposes of Days/KH2, I think that Xemnas came off more competent in Days because he had a more tangible goal (get a keyblade wielder that he could fully control). He was working on Sora, Roxas, and Xion as the backup - which matches Xehanort's ultimate planner personality. Compared to vanilla KH2 where Xemnas just seemed like an idiot - "oops I turned myself into a nobody, please help me turn myself back... and instead of actually asking for help, I'm just going to try and kill you too, kthnx bai." There was no real drive behind KH2 Xemnas besides fulfilling the "villain" role.

Roxas followed orders from day 1, but Xemnas was probably wary of him potentially betraying him - just like the Castle Oblivion members. And unlike those members, Roxas had a keyblade so it would have been worse for Xemnas if that happened. Hence Xion would have been his preferred choice, as she would have been completely under his control (if she were manufactured how he wanted her to be).

I don't get how people stand by KH2's presentation of Roxas as the only version of Roxas available. The boy just had his memory wiped and was living in a fantasy world for 7 days. Everything he endured was artificial in KH2, so of course he would be angry and aggressive trying to escape it. Roxas was how he was in KH2 because of the situation he was in. That doesn't mean Roxas is always angry and aggressive. Which is why it was nice to see him in a less stressful situation and even normal moments in Days, where we could see him in other situations. His character didn't change much because when (in Days) he was thrown into a hostile situation, we saw the same angry boy we were familiar with in KH2 emerge.

Again, Roxas' actions in KH2 must be his own. At that point his memory was Xion was wiped twice - once when she died and once when DiZ dumped him in fake Twilight Town. There was nothing in him actively saying "you have to save Xion." Roxas was trying to escape the artificial hell that DiZ created for him. Roxas didn't have a "change of personality", we just saw him in different situations. As soon as he realized that the Organization was using him and his life was being manipulated, we see the angry boy from KH2. Which can be compared to how his "personality changes" from his time with Hayner/Pence/Olette to realizing that DiZ is using him.

Deliverance

Awards
It's alluded to in KH2 that Xemnas turned himself into a nobody. When Xemnas is talking to Ansem The Wise, he basically says that Ansem The Wise is the source of all heartless and that Xemnas took the research further than Ansem ever dared. But in KH2 it was a dumb plan because Sora had to either stop killing heartless (once aware of the plan) or just continue like normal - which was a huge issue for me with KH2. Because we see Sora only worried about that once, then never address it again. They don't even have Sora say "well I have to kill heartless even if it helps Xemnas". But back to Xemnas' plan, Days/KH2 had the plan be simply that Xemnas wanted to turn himself back whole after intentionally becoming a nobody - which is dumb, no way you look at it. Then 3D retcons it to being Xehanort's attempt to transfer himself into the Organization. For the purposes of Days/KH2, I think that Xemnas came off more competent in Days because he had a more tangible goal (get a keyblade wielder that he could fully control). He was working on Sora, Roxas, and Xion as the backup - which matches Xehanort's ultimate planner personality. Compared to vanilla KH2 where Xemnas just seemed like an idiot - "oops I turned myself into a nobody, please help me turn myself back... and instead of actually asking for help, I'm just going to try and kill you too, kthnx bai." There was no real drive behind KH2 Xemnas besides fulfilling the "villain" role.

Roxas followed orders from day 1, but Xemnas was probably wary of him potentially betraying him - just like the Castle Oblivion members. And unlike those members, Roxas had a keyblade so it would have been worse for Xemnas if that happened. Hence Xion would have been his preferred choice, as she would have been completely under his control (if she were manufactured how he wanted her to be).

I don't get how people stand by KH2's presentation of Roxas as the only version of Roxas available. The boy just had his memory wiped and was living in a fantasy world for 7 days. Everything he endured was artificial in KH2, so of course he would be angry and aggressive trying to escape it. Roxas was how he was in KH2 because of the situation he was in. That doesn't mean Roxas is always angry and aggressive. Which is why it was nice to see him in a less stressful situation and even normal moments in Days, where we could see him in other situations. His character didn't change much because when (in Days) he was thrown into a hostile situation, we saw the same angry boy we were familiar with in KH2 emerge.

Again, Roxas' actions in KH2 must be his own. At that point his memory was Xion was wiped twice - once when she died and once when DiZ dumped him in fake Twilight Town. There was nothing in him actively saying "you have to save Xion." Roxas was trying to escape the artificial hell that DiZ created for him. Roxas didn't have a "change of personality", we just saw him in different situations. As soon as he realized that the Organization was using him and his life was being manipulated, we see the angry boy from KH2. Which can be compared to how his "personality changes" from his time with Hayner/Pence/Olette to realizing that DiZ is using him.
Not sure how you got that impression from that scene. He was talking about the experiments he wrote about in the original Ansem reports. KH isn’t subtle. If he had turned intentionally, the game would’ve told you. And how does Sora’s reaction make Xemnas’ plan bad? That’s more a problem with characterization than anything else. The plan itself worked perfectly. It was a lose-lose situation that forced the heroes to make a difficult decision. That’s primo villain writing.

Hard to consider Days Xemnas a master planner when he goes so far out of his way to make his own plan fail but whatever.

Play KH2 again. He doesn’t find out his life is fake until the end, and it was the most mundane life he could’ve possibly had. We can make direct comparisons between the two versions in similar scenarios.

Someone he dislikes wants to start shit?
KH2: Throws down.
Days: Makes passive-aggressive comments in his head.

A problem needs fixing?
2: Takes charge.
D: Waits for others to tell him what to do.

His life is brought into question?
2: Goes and investigates.
D: Does nothing.

They’re not the same. The only exception is when Xion is involved. Which goes to show how much his life revolves around her exclusively.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Not sure how you got that impression from that scene. He was talking about the experiments he wrote about in the original Ansem reports. KH isn’t subtle. If he had turned intentionally, the game would’ve told you. And how does Sora’s reaction make Xemnas’ plan bad? That’s more a problem with characterization than anything else. The plan itself worked perfectly. It was a lose-lose situation that forced the heroes to make a difficult decision. That’s primo villain writing.

Hard to consider Days Xemnas a master planner when he goes so far out of his way to make his own plan fail but whatever.

Play KH2 again. He doesn’t find out his life is fake until the end, and it was the most mundane life he could’ve possibly had. We can make direct comparisons between the two versions in similar scenarios.

Someone he dislikes wants to start shit?
KH2: Throws down.
Days: Makes passive-aggressive comments in his head.

A problem needs fixing?
2: Takes charge.
D: Waits for others to tell him what to do.

His life is brought into question?
2: Goes and investigates.
D: Does nothing.

They’re not the same. The only exception is when Xion is involved. Which goes to show how much his life revolves around her exclusively.
What you're describing there is called character development. Whether it was his past with Xion (although I seriously doubt that as she was wiped clean from everyone), or simply his memories of the time in the Organization/his fight with Riku, there were lingering things that made Roxas who he was... which I believe were NOT his interactions with Xion since he REALLY didn't know those happened. Even if you take Xion out of the equation, you really think a newborn nobody thrown into an Organization of very imposing adults is going to confront them, make a scene and start a fight which would essentially be 12 on 1 compared to the equivalent of a schoolyard brawl with Roxas' gang and a rival gang with plastic batons. Yeah, I think it's pretty believable that Roxas would easily challenge Seifer and his gang to a fight than the entire Organization right off the bat.

The magnitude of the "problem that needs fixing" is different in Days and KH2. It's his life in days, while in KH2 it's getting money to go to the beach or finding lost photos. Again, it's understandable that Roxas would be hesitant on how to proceed in his situation in Days, versus his life in KH2.

I think his life being brought into question in Days and KH2 were different scenarios. I don't think he had as many memories of Sora and he definitely had no memories of his own (as he was making them), while in KH2 he had way more memories of Sora and his own life and had Kairi (and others) connecting to his heart. I think with that much impulse, I can understand him making a move in KH2 compared to Days. Especially because his life wasn't as fake as it was in KH2. In Days, Roxas just thought that life is supposed to be working for the Organization. In KH2, he had some understanding of friendship and had friends implanted into his memories, so when he finds out that's fake, of course he will investigate.

Regarding Xemnas' plan, I didn't say that the plan to force Sora to kill heartless to create Kingdom Hearts was dumb. I said that Xemnas' plan of "I'm turning myself into a nobody, oops I think I made a mistake now I want to become human again" was dumb. There was no logic to it, so even though it was cool seeing Sora forced to help the villain (even though it is only addressed for like 30 seconds, then promptly forgotten completely), Xemnas came across like an idiot. Even when I was a child playing KH2, I kept wondering "why did you turn yourself into a nobody, just to cry and beg to get turned back whole?" Granted, we know now that there was a bigger reason for it... but within the confines of KH2, Xemnas just seems stupid. Look at Ansem in KH1, even though there was the grander scheme (that we know of now) to gather the 7 lights, Ansem's plan still fits in KH1's story without knowing what happens in other games.

Deliverance

Awards
What you're describing there is called character development. Whether it was his past with Xion (although I seriously doubt that as she was wiped clean from everyone), or simply his memories of the time in the Organization/his fight with Riku, there were lingering things that made Roxas who he was... which I believe were NOT his interactions with Xion since he REALLY didn't know those happened. Even if you take Xion out of the equation, you really think a newborn nobody thrown into an Organization of very imposing adults is going to confront them, make a scene and start a fight which would essentially be 12 on 1 compared to the equivalent of a schoolyard brawl with Roxas' gang and a rival gang with plastic batons. Yeah, I think it's pretty believable that Roxas would easily challenge Seifer and his gang to a fight than the entire Organization right off the bat.

The magnitude of the "problem that needs fixing" is different in Days and KH2. It's his life in days, while in KH2 it's getting money to go to the beach or finding lost photos. Again, it's understandable that Roxas would be hesitant on how to proceed in his situation in Days, versus his life in KH2.

I think his life being brought into question in Days and KH2 were different scenarios. I don't think he had as many memories of Sora and he definitely had no memories of his own (as he was making them), while in KH2 he had way more memories of Sora and his own life and had Kairi (and others) connecting to his heart. I think with that much impulse, I can understand him making a move in KH2 compared to Days. Especially because his life wasn't as fake as it was in KH2. In Days, Roxas just thought that life is supposed to be working for the Organization. In KH2, he had some understanding of friendship and had friends implanted into his memories, so when he finds out that's fake, of course he will investigate.

Regarding Xemnas' plan, I didn't say that the plan to force Sora to kill heartless to create Kingdom Hearts was dumb. I said that Xemnas' plan of "I'm turning myself into a nobody, oops I think I made a mistake now I want to become human again" was dumb. There was no logic to it, so even though it was cool seeing Sora forced to help the villain (even though it is only addressed for like 30 seconds, then promptly forgotten completely), Xemnas came across like an idiot. Even when I was a child playing KH2, I kept wondering "why did you turn yourself into a nobody, just to cry and beg to get turned back whole?" Granted, we know now that there was a bigger reason for it... but within the confines of KH2, Xemnas just seems stupid. Look at Ansem in KH1, even though there was the grander scheme (that we know of now) to gather the 7 lights, Ansem's plan still fits in KH1's story without knowing what happens in other games.
Being passive for the whole game and doing a 180 right at the end isn’t character development. Questions like why he has the Keyblade, who his Somebody was, and why the Org is doing what they’re doing are presented at the very start of the story. But it’s not until the very last days that he becomes even remotely interested in any of it. It’s not until the Org literally try to KILL him that he considers leaving. Not leaves outright. CONSIDERS. Take away Xion without changing anything else and there is no point where Roxas acts like he did in 2. Do you want me to list off all his major actions in Days? Because I can. And they all involve Xion.

“You really think a newborn nobody thrown into an Organization of very imposing adults is going to confront them?”
Yes, I do. Because that’s what KH2 established. He’s aggressive and predatory. Many members clearly respected him. Nobody’s talking about him taking down the whole Org like Sora did. It’s a matter of not taking shit from anyone. Obviously he doesn’t have to start off that way but I fully expect someone who spends his life working for a literally heartless organization to be hostile and distrustful. He’s not a baby, he just has amnesia.

If Roxas’ lack of memories was the cause of his inaction then Days is already wrong. KH2 made it clear that those memories were the very reason he left. This is a case of the game transmogrifying Roxas original backstory to fit its own irrelevant story.

And again, KH2 never said Xemnas intentionally turned himself into a Nobody. Days did. Your mind is tricking you into seeing hints that weren’t there.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
But in KH2 it was a dumb plan because Sora had to either stop killing heartless (once aware of the plan) or just continue like normal - which was a huge issue for me with KH2. Because we see Sora only worried about that once, then never address it again. They don't even have Sora say "well I have to kill heartless even if it helps Xemnas".

Sora definitely comes to this conclusion during his first encounter with Xemnas in Radiant Garden when Maleficent saves him from Saix, and then grapples with it some more during the second visits to the Disney worlds where he has to decide between saving his friends from immediate danger from the Heartless or helping Xemnas collect hearts.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Sora definitely comes to this conclusion during his first encounter with Xemnas in Radiant Garden when Maleficent saves him from Saix, and then grapples with it some more during the second visits to the Disney worlds where he has to decide between saving his friends from immediate danger from the Heartless or helping Xemnas collect hearts.
The way you describe it is NOT how it happens. It's merely a few seconds where Sora ponders about it and then Goofy says you have to use the keyblade, then it's never addressed again. There isn't even a moment in one of the worlds where Sora feels bad that he's helping Xemnas create Kingdom Hearts. Unless I'm forgetting something, there is NEVER a moment in a Disney world where Sora even questions using the keyblade against the heartless or mentions that what he's doing will help Xemnas.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The way you describe it is NOT how it happens. It's merely a few seconds where Sora ponders about it and then Goofy says you have to use the keyblade, then it's never addressed again. There isn't even a moment in one of the worlds where Sora feels bad that he's helping Xemnas create Kingdom Hearts. Unless I'm forgetting something, there is NEVER a moment in a Disney world where Sora even questions using the keyblade against the heartless or mentions that what he's doing will help Xemnas.

The last act of that Radiant Garden visit is about how the Organization has been using Sora. Sora talks to Xemnas, Axel, Saix, Donald, Goofy, and Maleficent about it.

Sora might not mention it again explicitly in the Disney worlds, and I could be projecting better writing onto the game than it has, but it always felt like an implicit tension to me during the second visits.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The last act of that Radiant Garden visit is about how the Organization has been using Sora. Sora talks to Xemnas, Axel, Saix, Donald, Goofy, and Maleficent about it.

Sora might not mention it again explicitly in the Disney worlds, and I could be projecting better writing onto the game than it has, but it always felt like an implicit tension to me during the second visits.
Yes, he talks to them all... and the conversation about the story changing revelation is over in about 5 minutes and never addressed again after Goofy says on the Gummiship that Sora has to use the keyblade.

I never got the implicit tension you had when Sora was in the Disney worlds on the second visit. It would have been much better for the Land of Dragons and Beast's Castle visits to mention it, since those worlds had Riku/Xaldin/Xigbar. That way they could have Sora be unsure of himself in those worlds, but then eventually get over it - maybe Riku tells the Emperor to tell Sora to keep fighting heartless even if it helps the enemy and Xaldin uses the information to stop Sora from helping The Beast and Belle. Mulan and Beast could have also been helpful in Sora's struggle using the keyblade - Mulan could encourage him that Xemnas may be winning the battle by using him, but Sora will win the war when they ultimately face off; The Beast can remind Sora that he shouldn't change who he is (helpful/caring) because he is being manipulated.

But none of that happened. It was just back to the regularly scheduled program with no acknowledgement of anything.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
What would have been the alternative though? The Keyblade is the only weapon which can defeat the Heartless permanently so it was a do it or be damned situation either way.

To stop using the Keyblade and let numerous worlds and the people in it exposed to the danger was never a viable option which is exactly what Goofy pointed out after the Radiant Garden-midpoint while they were in the Gummi ship and Sora understood the logic quite fast so I don't really get why some of you expected Sora to whine and mope about the issue at every second corner?

If that had been the case you'd have endless fan discourse about Sora constantly angsting and "being annoying" instead of being a protagonist taking charge and working towards stopping the enemy getting further use out of it.

Sora furthermore always wants to help people so him resolving to continue using the Keyblade to protect others even when knowing an opponent also gains a use out of it is in character for him.
The decision to deny an enemy an advantage if the price is letting innocent third party people be harmed is not going to be a big hung-up for a character like Sora.

Besides, this whole issue gets blown out of proportion and treated as a bigger issue than it actually is in the end because the overarching end goal was to destroy the Organisation and specifically Xemnas anyways, that's also why in the last third of II it became so urgent to find the Organisation's base of operations.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
OP coming back to this thread like

CavernousHappyApe-small.gif

disney233

Awards
What would have been the alternative though? The Keyblade is the only weapon which can defeat the Heartless permanently so it was a do it or be damned situation either way.

To stop using the Keyblade and let numerous worlds and the people in it exposed to the danger was never a viable option which is exactly what Goofy pointed out after the Radiant Garden-midpoint while they were in the Gummi ship and Sora understood the logic quite fast so I don't really get why some of you expected Sora to whine and mope about the issue at every second corner?

If that had been the case you'd have endless fan discourse about Sora constantly angsting and "being annoying" instead of being a protagonist taking charge and working towards stopping the enemy getting further use out of it.

Sora furthermore always wants to help people so him resolving to continue using the Keyblade to protect others even when knowing an opponent also gains a use out of it is in character for him.
The decision to deny an enemy an advantage if the price is letting innocent third party people be harmed is not going to be a big hung-up for a character like Sora.

Besides, this whole issue gets blown out of proportion and treated as a bigger issue than it actually is in the end because the overarching end goal was to destroy the Organisation and specifically Xemnas anyways, that's also why in the last third of II it became so urgent to find the Organisation's base of operations.
I personally feel the KH2 worlds should've been longer. Merge both visits, really since the second ones seem to have more relevance than the first. Also like in the manga it would've been interesting to see Shan Yu cooperate with Xigbar. Maybe add in a few more worlds, too. All of this so the 1000 Heartless War could lead to the endgame in Twilight Town instead of moping around and...LITERALLY do exactly what the Nobodies want DESPITE KNOWING IT, basically wasting time. Conveying the Disney worlds in first and second visits just....stupid tbh. And I'm honestly glad it hasn't shown up since then.

Back