• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion's Significance

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well, a lot of people don't hold it against Kairi never thinking properly about Riku when he was gone :p but that's just me being petty.

As it stands, seeing how we don't know how Xion goes missing right now (if she even goes missing, iono, if she's back to her Somebody or what not they wouldn't really have to think about her that much since she's as peachy as it gets) I don't think it's such a bad thing to not have her mentioned.

Also, about the novels, it's not like Nomura himself wrote them. He explained what he had to explain and had other people write it. As canon as it is, I really fail to see why he'd have put her into the novels if he didn't absolutely have to, which he didn't seem like he had to, hence - no Xion in the novels.
Plus, it's not the novels tell us what happened for every single waking moment for the characters, so we can't really say they didn't think of her ever if they remembered her.
And based on what type of being she is, everyone forgetting about her might end up being an inevitability instead of just poor retconning to fit KH2. If a Memory fades, why should anyone remember it? Just an example.

As for her importance, she seems to be the main true plot in Days, or at least a great big part of it. As for her appearing in KH3 or at the very least being mentioned, I find that inevitable, especially if she just took off or something, and didn't rightfully disappear (and then she might yet return as another being, like many hope the Org will return as their Somebodies).

tl;dr she's important, none of us just have the slightest idea of how, and that's just fine and just peachy.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Also, about the novels, it's not like Nomura himself wrote them. He explained what he had to explain and had other people write it. As canon as it is, I really fail to see why he'd have put her into the novels if he didn't absolutely have to, which he didn't seem like he had to, hence - no Xion in the novels.
Plus, it's not the novels tell us what happened for every single waking moment for the characters, so we can't really say they didn't think of her ever if they remembered her.

Nomura himself watched over the Novels. You can't exactly depend on one person that writes a book at what was suppose to be in the canon game do something that you wouldn't agree with, even if you laid out some things to them. There's a lot going on there, in thoughts, the characters' feelings, situations. So Nomura definitely overlooked it. Read it before printing. Whatever the case was. The fact that she's not mentioned at all when Naminé it's one of the roots, and she mentions everything else that she experienced, and Riku doesn't bother to relate to her when she sees Kairi as he does Naminé, and that Axel feels lonely and is having friendship flashbacks, with no sign of Xion there, and many, many other things, well, it speaks for itself. Not even Roxas mentioned Xion as his reason for leaving in both Novel and game cases. On top of that, she never appeared in the ending where Roxas and Naminé saw through Sora and Kairi as respective Nobodies who's inside who. And when they returned to them, no other presence was to be talked about, or at least mentioned.

You have all this important events that will have to do with Xion, and yet, nothing.

And based on what type of being she is, everyone forgetting about her might end up being an inevitability instead of just poor retconning to fit KH2. If a Memory fades, why should anyone remember it? Just an example.

Memory fades, it's just the easy way to a situation you are aware would NOT make sense, and have everyone forget her, simply because, you have no other choice to explain the absurdity of something never spoken about in the following sequel. Or anywhere else for that matter. The Organization never mentions her. It's not inevitability. It's a needed decision. That action would just make it seem more forced than it already is, and they basically admit that they added her in randomly. And I don't know how true that is since Roxas and everyone else seemed to remember [at least in Days >.>] her after her disappearance.

It doesn't stop it from being a poor insertion, and a contrived one at that, for the sake of having some type of mystery in Days which I don't care about, personally.

As for her importance, she seems to be the main true plot in Days, or at least a great big part of it. As for her appearing in KH3 or at the very least being mentioned, I find that inevitable, especially if she just took off or something, and didn't rightfully disappear (and then she might yet return as another being, like many hope the Org will return as their Somebodies).

tl;dr she's important, none of us just have the slightest idea of how, and that's just fine and just peachy.

Meh.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
You have all this important events that will have to do with Xion, and yet, nothing.

Meh *shrugs* won't know until we get there.

It doesn't stop it from being a poor insertion, and a contrived one at that, for the sake of having some type of mystery in Days which I don't care about, personally.

Well, they did make an effort to keep it from being a purely fanservice game. I respect them for trying.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
i just wish that Xion wont be as annoying as kairi.

well, maybe she is VERY important. especially in the storyline..

and what's a plot device again.??

keybladelegacy

~*Youll be my Living Legacy~*KBL
Website
www.landofdeparture.webs.com
She should be different.
well, maybe she is VERY important. especially in the storyline..
Not enough not to be mention in KH 2.
and what's a plot device again.??
A plot device is an element introduced into a story solely to advance or resolve the plot of the story.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I think Days would've been fine without her. And I still think that.
But, now that she's been created, she's been created. It's done. Now that she is here, she's undoubtedly important. I would have rather had it not that way, and just used the Organization members that we had already and flesh them out more, but meh. What's done is done. Xion is here and she's going to stay.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
She can fight and not rely on other people to save her butt. Even though I'm not fond of Xion, she's already better than Kairi.

I do feel Xion is kinda...random. If she was important, then she would be hinted throughout KH2. But seeing as she's here now she's important. I hope that she doesn't take the limelight away from the other members who need development.

And who knows? Mabye she might not be dead and be somewhere in hiding instead. If there's a KH3, we'll probably see her.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
In defense of the whole "not mentioned in KHII" thing, she very well could have been. We didn't get to see what the Organization was planning after we beat every world, like KHI where we saw what Maleficent was planning with the villains. We hardly saw the Organization members at all. There was no opportunity to hear about her.

Pheonex

I'll scorch your muffin.
In defense of the whole "not mentioned in KHII" thing, she very well could have been. We didn't get to see what the Organization was planning after we beat every world, like KHI where we saw what Maleficent was planning with the villains. We hardly saw the Organization members at all. There was no opportunity to hear about her.
Good point. but I think that Namine did something to make everybody forget about Xion.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Good point. but I think that Namine did something to make everybody forget about Xion.
That would explain why no one mentioned her in a most probable way. Considering her possible connections to Sora and Kairi. The only remaining question would be why?

Zeagal

Lick It Good
I think that if Xion ties in with Sora's memories than she would have to be erased, and Namine would have to be the one to do it.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
I agree with ZeagaLindsay,she is obviously of high importance purely for existing in a place where she isnt needed to exist. Xion also has alot to do with the story and has her own little side story too (her birth and that talk with Riku and things yet to be seen). She is a main character in this game and is of high importance to what the game was trying to achieve storywise

keybladelegacy

~*Youll be my Living Legacy~*KBL
Website
www.landofdeparture.webs.com
I agree with ZeagaLindsay,she is obviously of high importance purely for existing in a place where she isnt needed to exist. Xion also has alot to do with the story and has her own little side story too (her birth and that talk with Riku and things yet to be seen). She is a main character in this game and is of high importance to what the game was trying to achieve storywise
Of great importance most likely she involves soras memories which wouldnt be necessarily important. But i still see no way to make her actually important to the story but what do i know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back