• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion's Significance

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey

Ok, so I've seen around a bit of talk about how important people think Xion will truly be. I figured we might as well have a topic for it (sorry if it's already been made!).

So, how significant do you think Xion will be? Will she be extremely significant? Will she be more of an influential sidelines type of character? Is she in Days as a plot device, to further Roxas' story?

Grey

My personal opinion is that she will have a lot of significance in Days and beyond. Like Raz said, it would be poor writing to create a character just for one game so that the plot can be furthered. Characters like that usually end up really flat and undeveloped, since the writers know the character won't be used beyond that title.
I find it hard to believe that Nomura would allow any of his characters to be simply a plot device, and nothing more.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
My personal opinion is that she will have a lot of significance in Days and beyond. Like Raz said, it would be poor writing to create a character just for one game so that the plot can be furthered. Characters like that usually end up really flat and undeveloped, since the writers know the character won't be used beyond that title.
I find it hard to believe that Nomura would allow any of his characters to be simply a plot device, and nothing more.

Look what Nomura did to Kairi...though I think she does have significance and even if she disappears her existance will still have relevance to the future game otherwise she wouldn't need to be included at all.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Im sure Xion wont appear again not to mention she is not mention in KH 2. So my votes on plot device.
She may not appear in a physical form again, but she still could serve more of a purpose in future games simply do to the fact that she was. If she wasn't mentioned in KH2, I'm betting there was a reason that will be explained in the game. Also what kind of plot could KH developers be making up that they would need a whole new character for, one that they wouldn't even use other than as a device for the plot?

keybladelegacy

~*Youll be my Living Legacy~*KBL
Website
www.landofdeparture.webs.com
She may not appear in a physical form again, but she still could serve more of a purpose in future games simply do to the fact that she was. If she wasn't mentioned in KH2, I'm betting there was a reason that will be explained in the game.
Nothing that nomura cant make up.

Also what kind of plot could KH developers be making up that they would need a whole new character for, one that they wouldn't even use other than as a device for the plot?
Days could have went on without xion. She wasnt even mention in KH 2. They are going to try to make her important but in reality she was just put in to spice things up. Her existence is just going to break all the rules that we know of.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Days could have went on without xion. She wasnt even mention in KH 2. They are going to try to make her important but in reality she was just put in to spice things up. Her existence is just going to break all the rules that we know of.
That's why I'm saying she's significant because they could have made a perfectly decent game without her. The fact that she's there at all means something, and the fact that she wasn't mentioned means something more, and so what if she breaks the rules, technically there are no set rules in the KH world, and if she does happen to break some rules, that's what she's supposed to do.

keybladelegacy

~*Youll be my Living Legacy~*KBL
Website
www.landofdeparture.webs.com
That's why I'm saying she's significant because they could have made a perfectly decent game without her. The fact that she's there at all means something, and the fact that she wasn't mentioned means something more, and so what if she breaks the rules, technically there are no set rules in the KH world, and if she does happen to break some rules, that's what she's supposed to do.
Lost me at a the bold dont want to go into this though. If shes suppose to break rules what is she a plot device. Also her having a huge importance i doubt it. Days is about Roxas story and the daily lives of the organization. So unless Xion has something to do with the RoA or RoS I see her not having any importance.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
From my perspective, it seems as though that over the period of the game's development, Xion's character has evolved from being a minor plot device, little more than fan-service, to, arguably, the main, if not, then the next main, aspect of the entire game. Take a look at the recent trailers; almost all of the scenes pertaining to the main plot have to do with Xion.

Whether this metamorphosis is a good thing or not is yet to be seen...

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Lost me at a the bold dont want to go into this though. If shes suppose to break rules what is she a plot device. Also her having a huge importance i doubt it. Days is about Roxas story and the daily lives of the organization. So unless Xion has something to do with the RoA or RoS I see her not having any importance.
Her breaking the rules, or anyone breaking the KH rules signifies importance in the story for the simple fact that they are not normal. If they were normal or unimportant they wouldn't really need to be there, and yet they are.

Can someone please direct me to a place where I can read more about the RoA and RoS because I really don't know much about them, nor do I at this point think they are important. So if I can become educated, my opinion may change and we can discuss this further.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Plot Device.

From my perspective, it seems as though that over the period of the game's development, Xion's character has evolved from being a minor plot device, little more than fan-service, to, arguably, the main, if not, then the next main, aspect of the entire game. Take a look at the recent trailers; almost all of the scenes pertaining to the main plot have to do with Xion.

Unfortunately.

Nomura said Xion will not be the focus. Then again, it's Nomura.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Again for the very reason you think she is a plot device, is the reason I think she is more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back