• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yeah, I'm not seeing the difference

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KHRULER

Awards
Is it just me or can anyone else not see the graphic change?Or any other changes for that matter.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
You've been swapping out your copies of KH and KH 1.5 copies and can see no difference? It's definitely there.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
That video's been posted multiple times. Yes, bullshots are annoying, but the game has been re-tailored to be HD. Personally, for me - it's something I had to see for myself on my tv (not on a youtube video) to really appreciate. I guarantee if you put your PS2 version in and then your HD version in, there will be considerable change in clarity. You can determine if it is worth it on your own, however.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I am appreciative of the video poster's efforts of comparing between the PS2 and 1.5 versions. It sure as heck took a whole chunk of his / her time, what with that redubbing of the cutscenes (unnecessary, but it was a nice touch).

Ultimately though, it all boils down to personal preference. There might have been people whose flame had been snuffed out after seeing that the end product isn't really as great as the hype-loaded advertisement, but there are those who don't really care about it and play the game as their entry point to the KHverse or a trip down Memory Drive. And it's not like there's absolutely no change in graphics at all... at least there's this: the aspect ratio has been resized (to, I believe, 16:9), allowing you to see more of your surroundings on the screen.

And I agree with Rydgea in that it's something that I had to see with my own eyes. While I was slightly disappointed that there still indeed are blurry and not-as-crisp scenes, I was thankful that we all have been given to legitimately experience KHFM in English, and our European friends, KHFM and Re:CoM.

I personally believe that for what we've get in the game, it's more than just good enough. For me, the value of this game and degree of enjoyment that I got out of it are definitely high. What about you?

KHRULER

Awards
I guess I have to see it on my tv with my own eyes when I get the game then.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I share this mindset with almost every HD Collection, and I think it's mostly because an HD collection is upscaled, rather than made brand-new. It's not really a PS3 game in this regard; just a PS2 game fitted to PS3's hardware.

The easiest difference to see is between the Sora and Ansem models, since they're newer models this time. And, like every HD rerelease, the text always looks much crisper (the Command Menu and other HUD aspects as well, though this isn't something you'll find universal in HD rereleases).

But with everything else, it's just an upscaled version of its former self in widescreen. I can understand playing HD 1.5 and not going "whoaaaaaaaaaa" but when you put it to the original game in a screenshot comparison, or even on a pair of TVs, the difference is immediately obvious.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I can't really give my opinion on how the game looks yet, but I can say this: older games can look odd, all digitized-like, on those fancy new flat plasma screen type televisions, and HD collections are basically so it looks good on them or somethin'. So if you have an older television it'll probably look the same. I started playing FF12 on a kinda old boxy TV and when I had to switch to a fancy TV it was kinda jarring at first.
But anyway the KH games hold up pretty well thanks to it's simple style, so that's probably why you don't notice any deference.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
You're only really going to notice the difference if you watch it on a screen/monitor with resolutions over, say, 480p or so. If you're watching comparison videos below that threshold, except for the size of text and aspect ratio, of course texture fidelity is going to look about the same. You're not going to have the team re-doing all textures. They might touch up the main characters and weapons, but aside from that it's just a matter of putting the textures on the disc in a less compressed state, and having it outputted at a higher resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back