• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yeah, localisation was a little buggy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Reports of use of the old localisation for items and descriptions that have been changed.

Also, why change "Is this the world of death?" to "Is this the Afterworld?" They seriously can't be hung up on death-in a way-existing in KH. The same scene also uses the term "Door of Darkness" instead of "Door to Darkness"
"buggy" may not be the right word though

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
It's during an unvoiced FM-exclusive cutscene that you get to see moments after fighting Rikunort at the Grand Hall.

Yeah, why change it to "afterlife"? I know for a fact that at least "death" is mentioned once in Re:CoM, that scene being the defeat of Repliku at the hands of Riku. He said, "Death doesn't frighten me." In the same scene, he also asked, "What happens when a fake dies?" I wonder why they didn't edit it out as well. And in KHFM, even in plain vanilla PS2 KH, Hades clearly said that he wanted Cloud to kill Hercules!

Light

faster than
Awards
Maybe with the recent developments on those in torment/how a being can be revived, they wanted to change a few things? I don't know. Awfully weird that they would change that exact line however.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
"World of Death" sounds incredibly awkward in my opinion, so I'm glad they changed it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I agree with Sign on the statement that "world of Death" sounds funny.
However, I would have prefered "Is this the Afterlife?".

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Afterlife and World of Death aside, I'm quite distracted by the fact that the name of the new materials didn't really match those others in their respective lines. Like "blaze" and "blazing", "thunder" and "lightning", "shiny" and "dazzling" (I love the name Dazzling Stone, though), and "power" and "energy".

The last one is the most distracting for me since these two materials are classified under the same line in the Japanese version, that is the みなぐる (minagiru) line. And in KHII, this line is the Energy line. They translated みなぎるしずく (minagiru shizuku) as Energy Stone although perhaps that's because Power Stone had been used, so why they didn't rename Power Crystal to Energy Crystal, no idea.

But eh, that's just me being nitpicky.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Maybe with the recent developments on those in torment/how a being can be revived, they wanted to change a few things? I don't know. Awfully weird that they would change that exact line however.
I doubt that. Between the Riku/Zexion scene in COM/Days, the questions at the end of DDD(which are supposedly meant to be like the ones at the beginning of KH1), and the fact that this very same scene coins the phrase "Door OF Darkness", I don't think the localisation team is really paying that much attention to the series as a whole enough to effectively make such connections.

I agree with Sign on the statement that "world of Death" sounds funny.
However, I would have prefered "Is this the Afterlife?".
I somewhat disagree about the awkwardness, but "Afterlife" still would've been better than "Afterworld", as it's more easily associated with death.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
IN 358/2 Days, on Day 24, Xigbar calls Xion "poppet". Is that correct or did he mean "puppet"?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Either is possible, maybe the similarity between the words was even intentional.Xigbar probably knew of Xion's true nature to some degree, plus poppet is a sort of infantilising term of endearment.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
IN 358/2 Days, on Day 24, Xigbar calls Xion "poppet". Is that correct or did he mean "puppet"?

That's correct. Poppet is a pet name used by Xigbar for Xion, just like Tiger for Roxas and, at one time, Flamesilocks for Axel.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
"Poppet"is correct.

One good thing is that in this version, Leon's voice after killing the Behemoth is slightly muffled. Dont know about the japanese version

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
It's correct. Also poppet means puppet.

EDIT: I forgot to say that apparently it also means girl and is a cute way to address them. Can't remember if that's true or not.
Also... Afterworld... AfterWORLD!? That's just as bad as jackamules! Speaking of jackamules, if it's okay to say jackass during Disney Junior(I've never seen the movies censored for that timeslot) why did it get changed?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back