• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Yen Press to publish KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Manga Vol. 1 this fall

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yen Press is set to release the first volume of Shiro Amano's KINGDOM HEARTS 3 manga in English on November 17, 2020. Yen Press has been releasing the manga digitally since it first began publication in April last year. The first print volume of KINGDOM HEARTS 3 just released in Japan this past April.

KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Volume 1 will be 144 pages long and cost $13 USD. Fans can pre-order copies from AAA AnimeAmazonBarnes & NobleBooks-A-MillionIndigoIndiebound, and RightStuf.

Original Japanese Cover

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, the rumored Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus series, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory and all things Kingdom Hearts!

SweetYetSalty

Awards
This makes me very happy! Time to clear up some space on my manga shelves. Between the novels and manga, KH is invading.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I hope that when they release them in English, that they do that whole 3-in-1 deal that had going on before (I know they probably won't though)

Not even probably; they're just not going to do that. Amano currently doesn't have many more chapters done beyond what will be included in this first volume.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I hope that when they release them in English, that they do that whole 3-in-1 deal that had going on before (I know they probably won't though)

Like Sign said, Amano hasn’t finished much else beyond what we are getting in this first volume. He’s currently running through 0.2...slowly...it’s turning out great but it’s very slow moving.

But also, I do have the page count right there in the OP, which is the standard length of a single volume.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
You know what would be funny? When Young Xehanort appears before Sora, he doesn't recognize him. In the games Sora does and Young Xehanort was 'honored' that he remembered him. But since they haven't met in the manga it should be the opposite, similar to how they handled Mushu, that would be funny.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You know what would be funny? When Young Xehanort appears before Sora, he doesn't recognize him. In the games Sora does and Young Xehanort was 'honored' that he remembered him. But since they haven't met in the manga it should be the opposite, similar to how they handled Mushu, that would be funny.

Oh my god Amano is about to have a mini and highly comical recap of DDD in this manga, isn't he?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Since we never got a BBS manga I can't WAIT to see Sora's reaction to Ventus and Vanitas..

hahaha although you know what, he will probably be the same as he was in KH3 since he never actually met them physically until that game.

Amano has actually been handling BBS/0.2 content in the manga rather maturely so I wouldn’t be surprised if when all of the Ven/Vanitas stuff starts happening, he’ll treat it more as a serious mystery.

KH3D stuff, though? He’s gonna rip on it so hard because it’s just so ludicrous.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I wonder if they'll skip Pirates? I don't think I've ever seen Amano do any drawings for POTC in any illustration. Which means Luxord might be out a world...again. I also wonder if there is licensing issues with Pirates or they just don't wanna draw it.

Swing

Awards
I hope they draw the characters with big feet again.

ddbbprp-1f3e18e4-e50b-4b78-b86d-82b8ca225d56.jpg

Swing

Awards
Yeah, just like in the games. I think they made them normal-sized when Days came around.

Swing

Awards
You're sure about this? Look at the size of them! Even Sideshow Bob would be shocked by how big their feet were in the first two games.

tumblr_inline_pci2s0XSQc1qcxmej_500.png

Back