• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yen Sid is takeing over as the main leader of the series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdgjordan

If you look at were we are right now in the series everything is being done by Yen Sid's orders. Go here, wear this, train there so you can get this power do this thing. Its been all Yen Sid's doing. Leading are heroes to there next goal. Sure he is not doing the grunt work but thats the fine line between a main lead and main protagonist hes the one who is figuring out how to win not Sora. I feel at some point Yen Sid's role needs to be taken away some how to be able to push Sora and the others to be more proactive with there roles instead of just reacting to what Yen Sid wants otherwise this storys about Yen Sid vs Xehanort and Sora just the pawn. What do the rest of you think do you think Yen Sid is take over the plot to much or is it just fine how it is now?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm not to bothered about it. It's actually nice that Sora has someone to guide him into a clear objective so he doesn't do anything too reckless. Besides I'm certain Xehanort or Maleficent will disrupt Yen Sid's plans therefore forcing Sora to be more proactive as you mentioned.

What I want from Yen Sid is to get out of his chair and actually be the badass keyblade master people claim he is.

mytomxxx

haha it would be really weird to see him fighting with his dress.

The master thing is something that happens alot with the hero, the structure of the hero's journey even includes a master/mentor. I don't see that Yen Sid is taking the highlight spot, I see him more like the wise in the team.

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Yen Sid is just a mentor. In KH3, I think it would be really cool to see a flash back of Yen Sid and Xehanort clash.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Ok, I confess I'm confused.
Until yesterday Yen Sid was Mister "won't move from his chair" who alongside Mickey witheld crucial information from the main cast, now he's the leader and the guys who have been battling hordes of demons and godly unknown powers, mostly without proper background, since they were 14 need to be more proactive.
By all means, if this is how you saw him... I'm just impressed at the sheer 180.

I think the only time the group stopped thinking and did what Yen Sid said was in DDD, and it was understandable that only he would know about the Dream Realm.
Pretty much everything in KH1 happens without him even appearing, in KH II he's just there to tell Sora what's happening (Sora would've eventually embarked on the journey regardless of what Yen Sid said as soon as he'd heard about Riku and the worlds still in danger) and BbS is quite possibly the most egregious case of Yen Sid doing the bare minimum or not even that, he basically stood there and watched the Order go out in flames while hoping really hard people would come to him for guidance. 0.2 was mostly Mickey narrating and Yen just stated Aqua needed to be saved (no shit Sherlock) and chose the ones best suited for it. Again, it's not like Riku and Mickey wouldn't have gone rescuing her without him saying so.

So no, I don't think there's any real danger of Yen Sid taking over.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Yeah the end of re: coded made it clear that Yen Sid has become the main leader of the heroes. He’s not on the field, but he’s coordinating their efforts, making preparations like getting new Keyblade Masters, getting Lea a Keyblade, etc etc.

And I’d definitely love to see him actually fight Master Xehanort. Right now they’re fighting on the mental battlefield (no pun intended since we have done that before literally in this series). I’d love to see them go at it on the physical battlefield. Could be something akin to Dumbledore vs Voldemort (admittedly a generous comparison).

Megavoltage

Awards
Yen Sid scenes suck. Nobody wants to hear the mysterious tower music anymore.
Lol. I like DDD and just finished replaying it but this was a big problem with the game. He was even talking to himself after the others left to rescue Minnie, so boring to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back