• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yen Sid Keywords:

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

zEndless

According to Apaulliao who did the livestream, Yen Sid mentions Key Words during the game.

One of them was that there were 7 Princesses of Light, and 13 Princesses of Darkness.

I don't believe he is lying, but this is really confusing to me o_o

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Are you sure this isn't a mistranslation?
It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the overaching plot at all.

The 7 princesses of light are already a no-brainer, and we know there are seven keyholes of sleep as well as seven suffering people who called out to Sora in Blank Points (1. Naminé, 2. Xion, 3. Roxas, 4. Terra, 5. Ventus, 6. Ansem the Wise, 7. Aqua).

But 13 "princesses" (or maybe princes?) of darkness? What could that have to do with anything?
Already a subtle foreshadow for the next saga?

Zul

Awards
If there were multiple hearts of pure darkness out there, I'd imagine Xehanort would mention them in his reports in BBS, he spoke of Vanitas like he was the only heart of pure darkness.

We're likely mis-hearing something.

zEndless

I don't know for sure if it is a correct translation ofc, it just seemed interesting to me

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
If there were multiple hearts of pure darkness out there, I'd imagine Xehanort would mention them in his reports in BBS, he spoke of Vanitas like he was the only heart of pure darkness.

We're likely mis-hearing something.

You got a point there. In BBS it sounded almost as if a heart of pure darkness cannot occur naturally, so it has either to be created by force (like Xehanort did in the end) or a heart that has both light and darkness has to be immersed so much in darkness that it counts as "pure" (Aqua's heart did count as "pure" due to her being considered a substitute for the light part).

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
You got a point there. In BBS it sounded almost as if a heart of pure darkness cannot occur naturally, so it has either to be created by force (like Xehanort did in the end) or a heart that has both light and darkness has to be immersed so much in darkness that it counts as "pure" (Aqua's heart did count as "pure" due to her being considered a substitute for the light part).

Since the Keyblade of Peoples' Heart came into existence after the Keyblade War, it's possible that there wasn't always hearts of pure light. Or, that they only existed as a result of the Keyblade War. Perhaps something can bring into existence hearts of pure darkness?

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
O.O Can anyone say "Next Saga's Main Villains"? To be honest i'm not suprised. I wasn't expecting this to come up in KH3D but I was expecting one day we would learn there were princesses or princes of pure darkness.

leonidus

I don't think it's princesses either, but it could refer to all of the people we've seen in the Organization seats (all Xehanorts plus those weird things).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Since the Keyblade of Peoples' Heart came into existence after the Keyblade War, it's possible that there wasn't always hearts of pure light. Or, that they only existed as a result of the Keyblade War. Perhaps something can bring into existence hearts of pure darkness?

I won't rule that out, as Nomura already hinted at the possibility of hearts being created by other means than just born from Kingdom Hearts, like with the possibility of the Data-Existences in Coded somehow gaining hearts.

It's true that the third "type" of keyblade (those forged from hearts) are new and only exist since the keyblade war, but I won't go as far as to say that hearts of pure light weren't always there. The legends say that before the keyblade war ravaged the whole universe and the original KH fell into the Realm of Darkness, all people had only light in their hearts.
They were practically all little Kairi's and Ven's, lol.
The legends say further that darkness was "born" in people's hearts when they ceased to peacefully share the light of KH with each other and became greedy and selfish.

Nonetheless, on this note, I also remembered something from the Ansem Reports way back in KH 1:
Ansem Report 8 said:
There is no doubt that the Heartless are deeply connected to the people's hearts. Further study may unravel both their motivations and the mysteries shrouding the heart. As a start, I have built a device that artificially creates Heartless. By recreating the conditions that spawn the Heartless naturally, I should be able to produce them artificially. This device is the culmination of all my research thus far. The machine's test run successfully created a Heartless. This may be a step toward creating a heart from nothing.

Create a heart from "nothing"? Or perhaps from darkness?

Nayru's Love

Awards
It's true that the third "type" of keyblade (those forged from hearts) are new and only exist since the keyblade war, but I won't go as far as to say that hearts of pure light weren't always there. The legends say that before the keyblade war ravaged the whole universe and the original KH fell into the Realm of Darkness, all people had only light in their hearts.
They were practically all little Kairi's and Ven's, lol.
The legends say further that darkness was "born" in people's hearts when they ceased to peacefully share the light of KH with each other and became greedy and selfish.

I'd go so far as to say that the seven HoPL are different from the previous ones, though, since they share a specific connection with the Keyblade of Peoples' Heart. Any other HoPL wouldn't be able to form that keyblade since the keyblade only came into existence afterwards.

Create a heart from "nothing"? Or perhaps from darkness?
I can't help but feel there's a distinct difference between real and artificial hearts. Also, if Xehanort made hearts from darkness.. wouldn't that make artificial Heartless darkness within darkness? o_O

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'd go so far as to say that the seven HoPL are different from the previous ones, though, since they share a specific connection with the Keyblade of Peoples' Heart. Any other HoPL wouldn't be able to form that keyblade since the keyblade only came into existence afterwards.
I would agree on the seven "current" Princesses of Heart, as the main reason why most hearts in the "current" universe even have darkness is because the true KH, which is all light, resides now in the Realm of Darkness. When a new heart is born from KH, it has to travel the RoD in order to reach the RoL and be "born" completely in its designated body. During these travels the newborn heart in question is "tainted" by their exposure to the RoD. I would assume that the longer the journey for the newborn heart to its body is, the more darkness it initially has due to longer exposure.
This would mean that i.e. Sora's and Ventus' hearts traveled rather fast while Maleficent's or Pete's hearts traveled slower.
Going by this the current princesses are actually a paradox, lol. It's strange that these can retain their absolute pureness without the faintest glimmer of darkness.
Except Ventus, who's pure heart is created artifically we also don't know about any other HoPL out there.

I would probably even go so far to say that the "seven princesses" didn't even exist before the keyblade war as then everyone had a HoPL, it wasn't something special then.

I can't help but feel there's a distinct difference between real and artificial hearts. Also, if Xehanort made hearts from darkness.. wouldn't that make artificial Heartless darkness within darkness? o_O

And what would that difference be if the "artificial" (who decides what is an artificial heart anyways?) functions exactly the same as a supposed "real one"?

He only noted it may have been a step in that direction, we don't know if he actually managed to create a brand new heart from "nothing".

Nayru's Love

Awards
I would agree on the seven "current" Princesses of Heart, as the main reason why most hearts in the "current" universe even have darkness is because the true KH, which is all light, resides now in the Realm of Darkness. When a new heart is born from KH, it has to travel the RoD in order to reach the RoL and be "born" completely in its designated body. During these travels the newborn heart in question is "tainted" by their exposure to the RoD. I would assume that the longer the journey for the newborn heart to its body is, the more darkness it initially has due to longer exposure.
This would mean that i.e. Sora's and Ventus' hearts traveled rather fast while Maleficent's or Pete's hearts traveled slower.
Going by this the current princesses are actually a paradox, lol. It's strange that these can retain their absolute pureness without the faintest glimmer of darkness.
Except Ventus, who's pure heart is created artifically we also don't know about any other HoPL out there.

I would probably even go so far to say that the "seven princesses" didn't even exist before the keyblade war as then everyone had a HoPL, it wasn't something special then.

In theory,anyways.

And what would that difference be if the "artificial" (who decides what is an artificial heart anyways?) functions exactly the same as a supposed "real one"?

Heartless made from artificial hearts steal hearts, whereas Heartless made from real hearts don't.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Heartless made from artificial hearts steal hearts, whereas Heartless made from real hearts don't.

That does however only say things about the heartless-forms of those hearts. We don't know how an artificial heart would function differently (if at all) from a "real one" when in normal circumstances, as a container for a sense of self for a being and a source of emotion.

Nayru's Love

Awards
That does however only say things about the heartless-forms of those hearts. We don't know how an artificial heart would function differently (if at all) from a "real one" when in normal circumstances, as a container for a sense of self for a being and a source of emotion.

I'm looking more towards the abstract nature of artificial hearts, if you know what I mean. I'm willing to bet that the difference/s between artificial and pureblood Heartless is an important detail.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I'm looking more towards the abstract nature of artificial hearts, if you know what I mean. I'm willing to bet that the difference/s between artificial and pureblood Heartless is an important detail.

If my memory serves me right (And it damn well better or I may have to change my username soon) Nomura was asked that question by the interviewer. He was asked what the difference is between purebloods and emblems and Nomura said "That may be something we'll explore in a future game" so perhaps the difference between the two is important.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

If I recall correctly Nomura once elaborated upon it saying that the main difference is their creation process.
Still, creating heartless and wanting to create a heart are still two different pair of shoes I would believe.
The actual process of creating an emblem heartless is to capture a heart in darkness, that's also why they release a heart when defeated.
Xehanort (the Apprentice) orginally wanted to study and work with the emblem heartless to unravel how a heart actually functions and what it consists of, and then in the next step start to create a heart himself.

djam2410

on that thirteen number.....maybe something that has to do with organization 13? pure darkness? besides axel i guess?

Nayru's Love

Awards
The actual process of creating an emblem heartless is to capture a heart in darkness, that's also why they release a heart when defeated.

More or less, it's kind of the same result: Hearts enshrouded in darkness. The hearts they release are the captured hearts of other people.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
on that thirteen number.....maybe something that has to do with organization 13? pure darkness? besides axel i guess?

Who knows, maybe the correct translation is in fact "Xehanort's 13 seeds of darkness", meaning the roads/alternative paths he has kept open for himself

More or less, it's kind of the same result: Hearts enshrouded in darkness. The hearts they release are the captured hearts of other people.

The main difference is if I recall correctly that with a pureblood the heart in question has succumbed or was overwhelmed by its own darkness while with an emblem the heart was captured by a "foreign" darkness.

---

Countdown for Platinum: 2 *ggg*

Nayru's Love

Awards
Well, you got a point there, no lie. I'd like to see this elaborated on in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back