• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yen Sid's Book/Story

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas

Is Retired.
Website
www.myspace.com
I saw no relevance in this to the overall story of the game haha. Can anyone tell me what it meant? I'd really like to know why they made us read it.

The Beginning
Each journey gives rise to chance encounters, and each encounter brings forth a farewell.

When a farewell leads to a journey, the worlds open their hearts.

Those chosen by the light, or ensnared by the darkness.
Friends who share the same bounds, though their paths may differ.

When you doubt the path trod thus far, when the hand you held is lost to you, gaze anew at the heart that once was…

for all the answers are within.

Interlude
A long dream.

A sad farewell, hanging in the air in that “world between”.

What is reality? What is illusion?
The path chosen by the young boy leads to his memories.

When caught in the stream of the days and nights going past, gaze anew at your steps…

for there all confusion will end.

The Future Story
Will the day come when this battle, born of confusion, will end?

It is different things to different people.

Can the reality be that which is hidden?

The reason is mere existence.
Still, memories can be believed.

Be not afraid. Entrust your body to the soothing waves of your memories.
By and by, your fleeting rest will be over…

and everything will begin.

EternityMoon

Same with me, I had no idea what relevence that had to the story. I'm sure if we think about it it will make sense though. Or maybe it has something to do with KH3.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
That whole thing was weird. All I know is that Yen Sid and Diz wanted to turn Sora into a merciless warrior.

SH_Brat

King Sora_Strife said:
That whole thing was weird. All I know is that Yen Sid and Diz wanted to turn Sora into a merciless warrior.

They did not. Sheesh... They wanted Sora to stop the Org. Now lets reveiw what the Org. was doing. They were Turning people to the darkness within their hearts. They were using Roxas to kill the heartless so thy could collect and keep the hearts for themselves. If they had kept this up all they hearts that they collected would have either probably become some unaided destroying machine, that we know as Kingdom Hearts, or they would have eventually gotten hearts themselves. But at what cost? I know DiZ was all about Revenge, but Ansem knew that no matter what, Sora was going to be dragged into this sooner or later.
As for Yen Sid, he was merely warning Sora that these nobodies are not good. They would be his friend one minute and kill him in the next without thinking anything about it. This is because, as much as some of you hate to believe, they canot be good or bad. They cannot feel guilt either. This is why they were that way to Sora. That goes for Roxas, too.

Veritas

Is Retired.
Website
www.myspace.com
There must be a reason why Nomura wrote that and made us read it. It held no relevance really. You see it then nothing happens that refers back to it really. I played the game through again the other day just to see if I missed anything. There's no part where it really poses any relevance to the plot. I can see certain parts have to do with KH2, but others just seem to be pointless ramblings at the moment.

SH_Brat

Sora_HeroOfLight said:
There must be a reason why Nomura wrote that and made us read it. It held no relevance really. You see it then nothing happens that refers back to it really. I played the game through again the other day just to see if I missed anything. There's no part where it really poses any relevance to the plot. I can see certain parts have to do with KH2, but others just seem to be pointless ramblings at the moment.

It is more pilosophical than rambling, I would say.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
SH_Brat said:
They did not. Sheesh... They wanted Sora to stop the Org. Now lets reveiw what the Org. was doing. They were Turning people to the darkness within their hearts. They were using Roxas to kill the heartless so thy could collect and keep the hearts for themselves. If they had kept this up all they hearts that they collected would have either probably become some unaided destroying machine, that we know as Kingdom Hearts, or they would have eventually gotten hearts themselves. But at what cost? I know DiZ was all about Revenge, but Ansem knew that no matter what, Sora was going to be dragged into this sooner or later.
As for Yen Sid, he was merely warning Sora that these nobodies are not good. They would be his friend one minute and kill him in the next without thinking anything about it. This is because, as much as some of you hate to believe, they canot be good or bad. They cannot feel guilt either. This is why they were that way to Sora. That goes for Roxas, too.

I know that Org. XIII was bad. But I just didn't like Diz and Yen Sid's methods. Yen Sid practically told Sora to kill every single nobody even if they just so happen were good. That would mean Sora would've killed Namine without talking. He would've just walked up to her and stabbed her before she could even scream. If Sora becomes like that when someone tells him that an entire faction of beings are evil, what would happen if one day he thinks everyone in KH is evil. He'd kill them all without question. My point is, Sora is young and is still going through that learning phase. They shouldn't be teaching him to kill a whole race of beings without questioning on whether or not their are some good ones in the group. Besides nobodies have proven to show more human tendencies than heartless.

Last edited:

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Sora_HeroOfLight said:

You see the game only in what is written there, which is very flawed.Look at the saga before saying that it was illrevelvant.

Veritas

Is Retired.
Website
www.myspace.com
pwn3d said:
You see the game only in what is written there, which is very flawed.Look at the saga before saying that it was illrevelvant.

I have. When is this sad farewell in the world-between? Keeping in mind I haven't played CoM. I don't remember this ever occuring. I remember Riku and Mickey parted, but that's about it. As I said, there's a few parts where it does refer back to the past games and KH2, but the rest all seems to be philosophical rambling than a direct link to the story. It doesn't seem that Sora took anything way from what he read there is what I meant. I don't understand why we read it when it doesn't seem to affect Sora at all. The book just seems to be a confusing mix of the story and Yen Sid's thoughts.

EDIT: Oh and not to sound rude, pwn3d, but if you're so wise to what this means, why don't you tell us? I don't like how you think I haven't thought about the entire KH series before I brought this up. That would be ignorant of me.

Last edited:

SH_Brat

Sora_HeroOfLight said:
I have. When is this sad farewell in the world-between? Keeping in mind I haven't played CoM. I don't remember this ever occuring. I remember Riku and Mickey parted, but that's about it. As I said, there's a few parts where it does refer back to the past games and KH2, but the rest all seems to be philosophical rambling than a direct link to the story. It doesn't seem that Sora took anything way from what he read there is what I meant. I don't understand why we read it when it doesn't seem to affect Sora at all. The book just seems to be a confusing mix of the story and Yen Sid's thoughts.

EDIT: Oh and not to sound rude, pwn3d, but if you're so wise to what this means, why don't you tell us? I don't like how you think I haven't thought about the entire KH series before I brought this up. That would be ignorant of me.

Yeah. Well, what if the interlude wasn't talking about CoM? What if it was talking about KH2? I mean, " The sad farewell in that world inbetween", could be talking about Sora and the gang leaving Twilight Town. It also could have meant the Sad farewell between Sora and Namine. Hmm... Come to think of it it might also have been talking about the sad farewell in Kingdom Hearts between Sora, Riku, and Kairi. Wait there are several reasons to this... Good Grief... Oh, reguarding Sora, he wasn't exactly the smartest belt buckle on the block, so he probably didn't stop to think. I guess what I meant to say is, is that this can have several reasons and it has someting to do with the third game more or less. That's all.

Veritas

Is Retired.
Website
www.myspace.com
SH_Brat said:
Yeah. Well, what if the interlude wasn't talking about CoM? What if it was talking about KH2? I mean, " The sad farewell in that world inbetween", could be talking about Sora and the gang leaving Twilight Town. It also could have meant the Sad farewell between Sora and Namine. Hmm... Come to think of it it might also have been talking about the sad farewell in Kingdom Hearts between Sora, Riku, and Kairi. Wait there are several reasons to this... Good Grief... Oh, reguarding Sora, he wasn't exactly the smartest belt buckle on the block, so he probably didn't stop to think. I guess what I meant to say is, is that this can have several reasons and it has someting to do with the third game more or less. That's all.

Thank you. That was the kind of explanation I was looking for. I agree. It seems Nomura has had this next game inside his head for some time. The way he talks about it in interviews make it seem that he has thought about this next installment's plot a bit so I wouldn't doubt that he's left little hints in the game.

There's so many farewells. The only one I can think of in the "world between" is Axel. Axel dies in "Betwixt and Between". The long dream refers to when Sora was asleep, and Roxas was in the fake Twilight Town. I have thought about this a bit myself. There's a lot of little references to different characters. I'm just not sure how it was supposed to tie into the story. It seemed very much like something that was unneccessary. It was just kind of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back