• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yesterday was not okay

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Yesterday, VoidGear.'s reply to me on the TLM thread brought up some...bad memories for me, that triggered my anxiety and made me sick the rest of the night.

I know she doesn't know what I've been through, no one here does, but her attitude in her reply was...hard for me. The people on this site is the closest thing I have to friends. I don't want to lose that, but I won't accept someone snapping at me like they know my life.

I know what racism is. I've experienced it first hand. Verbally and physically, by people who believed "it's only fair" and that they "earned it". Something that started small and got worse because everyone would turn a blind eye, even going as far as accusing me of being racist for complaining about the abuse. Yes, I did eventually leave that job, though I couldn't find another one for a long time, but that time scarred me. Even if the physical ones have faded away, I can never forget it.

So....please. Can everyone just...stop?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm sorry you had to go through all of that that Fudge. I agree that racism is racism and double standards shouldn't exist.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
It wasn't just TLM thread. Remember, you're racist if you like the animated Mulan, too!

Muke

whatever
Awards
Sorry what you’ve been through

Not to be mean, but I think this is something that should be talked about in private, not in threads like this..

Pandymint

Awards
Not to be mean, but I think this is something that should be talked about in private, not in threads like this..

I agree with Muke on this. I don't mean to sound like an ass or try to invalidate any feelings or experiences, but if you had that much of a problem with it, it should've been dealt with privately instead of making a thread whose purpose seems to be solely to call her out.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
This should probably be handled in private between you two, and if necessary, moderators. I don't think we should call people out publicly, especially if they may have unknowingly hurt us. When that thread was locked, I think it was with the intent to leave these discussions behind publicly, though I won't lecture you about your right to use these forums as a method of expression. Just doesn't seem like the proper way to handle such disputes, so this is a bit jarring to see.

That being said, I'm sorry you went through what you did. Anxiety is so serious, and nobody should ever have to feel uncomfortable or unsafe in a place such as this.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
If you can't deal with someone's "attitude", maybe consider your own first?
I'm sorry you went through hatred based on your skin color (or accent? or heritage?), but that's not an excuse for the things you said.
You expect people to be respectful towards you, but all I've seen from you in that thread was jabs against different people. Hell, you brought Tifa into the talk because I have her as my profile picture, thinking that'd somehow "get to me".

I don't take it you want any closure for this, otherwise you wouldn't have gone opening up a whole thread about how evil™ user VoidGear. has been to you, and instead sent a PM or anything of the likes regarding your issues. If you wanted everyone to "stop", you wouldn't have gone out of your way to, and I repeat myself here, open up a whole-ass thread to shame mean, mean me.
Actions have consequences. Others? Yes. Yours? Too.

Elysium

Awards
Those things were written in public. They should rightfully be called out for it in public.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Those things were written in public. They should rightfully be called out for it in public.

Well, then I expect not to read "Can everyone please stop?" at the end of the post, because that's simply hypocritical.

Elysium

Awards
What's there to say in private? I never bother with the moderators because I already know there's no getting any kind of fair action or response out of them anyway. Don't worry, I'm sure this thread will be deleted ASAP to silence any and all disagreement, just like the TLM thread was locked.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
What's there to say in private? I never bother with the moderators because I already know there's no getting any kind of fair action or response out of them anyway. Don't worry, I'm sure this thread will be deleted ASAP to silence any and all disagreement, just like the TLM thread was locked.

You have quite the interesting definition of disagreement.
And you're saying the same thing you said before - "there was no need/no topic to address privately".
Well then, why ask others to stop at the end of the thread? It had stopped, the TLM thread is shut down. If you open up a new one to call someone out, you do not get to demand everyone else to let the topic go afterwards.

Elysium

Awards
And you have quite interesting definitions of racism and calm discourse. Nobody was even arguing anymore when the TLM thread was finally locked. The only reason it was locked is because the moderators didn't like to see opinions still being posted that they disagreed with. Why not lock the Mulan thread, too? Why not all the KH3 news threads, to make sure the desired / required response can never once go off-kilter?

Pandymint

Awards
Wait excuse me? No one was arguing in the thread anymore because Ethy already said it was going to be locked so it didn't matter. How dense are you.

Elysium

Awards
Wait excuse me? No one was arguing in the thread anymore because Ethy already said it was going to be locked so it didn't matter. How dense are you.
Yay, the continuation of personal attacks! Just like that offensive garbage you said about how nobody wants to be ginger.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
And you have quite interesting definitions of racism and calm discourse. Nobody was even arguing anymore when the TLM thread was finally locked. The only reason it was locked is because the moderators didn't like to see opinions still being posted that they disagreed with. Why not lock the Mulan thread, too? Why not all the KH3 news threads, to make sure the desired / required response can never once go off-kilter?

Yeah, wild of me to say "white erasure is bad" is in itself a racist statement. I'm sure all those accusations of double standards are based on a lot of research and not some "white people have it so bad :(" superiority bias.
The discourse died AFTER ethy said it'd be closed, so that point is??? Pointless.

And the "nobody wants to be a ginger" comment came from Noir, who has red hair himself, not from Pandymint.

Pandymint

Awards
Yay, the continuation of personal attacks! Just like that offensive garbage you said about how nobody wants to be ginger.

First of all: It was a question, not an attack. Believe me, you'd know the difference.

Second of all: That wasn't me. That was Noir. And as someone who knows Noir I'mma let you in on a little secret: He's a ginger.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Void was honestly very polite considering the rhetoic of the thread and this callout is inappropriate. Everyone saying you should have handled this privately is correct, as this is just stirring up drama.

I'm sorry you have dealt with bullying about being white, but if that hurt you I hope you realize that experience is such a minute fraction of what people of colour are dealing with every single day. Racism goes deeper than slurs, assault, hate speech. Racism is deeply ingrained in society to the point where people look at a fucking animated white mermaid and can't for the life of them envision a real living black woman in the role. That feeling of being uncomfortable at not being represented in the media or the IP you love IS deeply ingrained racism.

I have a million things going on in my personal life that have made it hard for me to be here in a more present posting capacity so I hope it shows how ridiculous this is that it was the catalyst to bring me to post.

I'm not punishing you Fudge, but this thread is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back