• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yet another question about time

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I know everyone's probably getting tired of time travel questions, but what the hell. We know that Xehanort planned to gather thirteen vessels from across time to complete the X-blade. And in he did so in the end of DDD, but since Sora was rescued all of the "Xehanorts" went back to their original places in the timeline. Xehanort then said that his thirteen darknesses would clash with the seven lights sometime in the future. This is what we know.

Now this if where it gets a little confusing so I'll try to explain it the best I can. Since the other Xehanorts already exist in their own time periods, wouldn't that mean that Xehanort has already failed? If Xehanort had completed the X-blade in the future, then his thirteen selves wouldn't be able to go back to their respective times. The only way I can see this working is if completing the X-blade somehow messes with the timeline.

Seighart

Awards
Seeing as how adamant time can be in KH. i'd just assume that even though the events that have happened so far are destined to happen, we can say the same for when the future becomes past...if that makes sense. Even when all the mess is over with and Xehanort is finally defeated, it wouldn't change the fact that he brought his past selves to once place at that given point in time. I hope that answered something...

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Pretty much what Seighart said. Whether Xehanort is successful or defeated, his past selves will always have to return to their respective times.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
Though Seighart makes a good point, I find your idea about the X-blade very interesting. If Xehanort wins the timeline will totally be alter by either of your ways.

I still think we are missing something about how the timeline fully works to understand what effect Xehanorts have on it.

Monkey D. Rocky

I think that once Xehanort obtains the X-blade he will have a crazy amount of power that he will be able to basically change time itself? Cause if he wins, the timeline will change but if it changes to Xehanort's disliking he can change it easily with his newfound power. But then again, who's to say that the Guardians of Light will lose against the Seekers of Darkness? I'm not entirely sure but just a possibility.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
If the X-Blade is anything like the Keyblade of Peoples' Heart, then Xehanort probably just needs everyone to be present for one moment. With the KoPH, it existed only for a split second (that second being when Sora became a Heartless), yet the DtD still remained open.

I think that once Xehanort obtains the X-blade he will have a crazy amount of power that he will be able to basically change time itself? Cause if he wins, the timeline will change but if it changes to Xehanort's disliking he can change it easily with his newfound power. But then again, who's to say that the Guardians of Light will lose against the Seekers of Darkness? I'm not entirely sure but just a possibility.

If Xehanort completes the X-Blade, I don't see why he would want to change the past (even if he could). In fact, meddling with the past could change the circumstances that set up the the X-Blade's supposed forging.

Don't change what isn't broken, right?

Awards
Seeing as how adamant time can be in KH. i'd just assume that even though the events that have happened so far are destined to happen, we can say the same for when the future becomes past...if that makes sense. Even when all the mess is over with and Xehanort is finally defeated, it wouldn't change the fact that he brought his past selves to once place at that given point in time. I hope that answered something...

The whole situation where the future becomes that past is a neat concept (it does make sense). But if Xehanort creates the X-blade with his other selves, that means his past selves can't go back to their original times. And that's where the problem lies.

Sorarocks93

Awards
Pretty much what Seighart said. Whether Xehanort is successful or defeated, his past selves will always have to return to their respective times.

So wait a minute, you're telling me, that both Ansem SoD and Xemnas know they are going to die in their original times. I mean when they arrive at the future they see MX, which means that if he exists they both must have died. So they die no matter who wins.

axel95

Awards
So wait a minute, you're telling me, that both Ansem SoD and Xemnas know they are going to die in their original times. I mean when they arrive at the future they see MX, which means that if he exists they both must have died. So they die no matter who wins.
It all goes back to the "if something is destined to happen, it must happen" thing. I think that if Xehanort succeeds, then things will change. Who knows?

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Xehanort can't see the future, and whether he's successful or not, his past selves will have to return to their own place in time, via the laws of time (if they aren't in the past, they can't have done what they did). Also note that once the past selves return to their place in the timeline, they lose all memory of their time in the future (as explained by Young Xehanort).

So... I'm not sure if that answers the question. Because I'm not entirely sure what the question was.

Awards
Xehanort can't see the future, and whether he's successful or not, his past selves will have to return to their own place in time, via the laws of time (if they aren't in the past, they can't have done what they did). Also note that once the past selves return to their place in the timeline, they lose all memory of their time in the future (as explained by Young Xehanort).
You're not supposed to be able to foresee future events, but the RF seems to be pretty knowledgeable. He knew when and where to find all of the darknesses as well as the location he was to bring them. He also knew that Sora and Riku were on their way from the future to traverse the realm of sleep. I'm not sure if the game is implying that all of this time traveling was going on parallel to KHI or that the RF was somehow made aware that he was in the past by a third party who also gave him every important detail of the future he could possibly need. Perhaps the RF we see in DDD is not the one from KHI, but the RF after he was purged from Riku at the end of KHII?

Last edited:

zaqareemalcolm

You're not supposed to be able to foresee future events, but the RF seems to be pretty knowledgeable. He knew when and where to find all of the darknesses as well as the location he was to bring them. He also knew that Sora and Riku were on their way from the future to traverse the realm of sleep. I'm not sure if the game is implying that all of this time traveling was going on parallel to KHI or that the RF was somehow made aware that he was in the past by a third party who also gave him every important detail of the future he could possibly need. Perhaps the RF we see in DDD is not the one from KHI, but the RF after he was purged from Riku at the end of KHII?

I remember seeing a timeline of Xehanort's time travel thread that speculates that MX had already reformed before the ending of KH3D, time traveled to Hollow Bastion and told RF what happens so that RF can pass the info to YX, and that the black thing in throne was him coming back from said trip. Alas, the thread is gone now...

Awards
I'm pretty sure I made that timeline. Are you talking about this?
http://forums.khinsider.com/dream-drop-distance/171392-time-travel-time-line.html
I feel as though it is flawed. If Master Xehanort can time travel without giving up his heart, what purpose does the RF have beyond possessing Riku at the end of KHI? I suppose it is possible to travel through time without giving up ones heart as Sora and Riku inexplicably did it at the beginning of DDD. You also have the anomaly that is Timeless River that seems to suggest that you can time travel to any point in time and override essentially all the rules set in place in this game. There seems to be multiple ways of time traveling and we don't know why Xehanort had to use the most complicated one.
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance: The Movie - Sora's Story (HD 720p) - YouTube skip to 2:12:33.
This is the source of all of my confusion. It seems to suggest that the RF knew everything he needed to tell YX before the events of KHI while also implying that he got that information from his time within Riku's body. That seems to be contradictory and I'm pretty sure I'm interpreting the scene incorrectly. I have no idea what he's trying to say when Kairi's body flies out of the cave. Was Xehanort able to keep tabs on Sora through Kairi's heart or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back