• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

YMX's Keyblade

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kingdom Hearts fervor has come over me again, so I will ride it out with questions I need answered. First, why does YMX wield a different Keyblade than his older counterpart? When MX possessed Terra, he started using his own dark Keyblade instead of Terra's. Yet when MX possessed YMX, he started using a never-before-seen Keyblade instead. Why? Was it because MX was not complete yet? As such, he was still incapable of using his own Keyblade, being forced to make do with the Keyblade he possessed in his youth (for as we've seen, Keyblade wielders are fully capable of trading in one Keyblade for another as time goes on i.e. Mickey switching Star Seeker for Inverse Kingdom Key)?

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
The Kingdom Hearts fervor has come over me again, so I will ride it out with questions I need answered. First, why does YMX wield a different Keyblade than his older counterpart? When MX possessed Terra, he started using his own dark Keyblade instead of Terra's. Yet when MX possessed YMX, he started using a never-before-seen Keyblade instead. Why? Was it because MX was not complete yet? As such, he was still incapable of using his own Keyblade, being forced to make do with the Keyblade he possessed in his youth (for as we've seen, Keyblade wielders are fully capable of trading in one Keyblade for another as time goes on i.e. Mickey switching Star Seeker for Inverse Kingdom Key)?

MX never possessed YMX because time travel. You can't go back in time to possess yourself in the past; YMX used a different Keyblade possibly because at the time, MX was in Where Nothing Gathers in Xemnas' old throne. At the same time, we can't be sure that YMX isn't using his original Keyblade - IE if MX's Keyblade is the same that he had before he gave himself to the Dark Dark Darkness in order to gain further knowledge and etc.

saphexteni

MX never possessed YMX because time travel. You can't go back in time to possess yourself in the past;

Actually, Master Xehanort did possess Young Master Xehanort, temporarily. This is how YMX suddenly acquired the ability to wield the keyblade in the first place (YMX, in his own time, did not have that ability yet). Recall that Mickey had used a powerful "stopza" spell to freeze everything and get Riku and Sora out- however, YMX was able to break that spell because MX was in temporary possession of him at the time (he couldn't appear himself, since he hadn't fully materialized).

Did King Mickey’s time magic not work properly on Young Xehanort because Young Xehanort has the power to control time?Nomura: Not Young Xehanort’s but rather Master Xehanort’s power. King Mickey was surprised at the time, seeing his Keyblade and noticing he harboured the power of Master Xehanort. That Keyblade was designed as the one Master Xehanort used in KHBBS combined with an hourglass, you see.

That's also what Nomura had to say on the keyblade...

The keyblade is a combination of Master Xehanort's original keyblade and "Unknown's" blue blades from BBS Final Mix. The changing of keyblades probably isn't that significant, but could also signify the combination of "time travel" and MX's old keyblade, or just the combination of MX's two selves- past and future. It's also very similar to the "No Name," a keyblade you receive in BBS after you defeat "Uknown," or the "Mysterious Figure."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back