• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yo why doesnt Xemnas have a Keyblade?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
With the (possible) exception of Marluxia. Xemnas put Marly in charge of CO - why? The original (and flimsy) explanation was Xemnas knew Marluxia harbored traitorous intent, but with all the newer context we have now the situation looks very different. Xemnas knowingly put Marluxia in charge of the building hiding the Chamber of Waking which houses Ven, another Union Leader, and KH3 now tells us that Xemnas is very much aware of ancient Keyblade history. This is especially interesting when you consider Nomura’s comment (I forget from where) re: the story of how Ven and Master Xehanort meet being an interesting one and one which he hopes to tell in the future (assuming Xemnas has some of MX’s memories/knowledge? I don’t think that point has been clarified).

I think Xemnas clearly had something in mind for Marluxia and this can easily be retconned as far back as CoM. One could even speculate that Xemnas’ interest in Roxas knowingly stemmed from his knowledge/interest in Ven, not just due to Terra’s memories of Ven but also because of his Union Leader history
If done right that could work for Marluxia. He still wasn't treated as anything special to Xemnas in the old games though. The only character's termination at CO that hurt the Organization was Vexen, who ironically isn't a Union Leader or Keyblade wielder. Xemnas even expressed how the loss went against his plans. They can retcon it, but it will be a noticeable big one, as Nobody (lol) missed him or Larxene, two ancient Keyblade wielders, and they were not considered important for the original Organizations main goal.

As for Xemnas' interest in Roxas, it was always Sora. He even named him with the Sigil with Sora's name as opposed to Ventus. They could retcon that too, but it would just hurt the entire relationship of Xemnas and the Sora clones, if it was really just Ventus the whole time he was interested in. They've already downgraded Sora so much since BBS and DDD, this is the one thing that still made Sora feel special. Xemnas was obsessed with Sora and his Keyblade that he recruited his Nobody and made a Replica to copy him. I say let Sora keep that :p

If he used a Keyblade then there'd be no point in using Sora, Roxas and Xion.
This deserves it's own topic.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
If Xemnas did? Well yeh, doesnt mean he still couldnt have one.

If any of the other Organization XIII members saw him wield a Keyblade, they'd question why he's not out there slaying Heartless to get hearts which in turn breaks Organization XIII corporate facade of recreating Kingdom Hearts to reclaim their hearts.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Post-KH2, the original reason for Marluxia's assignment as leader of Castle Oblivion stemmed from the act he put on whenever Xemnas was around, like a perfect can-do man (via the Character Reports). This of course implies that Xemnas was merely persuaded by his charm and cunning and willingly gave him that high-ranking position because he believed Marluxia to be capable.

Then Days retconned it to Xemnas intentionally sending him there because he knew Marluxia was trying to stage a coup.

So UX backstory or not, who really knows at this point lol

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Post-KH2, the original reason for Marluxia's assignment as leader of Castle Oblivion stemmed from the act he put on whenever Xemnas was around, like a perfect can-do man (via the Character Reports). This of course implies that Xemnas was merely persuaded by his charm and cunning and willingly gave him that high-ranking position because he believed Marluxia to be capable.

Then Days retconned it to Xemnas intentionally sending him there because he knew Marluxia was trying to stage a coup.

So UX backstory or not, who really knows at this point lol
Well there is nothing more suspicious then a man with pink hair with a can-do attitude that also doesn't have a heart. That is a retcon but such a small one hardly anyone would even notice. Before KH3 I don't ever recall Xemnas and Marluxia in the same room with one another.

Also, I thought it was Saix that knew Marluxia was a traitor.

D

Deleted member 252753

Also, I thought it was Saix that knew Marluxia was a traitor.
Fwiw, Day 71's Secret Report suggests that Xemnas also knew that Marluxia was a traitor.

It's a fact that Xemnas ordered Axel to take out the traitors, orders which went through Saïx. No specific names were given, but naturally Xemnas knew who the turncoats were right from the get-go.

And there's a previous report where Axel talks about 'obvious turncoats' and 'ones who will get in his and my way' so you'd think Marluxia and Larxene were the obvious ones Xemnas had in mind when he gave his instructions to Saïx.

SS501

Awards
Didn't Riku talk a bit about it during Xemnas' final scene in KH3?
IIRC something like the darkness has taken away even your ability to summon the keyblade or something.

Back