• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your favourite 'Kairi'?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which of the three do you like the best?

• Kairi

Votes: 24 16.1%
  • Namine

Votes: 48 32.2%
  • Xion

Votes: 77 51.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aria

braver by the minute
I love Namine and Xion, but I'd have to say Xion for now because of Days.

Awards
Yeah, I always thought that they could have done better with Kairi. And looking at other female characters that SE has introduced, its kind of pathetic in comparison.

As for her relationship with Riku, I always thought that she did care about him. Even though she didn't give him the hug he deserved like Sora...

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The joke about the raft many believe not to have been a joke at all.
The good luck charm only relating to Sora and not Riku.
Kairi writing Riku off as having lost his Heart against when Sora did, she 'wouldn't let him go'.
Moving then to saying Riku can take care of himself despite seeing XH possess him.
Saying Riku can take care of himself against 'waiting isn't good enough' when she remembered Sora.

This isn't her believing in Riku, this is her not giving a damn :\

Awards
The joke about the raft many believe not to have been a joke at all.
The good luck charm only relating to Sora and not Riku.
Kairi writing Riku off as having lost his Heart against when Sora did, she 'wouldn't let him go'.
Moving then to saying Riku can take care of himself despite seeing XH possess him.
Saying Riku can take care of himself against 'waiting isn't good enough' when she remembered Sora.

This isn't her believing in Riku, this is her not giving a damn :\

I see what you mean. But I wonder if the writers made it seem that way on purpose. I think they tried to make her seem supportive but blundered it. I think if you ask them they will tell you that she cares for Riku. I they should try to put more focus on SRK being close friends, and less on SoKai.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I see what you mean. But I wonder if the writers made it seem that way on purpose. I think they tried to make her seem supportive but blundered it. I think if you ask them they will tell you that she cares for Riku.

I donno. With Nomura, he's just as likely to shrug and laugh and tell me to reach my own conclusions.
The thing is, they had four games. Four whole games in which they could've bothered with it. Had Riku and Kairi actually interact in KH1 and not show us in Traverse Town Riku saying Kairi's looking for them now and then only care after he was sure Sora didn't care about him anymore. Had Kairi not write Riku off as having lost his Heart but be a bit more intent on saving him instead of writing him as either dead or god-modding. Had a smudge of RiKai when Kairi and Sora parted ways at the very end of KH1.
Had Kairi worry about Riku in KH2, and not just be certain they'd see each other again by some magical force and turn to think of the boy she couldn't remember and might not have ever existed to begin with.
Bother with showing more, say, Riku's guilt about what he's done in KH1 in relation to Kairi in Reverse-Rebirth. Had him thinking about her in Days, especially when he has no one, but two Kairi lookalikes next to him in Days. Alternatively, explain that Kairi is why he treats Xion and Namine kindly and base it as such, not say they all act differently from each other.
Had Kairi mention Riku to Hayner, Pence and Olette and not have them ask who it is from Sora.

The closest thing they put in to try and base Riku and Kairi care about each other is Riku putting her on the same level as Sora as 'childhood friends' in Re:CoM... but seeing how he also put Tidus, Selphie and Wakka there, I'd take it with a grain of salt.

I they should try to put more focus on SRK being close friends, and less on SoKai.

Inorite.
Watch it all be related to her PoHness and gimme my told-you-so rights.

Thixy

Heh. I think Kairi running to Riku, grabbing his arm, and begging him not to leave at the end of KH2 showed she cared about him.

But anyway, I have much fondness for Xion after Days. She was such a better character than I expected.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Heh. I think Kairi running to Riku, grabbing his arm, and begging him not to leave at the end of KH2 showed she cared about him.

Or she never would've lived it down had Sora found out she knew and still let Riku go.
I mean, he could take care of himself. Why not let him go again? He'll come back when he's good and ready.

Thixy

Or she never would've lived it down had Sora found out she knew and still let Riku go.
I mean, he could take care of himself. Why not let him go again? He'll come back when he's good and ready.
Oh yeah. I bet that's what motivated her. She didn't want Sora angry at her!
I mean come on. You're looking for something hateful inside Kairi that's not there.
Sure, Kairi doesn't have the best track record with Riku. You make a lot of good points, trust me, I recognize that. I'm just saying, from that scene, it's obvious she cares for him.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Oh yeah. I bet that's what motivated her. She didn't want Sora angry at her!
I mean come on. You're looking for something hateful inside Kairi that's not there.
Sure, Kairi doesn't have the best track record with Riku. You make a lot of good points, trust me, I recognize that. I'm just saying, from that scene, it's obvious she cares for him.

Even if I do give you that scene, I can either blame it on being a single occurance, or her being already fused with Namine partially so it's not really up to her.
And even then there's how she keeps talking only about Sora afterwards :\ And then her not welcoming Riku back home, only Sora.
I'd call that scene, if I bother to accept it - a fluke. XD;

Thixy

Even if I do give you that scene, I can either blame it on being a single occurance, or her being already fused with Namine partially so it's not really up to her.
And even then there's how she keeps talking only about Sora afterwards :\ And then her not welcoming Riku back home, only Sora.
I'd call that scene, if I bother to accept it - a fluke. XD;
Haha. Fair enough. XD
Kairi, in the end, does have more against her than for her. I just thought I'd throw the scene out there.

Thixy

Yeah, Xion really just was perfect. I hope the KH team pulls something crazy and she gets to come back. XD

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
She had her moments, too. Like, you know, Getting Roxas to kill her.
But it was all so well integrated into her story that I'm too busy enjoying the plot elements to hold it against her on the personal level.

I doubt they'll bring her back. But I wouldn't mind a reference or two.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
She had her moments, too. Like, you know, Getting Roxas to kill her.
But it was all so well integrated into her story that I'm too busy enjoying the plot elements to hold it against her on the personal level.

I doubt they'll bring her back. But I wouldn't mind a reference or two.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Currently since I have only gotten up the 100's in the game, I currently do not like Xion. I will probably fall for her at the end but right now I'm just mad at the ice cream every mission. Probably after I get past that issue and see Xion for who she really is, then I will like her.

But Namine is my fav. Then Xion. Then Aqua.(They are interchangeable) Then the coconut you have to collect on DI. Then the dust on Riku's shoulder. Then Kairi I guess.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The ice cream scenes, albeit repetitive, are part of what got me to like her. It's nice to see they bothered with really showing the friendship as it developed, especially since it meant so much later, and didn't just throw it in our faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back