• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your First Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which was your first KH game?

• Kingdom Hearts

Votes: 67 68.4%
  • Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Kingdom Hearts II

Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kingdom Hearts: coded

• Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Which was your first KH game, and how good of a jumping-in point to the series do you consider it? I've always wondered how well people understand the story when they enter in at odd points in the series, so explain your experiences.

I personally played Chain of Memories first, after I heard about the series from a friend. I think it did a very good job of getting newbies up to speed. Sure, you wouldn't know exactly how Sora knew people like Leon, but it did a good job of at least telling you they had met before and were friends. And I never felt lost about what was happening in the game or who characters were, especially since most of the villains were brand new. In fact, Namine being a witch was a much bigger surprise for me, because for all I knew, she had been on Destiny Islands with Sora.

My play order is
CoM->KH2->KH1->Days

Last edited:

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
Mine was KH2 but I didn`t play it at first, I just watched my brother. I thought Roxas was Sora himself or something when I saw the opening to KH2, but then my brother went back and played kh1 and I watched. Then he played KH2 and I understood it.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Played KH1 first I rented it from blockbuster I thought it was gonna be stupid but after leaving DI I couldn't help but love it. It was two years later before I actually bought the game.

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
My first was Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for the Gameboy Advance
I remember that Christmas oh so much!

VagueSimplicity

Awards
Mine was Kingdom Hearts. I know, I'm boring. lol. I always wondered what people who started on other KH games thought about the story at first. Interesting thread topic indeed.

αsiя

space coke
Kingdom Hearts. Hated it at first because I didn't have a memory card so I got so annoyed with the game. It wasn't until I got my memory card and went further in the game that I realized that I loved it.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Chain of Memories > KH1 > KH2 > Days

KHFanatic2010

I rented KH for my PS2 eight years ago (when I was 12) and bought it after that. Ever since then, I become obessed with the series and a fan!

KHFanatic in France on holiday!!!

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
KH1 -> CoM -> KH2 -> Re:CoM -> Days

I played them in the order they were released in North America. Got KH1 when it very first came out. So, I've been in it for the long haul.

Blobbit

Awards
I personally played Chain of Memories first, after I heard about the series from a friend. I think it did a very good job of getting newbies up to speed. Sure, you wouldn't know exactly how Sora knew people like Leon, but it did a good job of at least telling you they had met before and were friends. And I never felt lost about what was happening in the game or who characters were, especially since most of the villains were brand new. In fact, Namine being a witch was a much bigger surprise for me, because for all I knew, she had been on Destiny Islands with Sora.

My play order is
CoM->KH2->KH1->Days

Same with me, except for the fact that I knew the characters and the basic plotline from the first game after watching my friend play it all the way through. And my play order was the same too, except Re:CoM was in between KH1 and Days.

impart

Climb The Sky
played KH1 first.
I loved that game passionatly by the time I was in Traverse Town. I was like OMGODS YOU GUYS I GOTTA FIND RIKU AND KAIRI

loved it!
waited for KH2.
played COM when it came out
then got KH2.
then Days
and now im waiting for BBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back