• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your IDEAL Theme Song

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ultima55

As much as we all love Simple and Clean/Hikari, you have to admit, the thought of possibly having it as the theme song for yet another KH game is a tad bit 'o overkill. =)

So! In all honesty, what, in your opinion, would make the ideal Kingdom Hearts theme song? For any of the games. Or all. Whatever, it's your choice. Can be abso-ma-lutely anything. From any artist. Any genre. Etc... yadda yadda yadda.

Include song title, the artist/group that performs it, and your reason why it would make the ideal KH song. Include song lyrics if you want to prove your point. Not to mention you can have as many as you like, I mean, you could have more than one, right? Feel free to add to your list if you want to. I'll start:

Song: Sekirei ~Seki-ray~ by Gackt
Reason: Ignore the fact that that this song is about an endangered species of flightless bird and just acknowledge that this would make a pretty kickass/meaningful KH:CoM Reverse/Rebirth song. It's a Riku song, most definately. Plus it's quite beautiful.

Song excerpt: (translation in italics)

kono doko made mo tsuzuku shiroi daichi wa tooku
mou harisakebu koe wa dare ni mo todokanai
Far off in this endlessly continuing white earth
My voice that's crying out can no longer reach anyone

kono karada no itami o kakusu you ni
sora kara no yasashisa ni dakare...
Like it's concealing this body's pains
I'm embraced by kindness from the sky...

See what I mean? Or if you don't, basically this describes Riku's inner struggles with the dark, blah blah... you get the story. But in the end, he can rely on his friendship with Sora (thus the "sky" bit there) to help him win his fight. Bwahaha.

Song: Asrun Dream by Gackt
Reason: Another Gackt song! This is the song that I did a KH AMV to (which will never see the light of day unless people ask me reeeally nicely as it's horrible x_x) and I found out, that KH FMV-ness goes quite nicely with the Asrun Dream-ness. ... Anyways, it makes for a nice overall KH-y feel song. I adore it personally. Lyrics-wise, it's pretty KH-ish. Guuuhhh...

Song excerpt: (trans. in italics)

yoake no naka o tesaguri de aruite
hikari o abita anata no sugata ga kioku ni yakitsuite
ima mo koko ni iru
I walk, groping in the dawn
Bathed in light, your body is scorched in my memory
Even now, you are here

"mune ni kizamareta kimi no kasuka na shiroi kioku wa koori no you ni..."
nanimo nokosazu ni soba ni ita kamoshirenai to iu kage dake o nokoshite
"Etched into my heart, your dim white memory is like ice..."
Perhaps you were close by but left nothing behind, nothing but shadows

Gah, it's kinda Riku-sounding, but THAT'S OKAY. ._.;; There's absomalutely nothing wrong with that. Anyways, yeah, you can probably figure out this for yourself. =)

... So Gackt makes good KH-sounding music. I swear, I'm not obsessed.

Full Lyrics for Sekirei ~Seki-ray~
Full Lyrics for Asrun Dream

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I like Simple and Clean but that might get a little boring after a while. Don't get me wrong! I love the song but Final Distance would probably be a good song!

Blue Mage

Bearer of the True Rune.
Hikari/Simple & Clean is the theme song for the Kingdom Hearts series.

A

Audo

I think Simple and Clean or since KH2's theme is promises then maybe it will be Promises by Utada. I doubt it will be something else than a Utada Hikaru song though.

Murluxia

sora_rocks222 said:
I like Simple and Clean but that might get a little boring after a while. Don't get me wrong! I love the song but Final Distance would probably be a good song!
I Agree,That would Be a great choice!

beefsteak

I personally think the orchestral version of Simple and Clean is absolutely perfect for KH. Gives me goosebumps whenever I hear it.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Oh please no more Simple and Clean. Im so sick of that!!!

I was so angry when I heard the song again in CoM...
They definetly need a new song, like the FF series do that too...

thecloser

yeah ok maybe not but i think it would fit in action cut-scenes of the game but as theme song there is gonna be a slow song at least not much faster than simple and clean ps haunted RULES !

Darkened Heart

Website
www.livejournal.com
I really don't think that a song that's that MORBID is fit for a game that, let's face it, is meant for children seven and up.

It is a 100% GUARANTEE that the theme, if it is changed from Hikari, will be an English version of a Japanese song. So there is no way that it would ever be a song from anywhere else. And if it IS changed from Hikaru, Utada Hikari had better be singing it.

M

mimonity

i tink it wud b e badass if they used 50 cent in da club suuuuuuuch a good song and i can just chill and forget bout life and like u kno HES MY MAN hahaha no but seriosuly even do theres like sex and stuff thye could change the words to like sora and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back