• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your KH headcanon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
This is a macabre one but I think about it a lot.

I always like the idea of worlds having “residual hauntings” that activate to certain people and their memories.

For example like Riku in CoM, if he went to Radiant Garden and walked the hallways alone he would see phantoms of his past happening like an event.

It’s similar like the Snarl of Memories that Roxas had in Destiny islands but less physical and a tiny bit less traumatic.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Not sure if a headcanon, or just a connection I'm making up.

I see the three masters of the era (Mickey, Aqua, Riku) as inheritors and better versions of the masters of the ancient era (Yen Sid, Eraqus, Xehanort).

Yen Sid retired from participating in the conflict, and allowed a lot of shit with Xehanort to happen. He trained Mickey, who also started the series as being far removed from the action and watching secretly from a distance, but gets progressively more directly involved (and more importantly, honest) as the games go on.

Eraqus, while a kind man, was your typical lawful stupid character, willing to kill Ven in front of Terra, causing his own death. Aqua, his student, also began as a rules following good apprentice, but slowly began to question the paradigm she was raised with, and ended putting more value in her friends and their connection compared to her master.

And then, Xehanort. Riku is only indirectly a successor. Ansem SoD "trains" him in CoM, being a combination of Xehanort and Terra (who was kinda Xehanort's pseudo pupil for BBS). Xehanort was trying to balance darkness and light, but completely sinks into darkness and tries to kill everyone. Riku, partly because of Ansem SoD, is *actually* able to succeed where Xehanort cannot. He becomes a Master, and is using darkness attacks all the way to KH3. He then directly is told by Ansem SoD to continue to seek.

So now there's three active masters again, and they're better people than the three ancient ones they've thematically succeeded.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Destiny Islands is at the same level of tech as Twilight Town, Sora and Riku just live closer to the coast so we don’t see the entire main island.

I see no other reason why they wouldn’t, since KH2 established they have high school on the islands

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I just remembered one I had back in the KH1 days: boss heartless are the heartless of world's hearts while fodder enemies are the hearts of people. The hearts of worlds are fewer in number but bigger and stronger than a person's heart. Hence this reflected in the corresponding heartless.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I just remembered one I had back in the KH1 days: boss heartless are the heartless of world's hearts while fodder enemies are the hearts of people. The hearts of worlds are fewer in number but bigger and stronger than a person's heart. Hence this reflected in the corresponding heartless.
That makes way too much sense.😲

Soldier

Awards
I'm so happy to see this silly thread I made still receive headcanons to this day, fills me with so much nostalgia.
I've got one that i've been wondering for a bit, remember the Villain's Vale?
1696974825905.png
you know, the crumbling fortress that Maleficent and Pete lived in during KH II. We never get to properly visit it, and the closest we can get is the darkest depths, the cliffside that overlooks the vale where Sephiroth is fought. Given that we are never told anything about it other than the fact Maleficent resided there, it's free real estate to speculate. Me personally? I believe it's a trash heap. Let me explain

-In KH 1, Hollow Bastion, as a world is composed primarily of two areas, the rising falls and the area that surrounds the base of the castle, and the castle itself. There is no town, nor any structure besides the castle itself, with the surrounding environment around the castle appearS to be an endless sea of water that is fed by the rising falls. Of course, during the year after Sora and co. sealed the DTD the worlds were restored, but that begs the question, how?

We don't know much about the day that Maleficent invaded except that most of the denziens of Radiant Garden either perished or somehow made it off world, but given the fact that only the castle remains, I think Maleficent simply flooded the world. This is the same evil fairy that would go on to commit interplanetary genocide and travels as a galaxy, what's one little flood to her? Radiant Garden in BBS makes it clear that water is an important (if not THE) resource that they pride themselves on, with fountains, ponds and aqueducts lining the town in every nook and cranny. Perhaps her magic took advantage of the liquid and buried the town and surrounding in a deep sea.

But when the worlds were restored, the water receded, and the FF crew were able to get to work making the world livable again. But all the parts of the world that were broken/destroyed ended up in a large pile somewhere. And that somewhere, is the Villains Vale.

Cross-referencing the images of the VV and Radiant Garden proper show that most of the VV is comprised of pieces of the old town and aqueducts, which means when the crew finally finished their reconstruction of the town, they destroyed whatever was left of the vale.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I got a another headcanon, and that is, Pooh's memory loss in kh2 was not caused by the pages being scattered again, (cause that definitely didn't happen last time), but was an unfortunate side effect of Namine fixing Sora's memories, I mean Pooh just happens to lose his memory just after Sora, Donald, and Goofy get their memories back? That can't be a coincidence, and the reason might be that maybe the book has some kind of protection on it or something, like maybe when Namine messed with Sora's memories in COM, and undid that, and the process affecting everyone else, maybe the book remained unaffected until Sora made contact with Pooh, causing some kind of bleeding effect, but why only Pooh got affected is anyone's guess.

Back