What's new

Welcome to Kingdom Hearts Insider

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ask question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Ask a Mod

Ask Questions from your staff

Contact Staff

If you need additional information or have a concern please contact us.

• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your KH headcanon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Reaction score
Awards
Hot Rod and Dancer are the heartless and nobody respectively of the same complete fucking asshole.

Max

Staff member
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know if this really counts as "headcanon" or not, but it's something I realized the last time I replayed KH1 (which was when I was going for Platinum on PS3 I believe).

I remembered KH1 as being so much bigger, not just in scale, but just more. What I came to realize was that I was playing it through the eyes of an adult, which made it such a different experience.

I was such and imaginative kid and I remember playing this game in 4th grade and the worlds took me SO long to beat. I think I was just worse at action games back then haha, the prospect of Expert Mode scared me. Now I do my first playthroughs of these games on Proud or Critical 😂

Annnnyway, to get to the point of headcanon: when I was a kid, something else I did in these worlds was I just like, imagined all of these conversations that never really happened. I imagined Sora, Donald, and Goofy talking on their way between worlds. I imagined conversations between Sora and other party members, like Sora and Ariel being scared of the shark while hiding in the ship and concocting a way to escape safely. I would frequently go to that little house in Traverse Town once Kairi was there and could easily imagine Sora catching her up to speed on everything.

Even though these things technically didn't happen, it was like, to me they did. That's how I remember that game, I remember things like this from every world, the kind of conversations that could have happened behind the scenes. What magic there was in being a child, and back then I didn't even know it.

Soldier

Reaction score
Awards
I don't know if this really counts as "headcanon" or not, but it's something I realized the last time I replayed KH1 (which was when I was going for Platinum on PS3 I believe).

I remembered KH1 as being so much bigger, not just in scale, but just more. What I came to realize was that I was playing it through the eyes of an adult, which made it such a different experience.

I was such and imaginative kid and I remember playing this game in 4th grade and the worlds took me SO long to beat. I think I was just worse at action games back then haha, the prospect of Expert Mode scared me. Now I do my first playthroughs of these games on Proud or Critical 😂

Annnnyway, to get to the point of headcanon: when I was a kid, something else I did in these worlds was I just like, imagined all of these conversations that never really happened. I imagined Sora, Donald, and Goofy talking on their way between worlds. I imagined conversations between Sora and other party members, like Sora and Ariel being scared of the shark while hiding in the ship and concocting a way to escape safely. I would frequently go to that little house in Traverse Town once Kairi was there and could easily imagine Sora catching her up to speed on everything.

Even though these things technically didn't happen, it was like, to me they did. That's how I remember that game, I remember things like this from every world, the kind of conversations that could have happened behind the scenes. What magic there was in being a child, and back then I didn't even know it.
It's definitely something you came up with in your head that fills in blanks, so as far as the vague definition of head canon it's good.

I also thought of things like this growing up, like would Beast, Jiminy and Sora bond over the fact that they all lost their homes? would SDG return to Agrabah and tell Aladdin Jasmine is safe? so many unseen moments that could've added some real emotional firepower to an already emotional game.

(Also, I know how you feel with the worlds taking so long, until I was 10 I wasn't able to beat Deep Jungle).

Reactions: Max

Max

Staff member
Reaction score
Awards
It's definitely something you came up with in your head that fills in blanks, so as far as the vague definition of head canon it's good.

I also thought of things like this growing up, like would Beast, Jiminy and Sora bond over the fact that they all lost their homes? would SDG return to Agrabah and tell Aladdin Jasmine is safe? so many unseen moments that could've added some real emotional firepower to an already emotional game.

(Also, I know how you feel with the worlds taking so long, until I was 10 I wasn't able to beat Deep Jungle).
Haha you know, speaking of how long Deep Jungle feels like it could take, I didn't have a PS2 memory card until maybe a month after I got my PS2 and Kingdom Hearts (because my cousin told my mom "PS1 memory cards can save PS2 games!" so she didn't grab one with the console). Because of this, for the course of that month I pretty much always made it to Deep Jungle then got stuck or just had to stop before I could finish. The furthest I finally made it before getting a memory card was Traverse Town when you run into Riku after Deep Jungle. The patience we could have as children haha.

But yeah, I miss filling in those blanks as a kid. It'd be cool of the games did more stuff like that, optional little talks if you returned to see someone after a significant event.

Soldier

Reaction score
Awards
Haha you know, speaking of how long Deep Jungle feels like it could take, I didn't have a PS2 memory card until maybe a month after I got my PS2 and Kingdom Hearts (because my cousin told my mom "PS1 memory cards can save PS2 games!" so she didn't grab one with the console). Because of this, for the course of that month I pretty much always made it to Deep Jungle then got stuck or just had to stop before I could finish. The furthest I finally made it before getting a memory card was Traverse Town when you run into Riku after Deep Jungle. The patience we could have as children haha.

But yeah, I miss filling in those blanks as a kid. It'd be cool of the games did more stuff like that, optional little talks if you returned to see someone after a significant event.
Ah, I recall having a similar issue with Spyro year of the dragon (I had a ps2 and ps2 memory cards, but no PS1 memory cards). It used to take me the entire day to get to the end, and when I finally beat the game, I wasn't able to access the bonus round.

Fwiw, some games like Psychonauts 2 have little talks spread about that you can easily miss after major points in the story.

Soldier

Reaction score
Awards
New headcanon that I just remembered

So, the Air Soldiers join the roster right around the time that you arrive at Monstro right? I used to think that Gepetto was responsible for making them and/or they were one of the heartless that assaulted prankster's paradise when it was attacked. I can't be the only one that sees their stitchpunk designs and tattered wings and thinks "looks like something a woodcarver would make". I'm just imagining if Riku actually did manage to make off with Pinocchio in Monstro that Maleficent would just contact him and have him build wooden armor for the heartless. I could see her doing that.

KudoTsurugi

Reaction score
Awards
I always saw Reno as Axel's older brother and the reason he is off screen is cuz he's doing FF7 shiz.

Cloud is the legit FF7 Cloud, as he doesn't originate from Radiant Garden apparently based on Goofy going "did ya think they made it back to their own world". He's kinda stuck in a Dissidia style situation where he's not in his game's world yet is still dealing with Sephiroth.
I could kinda see Reno and Axel being brothers. Heck, for all we know they could’ve been twins😂

As for Cloud, I figured that Goofy line was either a mistranslation, like when Roxas said “tell me why he picked you” to Sora but was talking about the Keyblade, or he thought they went back to Olympus Coliseum. I see Cloud as a native to Radiant Garden, but fighting Sephiroth has made him something of a vagabond, never staying too long in one world until he can br this fight to an end.

Personal headcanon: if the player doesn’t visit the optional worlds in KH2, Sora would bring Riku and Kairi to visit them together after the final boss battle.

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6