• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your KH headcanon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Hello,

Like most of you, I grew up playing KH, it was one of the first PS2 games I ever played as a kid. My sister and I weren't able to progress through the first set of worlds, so we just continuously replayed the first set until I reached the 3rd grade, when we finally made some progress. But before that, we had established some "headcanon" of sorts in regards into how the game worked, here's an example:

We really wanted to visit Atlantica for some reason, but never could. One day I thought "hm, maybe I'll reach the level faster if I swim out from Destiny Islands and eventually come across Ursula and the rest of the cast". This was before I had any idea about invisible walls, and my attempts were thwarted.

Then 9 yeas later Dream Drop Distance came out, and lo and behold Sora and Riku encounter Ursula after setting sail on the raft on Destiny Islands. Did my naive childish mind predict the future? or is this all just mere coincidence? you decide!

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
"Worlds" are more like separate universes than a singular planet. In KH1 alone we've had 3 different Londons, 1 of which was destroyed: The home of Jane & Clayton, the home of the dalmatians, & the Clock Tower. DDD gives us 2 different Frances, one of which is occupied by talking animals. Cid said the gummiship traveled via "Innerspace" rather then outerspace, which sounds like interdimensional travel.

Soldier

Awards
"Worlds" are more like separate universes than a singular planet. In KH1 alone we've had 3 different Londons, 1 of which was destroyed: The home of Jane & Clayton, the home of the dalmatians, & the Clock Tower. DDD gives us 2 different Frances, one of which is occupied by talking animals. Cid said the gummiship traveled via "Innerspace" rather then outerspace, which sounds like interdimensional travel.
That actually makes a lot of sense when you think about it. Doesn't the lore state that every world was initially part of one singular planet and split off into the different versions of the same locations.

Also, Whenever you fight Leon, Yuffie and Cloud in Olympus Colliseum when 2 of them are fighting alongside one another, whoever you defeat last has a little cross explosion and some particle effects before they slowly lower their weapons. I always took this to mean that Hades was controlling them somehow and defeating them releases them from his grasp. Maybe the FF group is the one behind the gates in the colliseum that gang up on Hades after Sora defeats him. A little payback for controlling them.

Soldier

Awards
In Deep Jungle you can see a tea set that looks eerily similar to Mrs. Potts and Chip from Beauty and the Beast. Given that we know Beast's Castle is destroyed at the time and people can retain their physical form, it's my headcanon that this similar looking set is the actual remains of Mrs. Potts and Chip jsut without hearts. I mean come on, they're pure hearted enough to comfort a woman going through stockholm syndrome.

Either that or Scrooge McDuck sold Jane Porter the tea set during his buisness venture with Mickey before the events of KH.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
At some point in his life Luxord played the Reaper's game. With his entry few being his Keyblade

It's not really relevant anymore but before KH3 another head cannon of mine was that his somebody came from Port Royal/The Caribbean

Soldier

Awards
At some point in his life Luxord played the Reaper's game. With his entry few being his Keyblade

It's not really relevant anymore but before KH3 another head cannon of mine was that his somebody came from Port Royal/The Caribbean
Certainly makes sense with the world, Gambling was a good way to pass time on long voyages on ships. The liars dice scene in dead man's chest for example emphasizes that point. Honestly if he had more of a "realistic" feel like the rest of the world I could definitely see it.

Soldier

Awards
The reason Ansem’s apprentices were all recompleted at the same time, despite having their nobodies eliminated at different times, was because their hearts were among those trapped inside the Kingdom Hearts Xemnas made. Their restoration happened shortly after its supposed destruction by Sora and Riku.
Makes sense when you put it that way, and going off of the Kingdom Hearts Xemnas made, when Oogie Boogie was defeated, I'd like to think that a large portion of the hearts that composed it were from that bag of bugs. Because think about it, If each insect inside of him is alive, then the general consensus in the series is that each one has a heart (in a worms case, they have five). So when Sora and co. defeated him, they're really just contributing to the Organization's plan unknowingly way before the organization existed.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Riku, Sora, and Kairi were all forced into ballet classes as children.

It’s why all three of them have some variations of ballet moves in their combat. Riku was probably the best at it while Sora probably enjoyed it more because he likes all forms of dancing. Kairi would be in the middle where she was okay at it and also didn’t hate it.

Soldier

Awards
I don’t think heart (the “soul”) = heart (the organ).
Who knows in this convoluted story? If we're getting technical, none of the hearts in the worm is a true "heart" in a sense, they're all false hearts that divy up the usual stuff a heart does.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
I’ve had a few Kingdom Hearts headcanon in the past but probably the biggest one was:

I remember back when I had first played Birth by Sleep for the first time and when I saw who some of the Organization XIII members used to be I came up with a headcanon for all the Organization members excluding Xemnas and Xigbar which was that the since members 3 -8 seemed to be nice in the past I always thought that the same applied to 9-12. I remember I couldn’t think of anything regarding members 9-11 past life’s and what changed them.

However between playing through Re: Chain of Memories and reading the manga some of the dialogue mostly things Larxene said when she was getting annoyed at Sora for protecting Naminé, despite knowing that she was using her powers to manipulate his memories the whole time and also how stupid she seemed to think it was for Sora to care about his memories with Naminé even though they were all lies. For some reason all this stuff made me headcanon that she acts this way as Larxene because some awful event must of happened to her in the past that really messed her up to the point it drastically changed her.

I remember saying my headcanon to someone a few years ago and I remember thinking how silly my headcanon about Larxene original self actually being a nice person sounded when said out loud giving Larxene’s personality. However I remember deciding that although it sounded silly i was going to keep it as my headcanon as it sounded an interesting backstory and also thinking Nomura never going to give members 9-12 a backstory so I would just keep it because at least it would be some kind of backstory.

Also I used to headcanon 9-12 original names as:

Luxord- Rould
Demyx - Myde
Marluxia - Lumaria
Larxene - Arlene

A smaller theory I used to have was:

That since young Kairi was seen outside Radiant Garden‘s castle and the guards hadn’t told her to leave like they did Ven, I used to think that Kairi and Ienzo where friends as children but Kairi obviously has no memories of her childhood and as Ienzo has had so much happen to him over the years, all he can remember from his childhood is his time with Ansem the Wise and the Apprentices but not time spent being friends with Kairi when they were kids.

AR829038

Awards
Jack Sparrow can wield the Keyblade because he's secretly descended from one of the ancient Keyblade wielders from Daybreak Town. After all, all worlds originate from Daybreak Town.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
My headcanons: Sora comes from a family of fishermen and Riku’s family are not native to the islands. I always imagined Riku coming from a rich family but hated being associated with them, so he dressed like the natives to fit in and gain Sora’s friendship.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Scar boss fight was against his nobody. Groundshaker was his heartless.

There were a bunch of other looking nobodies that Xemnas turned into dusks. We're told he can do that but never see it happen.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I guess to some extent this may already be implied, but I like to think that Destiny Islands' shore stands directly opposite to the Dark Margin shore. If SRK really had taken out the raft and somehow managed to survive on it long enough, that's where they would've ended up. I also sometimes imagine that the same Destiny Islands ocean is so vast that at some point it becomes more diffuse than water and merges with the Ocean Between. In other words, Destiny Islands is literally at the edge of the entire known KH universe.

Soldier

Awards
I guess to some extent this may already be implied, but I like to think that Destiny Islands' shore stands directly opposite to the Dark Margin shore. If SRK really had taken out the raft and somehow managed to survive on it long enough, that's where they would've ended up. I also sometimes imagine that the same Destiny Islands ocean is so vast that at some point it becomes more diffuse than water and merges with the Ocean Between. In other words, Destiny Islands is literally at the edge of the entire known KH universe.
Kind of a terrifying thought when you think about it, as the Dark Margin is implied to be very deep into the ROD (in other words, even shadows are stronger there). Imagine if they actually did set sail on the raft and arrived there, only to be swarmed with no real way to defend themselves.

Back