• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your Reaction To KH3 Ending?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I just found the ending flat tbh. Sora maybe killing himself to save Kairi is something I already saw happen in KH1. It's not like Sora's character development throughout the story has lead him to the point where he is willing to give up his own life to save someone he cares about. I imagine that was the heart-wrenching Nomura was trying to get at and yea it sucked Sora is not there but it did not make me more excited for the sequel games.

allenleonardo

Awards
I like it but it was weird. Sora sacrificed himself to save Kairi and his friends are having fun on the beach, like nothing bad had happened to him. These homies aren't loyal.

I think that is the only part about the ending that I truly disliked. If he is there and they party (because somehow he does not disappear right away) then why not let him be part of it? Would Sora really just stay with Kairi all alone while the rest ist having fun? Would Kairi be fine with that? And if they only come at the end (which makes sense with Donalds reaction) then why even make a party at all? Did nobody take Mickeys words serious?

In the end I have made my peace with Soras sacrifice because at the end he disappeared because of him changing the fate of the whole universe and not only thanks to Kairi (which is at least how I interpret it...since he kinda changed the fate of millions of people)

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
I think that is the only part about the ending that I truly disliked. If he is there and they party (because somehow he does not disappear right away) then why not let him be part of it? Would Sora really just stay with Kairi all alone while the rest ist having fun? Would Kairi be fine with that? And if they only come at the end (which makes sense with Donalds reaction) then why even make a party at all? Did nobody take Mickeys words serious?

It's up to interpretation. I don't think Kairi is there in the beginning. Everyone is having fun on the beach and then Kairi comes out and sits on Paopu Fruit Tree. In that moment everyone looks to her and imagines Sora is right there next to her (including Kairi), which only makes her tear up because he isn't actually there. It's a illusion that fades into reality. I don't think he disappeared in that moment. He never came back.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I thought it was dope. I liked the fact that there was a price to pay for Sora being so reckless. I feel like if he just circumvented all of the consequences, KH3 would've been even MORE "Shonen", and I like how they did it a lot. DDD even alluded to how dangerous the Power of Waking was and just how dangerous falling even deeper and deeper can be. That's why Young Xehanort sees him after The Final World, and he's like "You're at it again?? You're gonna die, my guy."

Personally for me, I don't really care if the ending was sequel bait, because I knew full and well the series wasn't going to end here anyway AND because there's only so much they can put into an entry before it gets so bloated. Certain things would have to be touched on in the future, so to me, this is no different than watching One Piece's Whole Cake Island arc end and wait for Wano to start (even though I'm currently catching up in the manga, but that's not the point).

Idunno, I'm probably gonna be 85 in a nursing home still playing Kingdom Hearts with old Kendrick Lamar albums playing in the background, so I don't even care lmao. Crazier the ride, the better.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
The secret ending also made me dislike the ending more. All that talk about Kairi being the sole reason that Sora’s alive(which is BS) but yet she’s nowhere in the secret ending. They shared the stupid fruit, why isn’t she wherever or whenever Sora and Riku are?

Either you commit to it or you don’t. It ain’t that hard.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I was mostly placid while watching the ending. Even Sora disappearing didn’t bother me because of course they’re not going to kill off the main character.* I thought it was well-done, overall, especially the choice to use the Hikari orchestra version before “Don’t Think Twice.” My favorite parts were the night scene at Disney Castle, which was gorgeous, and then Isa on the tower with Lea and seeing all their new outfits.

* His disappearance actually made me happy because I’m assuming the next game (probably a spin-off) will revolve around Sora and Riku, which will make up for Riku getting less to do in KH3 than in the past.

redcrown

Awards
Sum-up of the strongest emotion I felt watching the ending of Kingdom Hearts 3: Done

I felt too irritated, confused, and honestly betrayed to feel much positive emotion in an ending that was supposed to pull at my heartstrings. I already gave up on caring about the story entirely when the Kairi "death" happened (I honestly laughed at how terrible the writing was at that part), and for Nomura to use it as a cheap plot device so Sora could "sacrifice" himself for her and not properly end the saga without any cliffhangers just had me at peak exasperation. After that was just confusion as to why Sora started disappearing on the beach instead of Kairi, or how exchanging your "heart" for another even works in the KH universe.

To add to the irritation, the fact that the catalyst for all of this was an unbelievable and paper thin shallow romance felt like a final punch in the gut.

On the brighter side though, I still felt genuinely excited and hyped when watching the secret ending in not-Shibuya.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Shibuya is all I’m happy about from the ending because it means more Riku and Sora time and also another wacky non-numbered game which are my favorite games in the series.

I think I’ve come to accept that mainline KH games besides KH1 are just not my cup of tea. KH2 and KH3, despite having fond memories of playing them, are both vastly disappointing to me in terms of story progression and continuity. At least I can blame a lot of what I dislike on Nojima in KH2 since he was still the script writer and would implement Nomura’s ideas and Nojima consulted on the ending in KH3 so I can also blame him partially for that 8D

Edited. This is what I get for typing with one eye open while falling asleep haha

Last edited:
Awards
I wouldn't say I hate it I think the idea of Sora disappearing is meant to be character build up for the other characters think about it most of the characters are people Sora has literally tried helped them.

Since KH1 Sora was determined to bring Riku back to the Island, KHCOM Sora literally rescued Namine from Marluxia, Almost ever adventure Sora had rescued Kairi, KH3 was Sora literally trying to bring back Roxas, Terra, Aqua, & Ventus and even reunited trios together such as Roxas, Lea, & Xion and Ventus, Terra, & Aqua.

Sora dissapearing is more likely going to be character growth with them returning the favor and helping Sora. Besides something tells me Sora isn't alone after all maybe he might meet up with Ava and the other fourtellers or use that wild card luxord has.

allenleonardo

Awards
It's up to interpretation. I don't think Kairi is there in the beginning. Everyone is having fun on the beach and then Kairi comes out and sits on Paopu Fruit Tree. In that moment everyone looks to her and imagines Sora is right there next to her (including Kairi), which only makes her tear up because he isn't actually there. It's a illusion that fades into reality. I don't think he disappeared in that moment. He never came back.

You are right that could have also happened. At the same time we see him having his hand on hers. Is that also only her imagination? But that would leave the question: Why would they even party?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
You are right that could have also happened. At the same time we see him having his hand on hers. Is that also only her imagination? But that would leave the question: Why would they even party?
Maybe they somehow knew Sora and Kairi were returning soon, so wanted to get everyone together to welcome them back?

Zach2

Seeing Sora vanished in front of Kairi was heartbreaking. But after seeing that he’s alright in the secret ending, I’m just really hoping hoping that he will find his way back home so that he will reunite with Kairi and that they will finally be together in the future.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Shibuya is all I’m happy about from the ending because it means more Riku and Sora time and also another wacky non-numbered game which are my favorite games in the series.

I think I’ve come to accept that mainline KH games besides KH1 are just not my cup of tea. KH2 and KH3, despite having fond memories of playing them, are both vastly disappointing to me in terms of story progression and continuity. At least I can blame a lot of what I dislike on Nojima in KH2 since he was still the script writer and would implement Nomura’s ideas and Nojima consulted on the ending in KH3 so I can also blame him partially for that 8D

Edited. This is what I get for typing with one eye open while falling asleep haha
To be fair, there have been more side games than numbered titles, so the general vibe of the KH series has been pretty skewed. If people played only BbS, 0.2, KH1 and KH2, you would think that Aqua would have had a HUGE role in KH3. If people played KH1, KH2, Days and Coded, they may feel like Roxas should have been a huge part of KH3.

I feel like Nomura should take this fresh start to establish some consistency in what we should expect in a KH game and more clearly define who is a main character or not. He shot himself in the foot purposefully building Kairi up and then doing nothing with her in KH3 except kill her (then save her at the end via Sora's sacrifice). If Nomura doesn't think Kairi is a main character, then he should stop building her up that way and just let her be love interest in the distance. Same goes for other characters like Terra, Xion, Roxas etc.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I wouldn't say I hate it I think the idea of Sora disappearing is meant to be character build up for the other characters think about it most of the characters are people Sora has literally tried helped them.

Since KH1 Sora was determined to bring Riku back to the Island, KHCOM Sora literally rescued Namine from Marluxia, Almost ever adventure Sora had rescued Kairi, KH3 was Sora literally trying to bring back Roxas, Terra, Aqua, & Ventus and even reunited trios together such as Roxas, Lea, & Xion and Ventus, Terra, & Aqua.

Sora dissapearing is more likely going to be character growth with them returning the favor and helping Sora. Besides something tells me Sora isn't alone after all maybe he might meet up with Ava and the other fourtellers or use that wild card luxord has.

To me the person who needs the character development of having a journey to save Sora is Kairi. I mean Roxas/Xion basically killed themselves to help revive Sora and Riku has already been on 2 separate stories to save Sora (In Days/early KH2 and DDD) so I am not sure he will really benefit from saving Sora again other than just more screen time.

So I am not confident that Sora "disappearing" will lead to more character development for others given what I saw in KH3. Nomura will probably still find a way to make the next sub-game Sora centric. But maybe I am just a pessimist.

Awards
To me the person who needs the character development of having a journey to save Sora is Kairi. I mean Roxas/Xion basically killed themselves to help revive Sora and Riku has already been on 2 separate stories to save Sora (In Days/early KH2 and DDD) so I am not sure he will really benefit from saving Sora again other than just more screen time.

So I am not confident that Sora "disappearing" will lead to more character development for others given what I saw in KH3. Nomura will probably still find a way to make the next sub-game Sora centric. But maybe I am just a pessimist.
It's possible I mean it may be more a development for Kairi. Plus Sora dissapearing makes sense since in the first game Sora had to travel to other worlds to find Riku and Kairi. In Kairi's case it may be in reverse she is gonna go on a quest.

Incedentally if that is the case if Kairi has two female Disney Characters travels with her. What two disney characters do you think Sora will travel with. You can also say a disney character who hasn't appeared in Kingdom Hearts Yet.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
It's possible I mean it may be more a development for Kairi. Plus Sora dissapearing makes sense since in the first game Sora had to travel to other worlds to find Riku and Kairi. In Kairi's case it may be in reverse she is gonna go on a quest.

Incedentally if that is the case if Kairi has two female Disney Characters travels with her. What two disney characters do you think Sora will travel with. You can also say a disney character who hasn't appeared in Kingdom Hearts Yet.

Does she need traveling companions? So far Aqua/Ven/Terra/Riku and Roxas(kinda) basically explore the world without a set group with them. I think it's more likely it's just a Sora thing.

Awards
Does she need traveling companions? So far Aqua/Ven/Terra/Riku and Roxas(kinda) basically explore the world without a set group with them. I think it's more likely it's just a Sora thing.

Good point also I just realized Sora dissapeared in Shibuya, but I do believe one of Sora's old friends is there to Cloud.

Recall Cloud dissapeared the same way as Sora did.

Both glowed after they vanished, infront of their love intrest while going through an epic battle.

Although if that is the case then that means Sora's got to worry about Sepheroth since he dissapeared also.

Back