• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your thoughts about the Dreamcast.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

riku0147

Awards
I was just wondering what you people think about the Dreamcast or your favorive games or if you still even have one.

I personally think that it was way ahead of its time, since it pioneered online console gaming. My favorive game was Sonic Adventure 2 and I still have mine working to this day.

180px-Dreamcast_logo_svg.png
250px-Dreamcast-set-orange.png

In case you don't know, the SEGA Dreamcast, the last of SEGA's consoles, was widely hailed as ahead of its time, and is still held in high regard for pioneering online console gaming, but almost completely forgotten after the PS2 was released.

riku0147

Awards
I know! That's what makes me mad. I can just imagine if SEGA wouldn't have spent so much time on the Saturn, SEGA would still be makin consoles

S

Shadow Soldier

I remember playing Crazy Taxi I think it was on it. Something like that. It was fun, the only bad thing, was the space in the middle of the controller that didn't really do anything, and of course, the controller itself was too fucking big.

Also, the great thing about the Dreamcast, you can still buy one, and just burn it's games to a cd and you got the games. ILLEGAL PLAYING FOR THE WIN! Also the online was pretty cool.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
The Dreamcast is dead...says so on Time magazine.

ONLY IN AMERICA!!

S

Shadow Soldier

How can it be dead if games were just released for it this year?

Rorschach

I got one from my friend and I really like a few games (Jet Grind Radio, Sonic adventure 1 and 2 etc.) It a few really good sleeper hits on it.

I also started burning games for it recently but so far I've only burnt one (Half Life) and I have two others on my comp at the moment (Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Ikaruga) but they are both too large for a normal CD-R so how can I fit them on it?

ONIZO201

My opinion on the console:The Dreamcast back when it was released was a amazing console for it's time, and compared to the PS2 back then I felt the Dreamcast was a superior console at least when it came to graphics at least.

However in the end, a few more better games were on the PS2, not to mention it was capable of playing DVDS too and it was cheaper than a real dvd player at the time which also contributed to the dreamcast's unfortunate unfair downfall at least in the states...

My favorite games for the system were Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Shenmue 1 and 2,Skies of Arcadia, and the Sakura Taisen games.

P.S. I would like to know what new games have come out for the Dreamcast, I keep hearing that games are still being released for it in other countries but I haven't seen any games supporting this at all so would anyone be willing to show some proof?

XenonSovereign

The End Boss of KHInsider
Dreamcast is great. Created what we have today.

Online Gameplay
Video Game Webcam (like the PlayStation Eye)
Internet
Sonic Adventure.

And the controller was great for football games. I can make a play w/o the other player seeing.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Actually the controller paved the way to the Xbox controller if you think about it.

MarthX

Dreamcast was fun, I'd say. It gave me SoulCalibur, Skies of Arcadia, Power Stone/Power Stone 2, and Grandia II. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back