• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

General ► Your thoughts on talk show hosts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AegisXIII

Awards
I was looking for a talk show to watch for pure entertainment and I realized that they weren't many left that I enjoy.
I never thought about it that much, but I think that most talk show hosts have become sad, serious and preachy. They used to make me laugh, now I feel they simply cover the news, while adding one or two jokes as an excuse to make a political statement. Maybe I got old or I do not remember right, but everywhere I look, I see Colbert telling us that republicans are stupid, Trevor Noah telling us that republicans are racist and John Oliver telling us that republicans are stealing money. The point is not whether it's true or not. The point is that it is not fun, depressing and makes me want to watch something else.

The only one I think is still making me laugh with no politics involved is Conan.

Am I the only one? Who do you guys watch? Do you still watch them or have you all switch to podcasts? XD

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I thought Conan ended this year?

I haven't watched Daily Show since Jon Stewart left. No offense to Trevor Noah, he's just too much of a lightweight. I think the only one of those comedy shows I watch is Samantha Bee. I think only shows like Ellen, The Kelly Clarkson Show, The Drew Barrymore Show, and The Talk are pure "entertainment" shows with little or no politics. I adore Kelly Clarkson, but I've never been able to get into late night shows or fluff talkshows, personally. I could never get myself to watch those kinds of things every day. Of late shows, the one I'd probably say I liked the most was Craig Ferguson although he's not been on for a long time. I like Jimmy Kimmel a lot, although (again) I rarely watch night shows. Sometimes I'll check out James Corden's Carpool Karaoke segments on YouTube.

My favorite personalities on TV have been Joan Rivers on Fashion Police before she passed away and Joy Behar on The View, tbh. Oh, I used to watch The Soup every week, too, back when Joel McHale was there. I wish he'd do that show again, but I know he probably doesn't want to go backwards in his career. He was so funny though. If we were to talk about news hosts, I'd say the only station I really bother with is MSNBC. Love Ari Melber, Joy Reid, Nicolle Wallace, and Rachel Maddow. (And regular commentators they have on like Claire McCaskill, James Carville, and Steve Kornacki, too.)

D

Deleted member 246005

I mostly stream or watch YouTube so I just binge a few clips during the day. I do watch Late Night talk shows but it's just a segment I'm curious about. Like I'd find an interview with Ethan Hawke because I'm curious about his new movie etc.

Back