• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your view on age and gaming up to a certain age

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sally-boiii

Awards
Disclaimer: This is in no way meant to be a jab at anyone who is a gamer and is older than me, nor is to meant to get people to reconsider how they feel about gaming at this point in time.

What's up KHI fam? I was wondering how you guys feel about gaming up to a certain age. Because lately I have been getting this pretentious notion in my head that when I hit a certain age, I should stop gaming and frankly I don't want that to happen, because (you know) they're pretty dang fun! lol. But I was thinking that when I get older, life is going to hit and that's going to somewhat necessitate my not gaming anymore because "I'd be too old", but not exactly because responsibility would require me to stop; or someone's going to try to judge me into not doing it anymore, etc.

I guess I'm kind of asking for advice, and also everybody's perspective on this.

I appreciate any and all feedback.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
If it's something you enjoy I don't see why you feel you should have to give it up as you get older. If you still enjoy it when you're older, tahn continue to do it. I mean, you don't really see people telling others that they can't watch movies and shows or read books just because they're older now. Now games by and large are expensive and time consuming affairs, so I can see that being a reason why someone may game less as they get older, but that's a different thing from feeling like you /should/ give it up just because you're older. If it's something you enjoy doing and that brings joy into your life, I wouldn't give it up just for an arbitrary reason. Not to say that the same types of games might still appeal to you, but gaming is large -- there is far more on offer than just what the AAA industry provides, too, that you may find yourself drifting towards.

But yeah, basically, if it's something you enjoy and you can afford it (both financially and in respect to time) then I don't see why you'd have to give it up, regardless of age.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I mean, do what comes naturally. You'll probably game less, but if it's something you actually enjoy I don't see why you'd stop? Older people don't stop watching TV, reading books, going to the movies, watching sports, playing sports or partaking in any other entertainment. Games shouldn't be any differemt

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I'm sure I'll be gaming as long as my hands move. I'm studying to become a game graphic so it might be a natural part of my job anyway, but even if not I don't see why I wouldn't. My mom is 50+ and still games as much as always, she's the one who got me into it too, so yeah. I personally don't understand why being older and gaming would have... any problems? I just don't see the issue. What people of certain ages are "supposed to" do and not do is a social construct, it's just what we've been told and what we see around us. If I want to play my Pokemon games at the age of 60 no one is going to stop me.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
It's basically in my blood. My mom always loved games like Spyro the Dragon or Crash Bandicoot and my father played stuff like God of War when I was younger. I'll forever play video games and I don't mind at all. <3

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I won't say how old I am, but I'm basically old enough to be a lot of you guys's mother and I still <3 games. Especially rpgs.

That said, you don't have to stop. Adult responsibilities might end up cutting into game time, but organize that time and you'll be okay.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I'm only 81 14, but I still think I can tell ya my opinion about this:
You are never too old for anything. Whether it's books, watching TV, watching "children shows", or playing games etc.
You're never too old as long as you enjoy what you do.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm only 81 14, but I still think I can tell ya my opinion about this:
You are never too old for anything. Whether it's books, watching TV, watching "children shows", or playing games etc.
You're never too old as long as you enjoy what you do.

Except for sitting in the shopping cart. Believe me, at some point in life, it just doesn't work anymore.......... >:

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Except for sitting in the shopping cart. Believe me, at some point in life, it just doesn't work anymore.......... >:

Nooo why did you have to remind about that, I loved it as a kid D: It was a sad time when I couldn't do it anymore. Almost as sad as when I got too tall to ride my favorite ride in the local carnival.

TheKeybasHKey

Awards
To be honest, I feel I shoulden´t play a certain type of videogames... Especially if you use toys.

Also not very gaming but it´s wrong to play with toys and you´re 20 years old.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
As a 22 year old male I think you can do whatever you like and makes you happy. Except hanging out at little league games when you don't have a kid. That's creepy

D

Deleted member 36435

i used to play games like 12 hours a day and figured i'd game forever until i'm old and broken
now i get paid to game and its fuckign SHIT

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm 22 and still love video games, but I personally found that the times I can play have dropped substantially. Between university, work and social life, gaming takes a lower priority. I'll still play at night for maybe an hour or so, but it really isn't for long now. That being said, when I have time off and nothing to do? You bet your ass I'm going to pick up a controller/handheld and blast through a game. But that really hasn't been the case for the last 2 months now.

Once Final Fantasy lands, I hope to devote a good chunk of time to that. But it means planning around uni submissions and nights out.

Rix

:)
Awards
I'm 22 and still love video games, but I personally found that the times I can play have dropped substantially. Between university, work and social life, gaming takes a lower priority. I'll still play at night for maybe an hour or so, but it really isn't for long now. That being said, when I have time off and nothing to do? You bet your ass I'm going to pick up a controller/handheld and blast through a game. But that really hasn't been the case for the last 2 months now.

Once Final Fantasy lands, I hope to devote a good chunk of time to that. But it means planning around uni submissions and nights out.
Oh trust me, you will have even less time to play when you get older and if you're gonna have kids and stuff.

My opinion is that gaming is a hobby, and you can play games as long as you enjoy it and can make time for it. I'll probably play games until I'm old and senile, but it isn't my top priority anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back