• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yozora is actually important. He really is.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
While I'm sure everyone is excited for organization 13 battles, guardians of light, and kairi battle, Yozora is actually my main focus.

I'm super excited to see what role he plays.

I can't wait to see yozora in action.

okhi12

Awards
I wish I'm wrong, but I think Yozora will be nothing more than a tease this time. I don't mean that he appearing won't have a deep meaning, but it's not likely that they will elaborate on him much until the next game(s).

I wonder how Nomura will implement the unfulfilled ideas he mentioned he had for Versus XIII in Kingdom Hearts and the story of Yozora and not-Stella, but ReMind won't have room for anything like that with all the content it already has. If there's an expanded secret ending, it may hint about that.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
He is totally an alternate version of Sora. The fact that they say the same speech if just further proof of that.

I agree with okhi12 that Re:MIND will just tease his role for the next game. But I'm super excited for that as well

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I'll go on record saying this, but... Yeah, I was totally wrong about Yazora just being purely conceptual in that secret ending. Everyone who told me so is free to rub it in my face, lol.

Still have zero clue how that makes logical sense with what we've seen in Toy Box, but at this point, I just don't care anymore.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'll go on record saying this, but... Yeah, I was totally wrong about Yazora just being purely conceptual in that secret ending. Everyone who told me so is free to rub it my face, lol.

Still have zero clue how that makes logical sense with what we've seen in Toy Box, but at this point, I just don't care anymore.
Probably that whole worldline concept Spockanort mentioned. What is a common video game in one world could be an actual world in an parallel universe. Since Sora has seen the Veruem Rex cover in Galaxy Toys I'm sure he will be as confused as we are, lol

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Probably that whole worldline concept Spockanort mentioned. What is a common video game in one world could be an actual world in an parallel universe. Since Sora has seen the Veruem Rex cover in Galaxy Toys I'm sure he will be as confused as we are, lol
This'll be the only saving grace for me. I want Sora's "WTF?!?!" reaction to be grand.

Nukara

Awards
And Yozora is also very similar to Riku. (Sora also mentioned this)
He is some kind of hybrid Sora and Riku. lol

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I wish I'm wrong, but I think Yozora will be nothing more than a tease this time. I don't mean that he appearing won't have a deep meaning, but it's not likely that they will elaborate on him much until the next game(s).

I wonder how Nomura will implement the unfulfilled ideas he mentioned he had for Versus XIII in Kingdom Hearts and the story of Yozora and not-Stella, but ReMind won't have room for anything like that with all the content it already has. If there's an expanded secret ending, it may hint about that.
Noctis in Versus XIII originally had a near-death experience that let him see the spirits of the dead, yes? If where Yozora and Sora are is the Last World then this could be why Yozora is there.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
My guess the Wild Card will factor into him getting out of Shibuya.
Good point. Then I imagine Sora will be placed in a hopeless scenario where he is taught the value of his life and how being reckless can lead to his own demise.

Then I imagine the Wildcard will play as his Deus "Excape" Maquina.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Noctis in Versus XIII originally had a near-death experience that let him see the spirits of the dead, yes? If where Yozora and Sora are is the Last World then this could be why Yozora is there.
What's interesting is that Stella also had a near death experiance that let her see the spirits of the dead as well. He might be in the Final World searching for her Verum Rex counterpart. That could tie somehow into Kairi who died and will come back to life.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Yozora being important was pretty much a given, because only major characters appear in secret endings.

Not only KH3 secret ending is named after him but he appears on it along with Sora the protagonist, Riku the deuteragonist and MoM the mastermind of everything. And since Verum Rex is the embodiment of Nomura's frustration for what happened with FF Versus XIII, I expect him to be a really cool character. In fact, he's the one I'm looking forward the most in the next saga!

As for his role in ReMind as some users already said, don't expect much because it will be a just a teaser for the next game. But hopefully we will get a great boss battle, at least.

Ezroz

That's my line of thinking too. His appearance here can only really be considered a tease at best to explain the ending Nomura worked so very hard to hide until the last minute. If it even elaborates on that, which I'm not sure it will tbh.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I honestly just wish he had a different design to him then just looking like a hybrid of Sora and Riku (especially Riku). Just feels a little redundant to me and takes away the cool aspect of his character design but I guess I'll have to try to mentally get over that somehow.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
What's interesting is that Stella also had a near death experiance that let her see the spirits of the dead as well. He might be in the Final World searching for her Verum Rex counterpart. That could tie somehow into Kairi who died and will come back to life.

"The legend stated that whenever Etro opens the Unseen Gate, the souls of the dead ascend as a streak of light to the heavens and through the Gate. When few among the dying see the light, they are given power from the Kingdom of the Dead. Stella stated she can see the light, as could Noctis." - From the FF Wiki

So when Noct and Stella had their near-death experience and survived, they were given power. This is implied to be both their Armigers and the ability to see the light of expiring souls.

Let's say Yozora = Versus XIII Noctis for the sake of the discussion. If that's the route we're going with, Versus XIII's lore could easily be implemented into Kingdom Hearts. Kingdom Hearts is said to be the brightest Light in existence, so bright that people fought over the light (from what the old fairy tale says). And we know Xehanort tried both in BBS and KH3 to access Kingdom Hearts in order for his own gain. Well... Since we don't know what it actually is besides "light" , what if somehow seeing the light from Kingdom Hearts itself grants you a certain ability? Or interacting with it somehow? Especially since in a way, Kingdom Hearts could very well be a non-conscious deity.

And, it seems that when people die, they get sent back to Kingdom Hearts (I'm not sure about this, I need to double check) -- similar to how in an early Versus trailer, you could see the light of an expiring soul going to the Unseen Gate. If that's the case, you could pretty much swap out Etro for the Kingdom Hearts moon and there's not much of a difference. And if The Final World is a place of purgatory for those who still hold on, maybe somehow The Final World and Kingdom Hearts are connected. Not necessarily the same location, but... Maybe similar in some ways, or the function of The Final World correlates with Kingdom Hearts itself.

Up until the Secret Ending, we were under the assumption that Yozora was a fictional character in a video game in Toy Box. But with the Secret Ending and the new trailer, there's more to it that's going on. Yozora also doesn't have the typical look of someone that belongs in the usual KH Universe, he looks like a character straight out of a Final Fantasy game. Somehow though, he and Sora are meeting in a place that seems to be The Final World, but darker (which implies time is a thing here). If Yozora is looking for his "Stella" in The Final World, and he's able to meet Sora somehow... Another idea I have is, what if The Final World is a place where jumping to different worldlines occur? And that's why Ven's Chirithy is there?

Plus, Chirithy did mention that Sleep and Death are closely intertwined, and in KHX, we didn't get to the Unchained Realm until Player was seemingly dying (or just losing consciousness due to exhaustion) in the Keyblade Graveyard, and the Unchained Realm is apparently the Realm of Sleep (I think). So maybe the key to crossing worldlines is via Sleep or Death.

Tying it back to Versus XIII, Noctis would sleep a lot and his dreams were linked to a completely different reality with real-world ramifications. Platinum Demo for FFXV comes to mind, when Noctis as a child lost consciousness due to being mortally wounded, and Carbuncle had to guide him to Noctis's safe place (the Regalia) in order to wake up. And, Lucis is a kingdom that reveres death (in v.XIII they even had reaper motifs), Insomnia obviously being related to sleep in name.

So, if Yozora is supposed to be "Noctis" (again, for the sake of the discussion lol), maybe him appearing in The Final World is because he's either sleeping or like you said, he's searching for "Stella" (her Verum Rex counterpart) after sacrificing himself somehow. Or another possibility, he has the ability to reach The Final World with his powers at will, and maybe his different colored eye plays a part in it somehow (lol Rinnegan). He's looking for "Stella", hears someone's voice (Sora's in the trailer, because he's calling out to someone in The Final World), and ends up seeing Sora.

All of this is a huge stretch, but I feel like a lot of the Versus XIII references in KH3 are done for a reason (besides the justified salt lmao). If nothing else though, there's clearly enough of Versus XIII material (that was made public knowledge) that could easily be repurposed into Kingdom Hearts. Other than the reaper worship and the blood you'd see in some of the trailers, most of it could definitely be a game that fits within the franchise. Or, it'd be the first KH game rated T for Teen. Either way, I think it can be done.

SS501

Awards
Imo here is how the chronological order of Yozora events goes.

Verum Rex "trailer" - Yozora, Aegis and Magia fight to save notStella, but some kind of gate opens that destroys the entire city (we see this partially at the start of the trailer, the city is slowly getting absorbed in some kind of magical whirlpool).

Remind Yozora appearance - This is directly after the events of the trailer. Yozora gets absorbed by the whirlpool along with the city OR does something to save the city and his friends that rewrites reality or breaks similar rules and so ends up in the same place as Sora.

Yozora secret ending - This is after whatever happens in Remind. Yozora is at alternate Shinjuku looking for a way out. This is where he will probably meet with Riku who somehow found his way in there to save Sora.

Now as to what kind of place the space Sora and Yozora meet is.

The End of the World - Is the place where worlds that have lost their hearts go. You can think of it as a graveyard for dead worlds.

The Final World - This is the realm between life and death, this is where hearts of people go just before they cease to exist. This place also has remnants of hearts that have strong attachments and can't pass on so they just stay there in limbo unable to pass on.

The Final World (Night) - This is where Yozora and Sora meet. Now my theory is that this place is still the Final World but its opposite side. You can think of it like "The dark side of the moon" meaning this place is still the Final World but serves a different purpose which is why it's always night. The normal Final World is where hearts that have died or are close to dying go before they pass on, so the dark Final World might be where hearts that have broken rules and are erased by the rules of the universe go, to pass on to an entirely different dimension/universe.

In short
Daylight Final world - hearts of the dead people go there, then they move on (to kingdom hearts? to heaven? idk)

Night Final World - This is where hearts of people who have been completely erased from their physical plane by the universe itself end up and they probably pass on to an entirely different reality.

As to why Sora and Yozora say the same exact line from KH1. This can be explained as Yozora being Sora from a parallel universe. This would make Magia a parallel universe Donald, Aegis a parallel universe Goofy and notStella a parallel universe Kairi.

Maybe in Verum Rex similar events as Kingdom Hearts play out but in a more Final Fantasy influenced world while Kingdom Hearts itself is those events but in a more Disney influenced world.

This is also in line with Nomura saying Noctis (Caelum) was made to be the opposite of Sora which is why he was named Night Sky which is the same name as Yozora.

Alternatively a less convoluted but similar theory is that Yozora's world is a parallel universe KH and its Final World operates in the same way as the KH3 Final world but because it's a parallel universe everything is opposite, so instead of day it's night and Sora after vanishing found himself in that universe/worldline's Final World, so his heart is in limbo in the parallel universe's final world where he meets Yozora who is also probably dead/in limbo after his city is destroyed. So for Yozora Night Final World is how Final World should be, unlike Sora's sunny Final World.

Sarius

Awards
What if Yozura is the MoM? 🤔🤔🤔
That was a joke. However, I don't think he's an alternate version of Sora because I feel that's too obvious an answer. I honestly don't know how to feel about him because the idea feels so extremely wild and out of nowhere. I don't mean that in a bad way. Just extremely unexpected to where I don't know how to feel or how he can fit into the story. I'm very interested to see where this all goes.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
What if Yozura is the MoM? 🤔🤔🤔
That was a joke. However, I don't think he's an alternate version of Sora because I feel that's too obvious an answer. I honestly don't know how to feel about him because the idea feels so extremely wild and out of nowhere. I don't mean that in a bad way. Just extremely unexpected to where I don't know how to feel or how he can fit into the story. I'm very interested to see where this all goes.
He could be some Worldline's version of Sora. Sora is an unique individual, but that doesn't mean that each Worldline doesn't have its version of a "Sora". I concur with Spock's notion that it's possible that the MoM is gathering exceptional individuals from different Worldlines.

Back