• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yozora, Sora, and another Sora

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nanelle

I was just rewatching the scene where Yozora and Sora meet. I don't know if this theory had been posted, but here goes:
First, Yozora mentions he looks different. He's familiar with body and hearts changing, probably memories too, to an extent.
Second, when our Sora identifies himself, Yozora thinks he recognizes him and then thinks he has to save him through fighting. Here's the inquiry: what if Yozora thinks our guy is actually a different Sora?
I'm pretty sure Sora can also be a girl's name on Japanese (because of Digimon season 1). Yozora is used to body switching and rearrangements. Thus, he could believe the girl Sora from his world is who he is fighting.
If she really was taken in that portal thing we saw in the opener for You Story, he could believe she was changed up into the Sora we've known for almost twenty years. Since his Sora has been screwed up, in his mind turned into a monster or whatever, he could be trying to save her by crystalizing her for a while until he can do some sort of restoration.
Now, he does say "I've heard of you." That would imply he's never met her.
Could be. Nomura had given us what? Six minutes total with the guy? He could be sarcastic, there could be a history, maybe they only had a couple minor communications, some other explanation. It's Nomura and he probably doesn't know yet.
One last thing to add to my theory: in FF Versus XIII, Noctis and Stella were supposed to be frenemies on opposite sides and lovers. Both Yozora and the Nameless Star, who I believe is agreed upon that she's the girl Yozora knows, believe the other has been switched up internally, forcing them to become enemies.
In short, my theory is that Yozora thinks our Sora is his girl, also named Sora. Their fight is a big misunderstanding that came about by serendipity.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So in other words he's looking for

Sora_%26_Garudamon_902_(DCo).jpg

okhi12

Awards
The girl also being named Sora is a common theory, it would explain why Yozora is familiar with that name. If that's the case, Yozora saying ''I've heard of you'' instead of ''I know you'' is weird, but maybe he's just being extra cautious if he's not sure whether our Sora is the girl he was looking for.

I still think Nameless Star's name should be Hoshi, which is japanese for Star (Stella), just like Yozora is japanese for Night Sky (Noctis Caelum). At least if Nomura is indeed trying to salvage his versus13 concepts for KH/Verum Rex.

I'm not sure if Hoshi fits as a girl name, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 252753

Apart from only saying he's heard of Sora, Yozora also says that he 'was told to save Sora' so the 'Sora' Yozora is looking for may not have any personal connection to him and I am minded to think that's the case personally.

Also, I guess it's possible that the Nameless Star is 'Sora' and Yozora forgot about her and their connection when his heart was changed (the Star suggests something like this to Sora), and that he has been told to find them without Yozora's remembering her. I haven't got a clue though.

At least if Nomura is indeed trying to savage his versus13 concepts for KH/Verum Rex.

I assume you meant to type 'salvage' there but I am not entirely sure lol

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Well, what strikes me as strange about the whole "nameless star is actually named Sora and thats why Yozora knows the name" theory is...didn't Yozora forget about the nameless star character? She says that he forgot about her but if he remembered he would be greatly distressed. So it wouldn't make sense for Yozora to be assuming that Sora is her, even if they both have the same name because he wouldn't remember her?

Maybe I'm missing something but the theory doesn't make sense to me.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm gonna be that guy and suggest that Nomura will go full Versus and name the Nameless Star as Stella. The name pertains to "stellar", and since she's in the Final World, it makes sense.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Yozora could still be going through trials. That's my theory on why he fights Sora. I don't know all the story beats from the dropped Versus XIII game which the Yozora stuff is clearly being adapted from so I'm really in the dark until more info comes. But if the nameless star's name has been forgotten how did Yozora say he's heard of it? Unless something sparked his memory and he's slowly gaining it back?

D

Deleted member 252753

Yozora could still be going through trials. That's my theory on why he fights Sora. I don't know all the story beats from the dropped Versus XIII game which the Yozora stuff is clearly being adapted from so I'm really in the dark until more info comes. But if the nameless star's name has been forgotten how did Yozora say he's heard of it? Unless something sparked his memory and he's slowly gaining it back?
He said he's heard of 'Sora'. He doesn't mention the star at all or anything about this Sora other than that he was told to save them.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
He said he's heard of 'Sora'. He doesn't mention the star at all or anything about this Sora other than that he was told to save them.
I know he doesn't mention the star, he might not even know that person is a star or in the Final World. We don't really have enough information on what's going on. Yozora even says that he doesn't really look like the Yozora standing before Sora. Hey, maybe his real form is actually a nameless star all along.

D

Deleted member 252753

I know he doesn't mention the star, he might not even know that person is a star or in the Final World. We don't really have enough information on what's going on. Yozora even says that he doesn't really look like the Yozora standing before Sora. Hey, maybe his real form is actually a nameless star all along.
Sorry, I misunderstood. Yeah it's very confusing

Awards
Well, what strikes me as strange about the whole "nameless star is actually named Sora and thats why Yozora knows the name" theory is...didn't Yozora forget about the nameless star character? She says that he forgot about her but if he remembered he would be greatly distressed. So it wouldn't make sense for Yozora to be assuming that Sora is her, even if they both have the same name because he wouldn't remember her?

Maybe I'm missing something but the theory doesn't make sense to me.
Same here.

It's rather obvious that Yozora's talking about the guy he's looking at right now.

"You're Sora?"

"I've heard of you."

"I was told to save Sora."

If he meant his GF, he wouldn't be calm about the whole thing, nor would he have to be told to save her.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
So I guess "Sora" really is our Sora and maybe it was Luxord who told him about it.

Speaking of which, since Luxord is from Yozora's word, what if he never left it and experienced everything he did since KH2 via sleeping?
I've theorized that Luxord is spying for Yozora's world. Being in the Organization is like the perfect way to see the world as they patrol and visit several worlds in the shadows and spy on the inhabitants rarely making contact. Luxord wasn't high in ranking but he was in a good position never drawing attention to himself, similar to Demyx. So if he really is a spy for Yozora and reports to him then Yozora's world probably knows quite a bit about Sora.

But your theory on him doing it via sleep is mind blowing. Did he really become a Nobody and lose his heart and do all these actions while asleep? Maybe he isn't a real Nobody as we've seen imitations of Nobodies. I really want to learn more about Luxord.

D

Deleted member 252753

I've theorized that Luxord is spying for Yozora's world. Being in the Organization is like the perfect way to see the world as they patrol and visit several worlds in the shadows and spy on the inhabitants rarely making contact. Luxord wasn't high in ranking but he was in a good position never drawing attention to himself, similar to Demyx. So if he really is a spy for Yozora and reports to him then Yozora's world probably knows quite a bit about Sora.

Luxord being a spy makes total sense. It makes me wonder if he and Yozora might actually be part of a group opposing the MoM. Xigbar really didn't like Luxord asking questions about the Black Box and Luxord talks about reading into his 'opponent's strategy'...

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Luxord being a spy makes total sense. It makes me wonder if he and Yozora might actually be part of a group opposing the MoM. Xigbar really didn't like Luxord asking questions about the Black Box and Luxord talks about reading into his 'opponent's strategy'...
It's funny how different and yet how similar Luxord and Xigbar are now. Both have a lot of mystery surrounding them and both are more then meets the eye. We don't know if Luxord was a former Keyblade wielder or not but he apparently has enough knowledge of one for Xemnas to take interest. Then it's strongly implied that he's from Yozora's world. And even Xigbar doesn't know who he is, despite him knowing more then most.

I like the idea of Yozora running another faction opposite of MoM. Opposing groups lead to interesting and fun dynamics and uneasy alliances. KH could benefit from that seeing as Maleficent has failed to be a opposing faction thus far and is little more then a annoyance to everyone, lol. Poor Maleficent.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Luxord being a spy is possible, seeing as how Xigbar was made to look as a sort of "outsider" from Xehanort's group because of the double agenda he seemed to have and it was revealed that he's actually Luxu. Pairing Luxord with Xigbar in Re:MIND gives the vibe that Luxord also has another agenda. They're both inside a group, but they're overlooking.

But your theory on him doing it via sleep is mind blowing. Did he really become a Nobody and lose his heart and do all these actions while asleep? Maybe he isn't a real Nobody as we've seen imitations of Nobodies. I really want to learn more about Luxord.
It's possible that he experienced everything though sleep. More than sending his consciousness away, he sent his existence by traversing to another Worldline.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Luxord being a spy is possible, seeing as how Xigbar was made to look as a sort of "outsider" from Xehanort's group because of the double agenda he seemed to have and it was revealed that he's actually Luxu. Pairing Luxord with Xigbar in Re:MIND gives the vibe that Luxord also has another agenda. They're both inside a group, but they're overlooking.

It's possible that he experienced everything though sleep. More than sending his consciousness away, he sent his existence by traversing to another Worldline.
It's also interesting to note that Xigbar was high up in the Organization while Luxord was at the bottom, yet both seemed to gain knowledge of things from their positions. Luxord was so off the radar that even Xigbar was caught off guard by him in KH3. Both pretending to not know what is going on playing 'ignorant' or pretending to be a fool. These two have to interact more in future KH games.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It's also interesting to note that Xigbar was high up in the Organization while Luxord was at the bottom, yet both seemed to gain knowledge of things from their positions. Luxord was so off the radar that even Xigbar was caught off guard by him in KH3. Both pretending to not know what is going on playing 'ignorant' or pretending to be a fool. These two have to interact more in future KH games.
Hopefully. They both represent forces beyond our protagonists.

Back