• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yozora's relationship with Sora and Riku.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nukara

Awards
Due to theories that Yozora may be an alternative to Sora, many have not noticed that it also looks like Riku.
In the game itself, Sora mentioned this and also in the secret ending Yozora watched Riku.
This is not a mere coincidence.
Yozora looks like a “child” of Sora and Riku.
There is definitely a connection between the three.
What is your opinion on this?))

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Despite the obvious resemblance to Riku I still feel that he takes more after Sora. From his name to his companions and his relationship with Not Stella. Plus both he and Sora are associated with the crown symbol.

I guess he can be considered an alternate counterpart to both boys.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yeah, he feels like he's a darker counterpart to Sora, which is also kinda what Riku started out as. At the moment there are some parallels between the three of them.

The last trailer really showcased that Yozora and Sora are meant to be connected, most likely foils to each other. Yazora seems more broody and reserved than Sora does.

Nukara

Awards
Yeah, he feels like he's a darker counterpart to Sora, which is also kinda what Riku started out as. At the moment there are some parallels between the three of them.

The last trailer really showcased that Yozora and Sora are meant to be connected, most likely foils to each other. Yazora seems more broody and reserved than Sora does.
You know, after that I really want Yozora and Roxas to meet.
For both of them are alternative versions of Sora.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I just think Yozora is Versus XIII Noctis, but in KINGDOM HEARTS. Whatever role he plays into the story, I don't know. But we can make safe guesses judging by what Nomura couldn't achieve with Versus. Starting by the fact that Yozora has heterochromia (different colored eyes), in some cultures, different colored eyes is "ghost eye": meaning that the person can see the dead in our realm of the living. Maybe Yozora can also access wherever Sora ended up in and is going to rescue him.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I think Yozora is just a hero from his world. His connection with Sora hasn't been invented yet, and is just sequel baiting without yet knowing the connection. Like the black box and Axel/Saix's story before KH3. His connection with Sora and Riku will be written a week before KH4 releases.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
I don't think Yozora is a real fusion. but he definitely seems to be a mix of FF Versus XIII Noctis, Riku, and Sora.

Both Verum Rex and TWEWY may belong to the third worldline Nomura teased months ago and just like TWEWY has its own game, Verum Rex may be a real game in the future.

Yozora and his pals don't seem to be KH characters, but cameos from another universe just like Disney, FF and TWEWY characters are.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I'm not quite convinced Yozora is a fusion. As in, the two of them fused together or something. It's a common theory, but... I'm not on that train yet. One obvious question would be... Why? Another question would then be, how did Yozora get his red eye? Both Sora and Riku's eyes are blue/bluish-green, so naturally you'd expect a fused version of the two to have a similar eye color.

Another thing is, why is Yozora (a video game character in Toy Box) a real person that's showing up in The Final World and in Shinjuku? If Sora and Riku fused and became Yozora, how does that play into it? As a matter of fact, does The Final World apply to ALL Worldlines? Or is it just the one we know?

Yozora means Night Sky, and Sora means Sky, so there's an obvious connection. Similarly, Noctis's full name is Night Sky (or a variation of it), plus the guy looks extremely like Noctis by design. But he also looks like Riku.

I won't say it's impossible that they fused, because there's definitely instances in which characters have fused before. But right now, I'm feeling like he may just be an Alternate Sora counterpart in a different worldline due to the similar names (and the KH1 opening line thing). Magia and Aegis seem to be Yozora's counterparts to Donald and Goofy, so another theory I've seen floating around is that Yozora is from a worldline that's more "realistic" than the one we know about, and Yozora is the protagonist in that universe (which explains why Sora gets confused for Yozora).

But this one I'm not too sure about either, because in the Verum Rex commercial, we don't see Yozora with a Keyblade (but there's a Keyblade patch on his shoulder sleeves).

In the end, there's clearly something there that connects Sora and Riku to Yozora, but of course, there's not really much information out there to say exactly how.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I don't think he's an actual fusion of the two characters, but I could see him be the alternative universe counterpart to both of them. The game has gone out of it's way to draw parallels to both Yazora and Sora as well as between Yazora and Riku.

The lines at the end of the trailer and Yazora and Sora both being main charactes, with names tied to the sky makes it clear they are meant to be connected. I wouldn't even be surprised, if Yazora is who is responsible for Sora ending up in Shibuya.

Right now we don't really know all that much about Yazora and his world. For all we know part of the reason Sora doesn't have his powers anymore is because Yazora's world doesn't have Keyblades.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Perhaps he's from another worldline (aka wherever this Shibuya and Shinjuku are) where they fuse
Like you suggested in another thread, I think Yozora is the "Sora" of his Worldline. If the MoM is truly looking for exceptional individuals in different Worldlines, then each Worldline could have its "Sora".

What would be interesting is if there existed a counterforce to the MoM that were looking for each Worldline's "Xehanort".

Which makes me think that, perhaps, the MoM's plan is to have his All Gazing Eye in a Worldline in order to supervise when that exceptional individual is born. I think that whenever the MoM enters a new Worldline is to supervise whether or not that Worldline's version of Sora exists, and if it doesn't, he wait untils s/he is born.

I think the reason KHx, KH Unchained x and Union Cross happen is because he is trying to find his Worldline's Sora, and it's possible it could be Ephemera, seeing as how he helped Sora with the Heartless Tornado. And if his purpose if that's the case, then the MoM's plan is to gather the power of these "Worldline Rangers" in order to combat whatever it is he is trying to defeat.

D

Deleted member 246005

@FudgemintGuardian
Kairi's the surrogate mother ;).

I wouldn't put it past Nomura to make him a fusion but im hoping for @Ballad of Caius to be right.

Although i like him being a younger version of the Master of Master's.....

Last edited by a moderator:

SS501

Awards
I see we all keep saying Yozora could be Sora from the future or alternate universe etc but what if he is MoM from the past instead?
Maybe the keyblade war MoM was talking about in UX is Verum Rex. He said they didn't exactly have keyblades back then nor were they fighting "heartless" but something different.

Verum Rex could be MoM's original past timeline. Would also explain heterochromia in one eye and Gazing Eye turning red in the latest trailer.

D

Deleted member 246005

I liked it but it's probably unlikely.

I liked the idea of a more optimistic Riku having to inspire amnesiac Sora to have faith again.

Last edited by a moderator:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Like you suggested in another thread, I think Yozora is the "Sora" of his Worldline. If the MoM is truly looking for exceptional individuals in different Worldlines, then each Worldline could have its "Sora".

What would be interesting is if there existed a counterforce to the MoM that were looking for each Worldline's "Xehanort".

Which makes me think that, perhaps, the MoM's plan is to have his All Gazing Eye in a Worldline in order to supervise when that exceptional individual is born. I think that whenever the MoM enters a new Worldline is to supervise whether or not that Worldline's version of Sora exists, and if it doesn't, he wait untils s/he is born.

I think the reason KHx, KH Unchained x and Union Cross happen is because he is trying to find his Worldline's Sora, and it's possible it could be Ephemera, seeing as how he helped Sora with the Heartless Tornado. And if his purpose if that's the case, then the MoM's plan is to gather the power of these "Worldline Rangers" in order to combat whatever it is he is trying to defeat.
I kind of like this idea, maybe each worldline would have it's true Hero of Light or Darkness and Villain Of Darkness/Light. With the one's filling those roles in our universe being Sora and Xehanort. Maybe Yazora is the Hero of Darkness from another Worldline?

Could be interesting if different character form the cast would have roles, and we'd meet their counterparts in another world.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I have a theory, that will probably be wrong but I'm just going to say it:

In the Toy Box World we know that Yozora is a Video Game Character, I was thinking that in Yozora's Universe/World Line - Sora is a Video Game Character.

D

Deleted member 252753

I have a theory, that will probably be wrong but I'm just going to say it:

In the Toy Box World we know that Yozora is a Video Game Character, I was thinking that in Yozora's Universe/World Line - Sora is a Video Game Character.

It's not impossible. In the secret ending you do see a billboard with a Kingdom Hearts crown on it, which, among many other things, could possibly be an advertisement for a Kingdom Hearts game.

Back