• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yozora's relationship with Sora and Riku.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I see we all keep saying Yozora could be Sora from the future or alternate universe etc but what if he is MoM from the past instead?
Maybe the keyblade war MoM was talking about in UX is Verum Rex. He said they didn't exactly have keyblades back then nor were they fighting "heartless" but something different.

Verum Rex could be MoM's original past timeline. Would also explain heterochromia in one eye and Gazing Eye turning red in the latest trailer.
There's also the possibility that the MoM has survived all of these years in order for his past self to be able to travel to the future.

Iustus

Awards
I doubt that Yozora is a fusion of Sora and Riku or some alternative universe stuff. We already have the time travel stuff and adding more diffucult things like that would make it even more confusing.

We know that Yozora means "night sky", Sora simply "sky" and Noctis Lucis Caelum something like "light the night sky". Verum Rex instead can mean "true king" AND thats where I thought of a certain person in the KHverse.

The Master of Masters can be seen as a "true king", since his name says something like that. Plus, he vanished without any trace from the world. Lets say, he went to The Final World.
Yeah, cool. But I remember reading something in the secret reports in KH3. About a true, complete Kingdom Hearts. And that "he" will return.
The MoM has put his eye into the No Name Keyblade. The countless blades were shining red in that new trailer (though its hard to see, its Kairi vs the amoured Xehanort) and Yozora has Blue/Red eyes.
Their voice sound similar to me, if you listen close enough.

The MoM is hooded because Nomura is still unsure about his design, I guess... Or its simply not relevant (yet). But it would be weird if some guy like Yozora, who could be straight out of an FF game, reveal himself as as key character (...key wow) for the future of KH.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I doubt that Yozora is a fusion of Sora and Riku or some alternative universe stuff. We already have the time travel stuff and adding more diffucult things like that would make it even more confusing.

We know that Yozora means "night sky", Sora simply "sky" and Noctis Lucis Caelum something like "light the night sky". Verum Rex instead can mean "true king" AND thats where I thought of a certain person in the KHverse.

The Master of Masters can be seen as a "true king", since his name says something like that. Plus, he vanished without any trace from the world. Lets say, he went to The Final World.
Yeah, cool. But I remember reading something in the secret reports in KH3. About a true, complete Kingdom Hearts. And that "he" will return.
The MoM has put his eye into the No Name Keyblade. The countless blades were shining red in that new trailer (though its hard to see, its Kairi vs the amoured Xehanort) and Yozora has Blue/Red eyes.
Their voice sound similar to me, if you listen close enough.

The MoM is hooded because Nomura is still unsure about his design, I guess... Or its simply not relevant (yet). But it would be weird if some guy like Yozora, who could be straight out of an FF game, reveal himself as as key character (...key wow) for the future of KH.
Although I get the idea of how Yozora can be a Riku/Sora whatever thing, I just think this is Nomura throwing a middle finger to what FFVersus ended up being, especially how Verum Rex meaning "True King", which I don't think has anything to do with the MoM, but rather with Yozora being the true king because Nomura is directly working on him, and I think the Master of Masters is a provisional title until they reveal his name, because the dude is the literal Master of the universe's most powerful wielders: the Foretellers, which they themselves are Keyblade Masters.

ZeVaine

Awards
I think Yozora has a similar talent to Sora - the ability to connect to hearts, even those that are lost.

Just as Ven needed shelter in Sora's heart, so too does Sora's in Yozora's.

I think the actions of Sora in the Toy Story world actually lead to the creation of Yozora's world... which was, at best, a digital world (if it wasn't merely a world made up in a video game) and that connection Sora made, unknowingly, with Yozora - is the start of whatever this new adventure is.

What any of this has to do with the return of the Lost Masters, the black box, and MoM is beyond any understanding at the moment. Unless the intent is to re-do the whole Daybreak Era events, though now that we know what happens after two versions of the Great Keyblade war, perhaps the world can be run "correctly"?

I can't quite fathom anything that's 'simple & clean' after this, but ironically this series hasn't been that since the very first game.

Hirokey123

Awards
I think true to Sora's nature it might Yozora and Sora aren't actually related at all, but rather that Sora being the natural super empathic person he is (feeling and linking hearts when he was just a newborn/originally before he was even born, feeling Anna's pain when she got hit by the ice of elsa even though the two just knew one another for a few minutes, literally absorbing other people's painful memories and holding them inside him as if they were his own) connected to Yozora without even realizing it.

"I've been having these weird thoughts lately" was a line Sora said in the opening that was supposed to be said by someone in-game in an earlier version of the plot for KH1 that Nomura had to drop. Now I wouldn't put it past Nomura to be revisiting this idea with maybe the concept being that back during KH1's time Yozora ended up trapped or in trouble. Sora being the empathic kid he is subconsciously could feel Yozora's need, the two connected, and thus Sora started to get weird thoughts and become a bit disillusioned with reality because Yozora's thoughts and feelings were messing with his own. But Sora has had so many other things muddling the connection, so many other hearts and messes, he hasn't been able to feel Yozora clearly.

Now that Sora has lost all those hearts that didn't belong to him, put to rest all those feelings that weren't his, has grown in understanding the connections between hearts, and has visited the boundaries of pretty much almost every reality we know of, Sora is now able to feel Yozora again, to feel their connection, and after he rescues Kairi he vanishes from this world but his heart leads him to the heart of Yozora who is connected with and that's how Sora ends up in that night time version of TFW where Yozora is. Which is to say Yozora is someone who has been waiting for Sora for a very long time, so Sora can save him and Yozora will take his place as the "True King" piece in the new game.

After all it would make sense Xehanort was a scapegoat, false king, in a lot of ways a false darkness as he was a light who took on the role of darkness because no one else was around to do it. Thus it would make sense that Sora is the same the normal boy who was never meant to be a wielder, a false king to topple a false king, and in a lot of ways a false light as he was just an ordinary boy who took on the role of a light because no one else was there to do it.

I've been thinking a lot about the false light thing in fact because it got my brain ticking and I realized Xehanort and the Organization didn't really make a lot of sense as being true darknesses. Xehanort was a protector of the light in his youth and even though he aged he pretty much was always same kid deep down, Xemnas is emptiness not darkness and AnsemSoD might be a darkness nut but he stands out specifically because even though he's a heartless his heart remained more or less unconsumed. Members 9-12 were all seemingly former dandelions wielders selected because of their strong light and darkness resistance, Xion and Repliku are replicas of lights not darknesses, and then the last were some innocent kids from Radiant Garden and Ansem the Wise's beloved apprentices. Everyone who was a darkness was a goody guy at some point and they had to be twisted and forced into these roles, it wasn't natural, and I think that's maybe what the cloak is symbolic of. They aren't actual darknesses that's why they need those coats to protect them and to disguise themselves, the coat lets them role play.

The real darknesses are the MoM and his apprentices the Foretellers, the Foretellers who I think despite their colorful outfits and upbringing showed their true colors. Being heroes, being good guys, protecting...it was hard for them, it wasn't natural, and that's why these "lights" destroyed the world. Their names being the deadly sins may very well reflect the truth just as the organization was actually a bunch of lights pretending to be darknesses, the Foreteller group are a bunch of darknesses who were trying to be lights. All leading up to this new game where the true lights and true darknesses will clash.

Last edited:

myguyeli

I'm not quite convinced Yozora is a fusion. As in, the two of them fused together or something. It's a common theory, but... I'm not on that train yet. One obvious question would be... Why? Another question would then be, how did Yozora get his red eye? Both Sora and Riku's eyes are blue/bluish-green, so naturally you'd expect a fused version of the two to have a similar eye color.

Another thing is, why is Yozora (a video game character in Toy Box) a real person that's showing up in The Final World and in Shinjuku? If Sora and Riku fused and became Yozora, how does that play into it? As a matter of fact, does The Final World apply to ALL Worldlines? Or is it just the one we know?

Yozora means Night Sky, and Sora means Sky, so there's an obvious connection. Similarly, Noctis's full name is Night Sky (or a variation of it), plus the guy looks extremely like Noctis by design. But he also looks like Riku.

I won't say it's impossible that they fused, because there's definitely instances in which characters have fused before. But right now, I'm feeling like he may just be an Alternate Sora counterpart in a different worldline due to the similar names (and the KH1 opening line thing). Magia and Aegis seem to be Yozora's counterparts to Donald and Goofy, so another theory I've seen floating around is that Yozora is from a worldline that's more "realistic" than the one we know about, and Yozora is the protagonist in that universe (which explains why Sora gets confused for Yozora).

But this one I'm not too sure about either, because in the Verum Rex commercial, we don't see Yozora with a Keyblade (but there's a Keyblade patch on his shoulder sleeves).

In the end, there's clearly something there that connects Sora and Riku to Yozora, but of course, there's not really much information out there to say exactly how.

What if Verum Rex is a game in the toybox world because like in toy story there’s a world of toys in a world of real people so they did that to exemplify the idea of worlds in worlds

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
What if Verum Rex is a game in the toybox world because like in toy story there’s a world of toys in a world of real people so they did that to exemplify the idea of worlds in worlds

One thing that was touched on and never addressed again was that the Toy Box we visited wasn't the "real" Toy Box. The world was split in two. If this is the case, then it makes you wonder how that plays in tandem with Verum Rex because that's the one and only time we ever hear about it during the story. In fact, it being split in two might be a bigger deal than we think it is... Because, in that case, where's the other half of it?

I think this is why the Sleeping Realm theory ended up gaining traction, and I believe there's some truth to it, but I don't think KH3's story overall is in the Sleeping Realm. Something's up with Toy Box though.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I don't think he's an actual fusion of the two characters, but I could see him be the alternative universe counterpart to both of them. The game has gone out of it's way to draw parallels to both Yazora and Sora as well as between Yazora and Riku.

Like you suggested in another thread, I think Yozora is the "Sora" of his Worldline. If the MoM is truly looking for exceptional individuals in different Worldlines, then each Worldline could have its "Sora".

This concept of Yozora is a genius means of soft-rebooting the Kingdom Hearts franchise without eliminating the current canon built.

It can also give us a smart integration to add Marvel and Star Wars worlds more organically if they are visited by an alternate Sora.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
This concept of Yozora is a genius means of soft-rebooting the Kingdom Hearts franchise without eliminating the current canon built.

It can also give us a smart integration to add Marvel and Star Wars worlds more organically if they are visited by an alternate Sora.
I don't think a reboot is necessary. A Yozora spinoff universe could be what the Persona subfranchise is to the Megami Tensei brand: a spinoff so big, it has its own identity.

D

Deleted member 246005

I can't see Sora's influence in Yozara yet. So far he's just Riku with slightly different attire. That might change once we get to actually know him.

It would be funny if he had a rival that took after Sora. I meant more in his personality than looks.

Hopefully Stella II is more distinct than the other female characters we've had so far.

I guess Yozara potentially being an alternate Sora/Riku is a way to adapt the live action remakes. But is that something people really want?

It could be interesting but low priority to me. I rather just get new worlds or sequels to existing ones. Maybe just retool some of the new aspects into a sequel? Like the Witch from Mulan 2020 pops up as a new villian for Mulan to fight?

D

Deleted member 252753

One thing that was touched on and never addressed again was that the Toy Box we visited wasn't the "real" Toy Box. The world was split in two. If this is the case, then it makes you wonder how that plays in tandem with Verum Rex because that's the one and only time we ever hear about it during the story. In fact, it being split in two might be a bigger deal than we think it is... Because, in that case, where's the other half of it?

I think this is why the Sleeping Realm theory ended up gaining traction, and I believe there's some truth to it, but I don't think KH3's story overall is in the Sleeping Realm. Something's up with Toy Box though.

I am not convinced by it all being in the Sleeping Realm, but your description of Toy Box did make me wonder.

You talk about Toy Box being split in two, as we and Sora assume is the case. However Young Xehanort says 'We made a copy of the world', without actually specifying it only being Toy Box.

This is interesting as (from my imperfect recollections) there is more talk of the whole universe as the world rather than separate worlds, in KH3 than previous games. For example:

Ansem in KH1 and Terranort in BBS: 'All worlds begin in darkness'

Master Xehanort in KH3: 'The world began in darkness'

So, I don't think you can definitively rule out that Xehanort split the whole universe in two, not just Toy Box.

Even if you aren't convinced by the language analysis, once you know the bad guys have split one world apart, why not any other world, or multiple worlds?

Back