• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Zack's story

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fagren

Sooooo is Zack dead? I mean where the hell is he or are they going to randomly insert him in the future series.

I would of liked to see kid versions of leons gang than Zack fucking Fair.

Shut the fuck up, Zack is the shit. lettuce

State

Awards
kid versions of squall and co. were thought of, only that it would have been too of a distracting concept to the main story.

Eternal_Sleep

And what does he "represent"?

lol well obviously this is personal opinion but the idea is i once saw FF7 as a master piece. for the longest time i regarded it as not only the best FF game(and i have played most of them) but also as one of the best video games of all time. and to an extent it still is. however with the creation of advent children a few things happened. yes it was visually spectacular but for the most part i didn't like the way the characters were portrayed. originally cloud was upset at aerith's death but not so much that he was crippled by it. however be that as it may, advent children was also the catalysis for the surge of FF7 sequels, prequels and everything in between. by expanding on the FF7 universe far more than any other final fantasy it lost a lot of its mystery which is part of what makes FF7 a great game.

then we come to zack. zack(as well as vincent) were originally minor characters. yes zack's back story is entirely relevant to clouds but on his own as a character he didn't serve much purpose seeing as he is dead before the main plot of the game even begins. in fact one of the most interesting parts of the game is uncovering the truth about his death(this is optional) now not only have we seen his death they have completely fleshed out an entire back story for him. now he has lost all of his mystery.

so zack( along with vincent ) to me represent the industry milking the game for all its worth. on several different forums including this one (as well as monty oum's dead fantasy page) i always see people go "they should put zack in this, they should put zack in that". two examples of this was dissidia and dead fantasy. in both cloud is already involved, and yet they want zack anyways (despite their fighting style being almost exactly the same) and overall i just feel like people have lost sight of the original games but also have completely forgotten the other FF games which were all good in their own right.

its petty i know, i just wish FF7 would go back to what it was but of course thats impossible.

and that is why i hate zack for what he represents.(long enough answer? XD)

xgnarmanx

thts Genesis feather i know tht cause i just finished beating the game a second time last night and his wings were black also i wonder if hes in an optional tourney in OC as an opponent

...you do know sephiroth has a black wing to right?

It could be either sephiroth or genesis but ill bet it was sephiroth.

Shut the fuck up, Zack is the shit.

Pftttttt Zack is cool but fucking overrated.

Zack fanboys are more anoying then those assholes who worship advent children.

Last edited:
F

Fagren

Nobody cares about CloudStrifeSmiles .That's one reason why Zack is preferred.

Eternal_Sleep

most people that prefer zack over cloud are the people that never played the original ff7.

so tell me... are you one of those people?

so true, in the original cloud isn't a whiny bitch. he has his angst moments but they never really get out of hand.

one of my favorite things: is a friend "i love final fantasy!" me "me too, red XIII is bad ass" my friend "who?" "you know, nanaki? from cosmo canyon? the epic red dog with the fiery tale?" friend "oh yeah him, hes kinda lame." me "how can you say that?" friends "well i have only seen the movie....." and the rest isn't important anymore.

thats just one out of a bucket full of scenarios i have encountered.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
most people that prefer zack over cloud are the people that never played the original ff7.

so tell me... are you one of those people?

I've played the original Final Fantasy VII game, but still love Zack more, because I prefer his personality. Even so, I appreciate Cloud a hell lot too. You see, I love both characters, and I think it's ridiculous seeing fans be arguing over who is better. :/

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
lol well obviously this is personal opinion but the idea is i once saw FF7 as a master piece. for the longest time i regarded it as not only the best FF game(and i have played most of them) but also as one of the best video games of all time. and to an extent it still is. however with the creation of advent children a few things happened. yes it was visually spectacular but for the most part i didn't like the way the characters were portrayed. originally cloud was upset at aerith's death but not so much that he was crippled by it. however be that as it may, advent children was also the catalysis for the surge of FF7 sequels, prequels and everything in between. by expanding on the FF7 universe far more than any other final fantasy it lost a lot of its mystery which is part of what makes FF7 a great game.

then we come to zack. zack(as well as vincent) were originally minor characters. yes zack's back story is entirely relevant to clouds but on his own as a character he didn't serve much purpose seeing as he is dead before the main plot of the game even begins. in fact one of the most interesting parts of the game is uncovering the truth about his death(this is optional) now not only have we seen his death they have completely fleshed out an entire back story for him. now he has lost all of his mystery.

so zack( along with vincent ) to me represent the industry milking the game for all its worth. on several different forums including this one (as well as monty oum's dead fantasy page) i always see people go "they should put zack in this, they should put zack in that". two examples of this was dissidia and dead fantasy. in both cloud is already involved, and yet they want zack anyways (despite their fighting style being almost exactly the same) and overall i just feel like people have lost sight of the original games but also have completely forgotten the other FF games which were all good in their own right.

its petty i know, i just wish FF7 would go back to what it was but of course thats impossible.

and that is why i hate zack for what he represents.(long enough answer? XD)

but you like kingdom hearts

Eternal_Sleep

but you like kingdom hearts

ironic isn't it? lol whats more ironic is i pretty much like kingdom hearts for the all the same reasons i dislike the compilation of FF7 XD

the difference to me i guess is that kingdom hearts has always seemed like a series from the start. with FF yes its a series and yes there are recurring themes, but with every game the world and all of its characters are restarted. fresh start. the result is that it never gets stale and their are always mysteries left over to wonder about. with the comp of FF7 it feels like it has gone to far and has become overrated. they just keep on throwing in more stories in there based on minor characters(zack, vincent, the turks) to me it doesn't seem to have a point.

now the reason why i like Kingdom Hearts is that the series feels like its going somewhere.like there is an ending in sight. especially now with the secret ending of BBS. there seems to be an ultimate goal that in some ways the games have always been pushing towards, and im looking forward to seeing how all of the mysteries fit together to make an end. the other thing is with KH between each game they leave us with lots of stuff to think about for the next game. for instance we have been given enough information to let us guess that sora will likely be going off to save those who he is connected too, but there are still unknowns such as what is this door that he is meant to open in order to do so.(i suspect coded may give us hints for this) and thats just general. when you think about all of the different characters and which direction there own individual story is going to go you have a lot to think about.

that said, kingdom hearts may meet the same "fate" as FF7. there needs to be an ending. sora needs to ultimately succeed in whatever the true final goal is going to be. (opening the door, finishing off xehanort for good, eliminating the heartless or whatever etc.) if they try to keep it going forever i will probably just as bitter with KH as i am with FF7.

so to sum up. ff7 has been milked dry and has become over rated. KH hearts has not met this fate yet(and im optimistic that it wont) but if it does then i will have the same feelings for it.

i hope that makes sense. it makes sense in my mind but transferring to the screen isn't always easy for me. if anyone wants to argue further i'm game but i suggest that we do it else where. if not then i think i have said all that im going to on this thread. :)

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Remember Sephiroth's feathers in KH are dark blue where as the feather that floated in front of Zack was solid black. Therefore the feather may not belong to Sephiroth and that opens up the possibility of Genesis' existence in KH.

F

Fagren

Remember Sephiroth's feathers in KH are dark blue where as the feather that floated in front of Zack was solid black. Therefore the feather may not belong to Sephiroth and that opens up the possibility of Genesis' existence in KH.

Nope, it's Cloud's feather.Cloud has a black wing, was in KH1 with said black wing, showed up in OC.

DXLelouch

what crack are you smoking ya just trying to deny tht Genesis is in KH ya dmn Genesis hater/also tht couldnt be Clouds feather as he gets his wing around the time of KH not in Birth By Sleep

Last edited:

Beyer

In relevance to the FFVII discussion that has been going on, I will say the following :)
I borrowed FFVII from the local video store on a spree in which I borrowed all games from IV-IX and then later XII (they never got X, but yet that is the one I own...). I was very young btw and I have a generally crap memory.
I loved it, I played up until a bit after the part where you see (something) impaled on a tree and they say that it was Sephiroth. I think I played actually a fair bit after that but I don't remember. Confusing hazy memories...
I have not played it since but due to 'research' I have an okay grip on the plot. I love almost every character. I have watched Advent Children twice due to many friends owning that and I borrowed CC from a friend and finished that and LOVED it. I also had a go at DoC, somewhat fun.

I will have to say that Cloud, as much as I love him, is my least favorite out of the main characters. Maybe he is draw with Barret and Cid...(my opinion, don't complain).

I am actually trying to get my hands on FFVII due to people saying it is the best FF game and being the fan I am, I feel shameful for not having played it much.

Zack wasn't a very good addition to KH I think personally btw. I didn't want him but we got him...oh well.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
...you do know sephiroth has a black wing to right?

It could be either sephiroth or genesis but ill bet it was sephiroth.

Pftttttt Zack is cool but fucking overrated.

Zack fanboys are more anoying then those assholes who worship advent children.

In the KH universe, Sephiroths wings are blue not black.

kh2cloudvsephiroth12_2.jpg

EDIT: And Here is a picture of Cloud....it is not his feather...his wing is more demonic...like a bats.

kh-cloud-a.jpg

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
where in the credits does it show zach and the feather of genisis
ive been looking fo ir but only i see him doing squats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back