• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Insider

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Roxie1563
Roxie1563
Hey, KK. Do you wanna talk about it? Because I'm a good listener, so I can just take it while you dish it out. 😎
KingdomKey
KingdomKey
Hey, Roxie. I appreciate it. I'm truly okay. It's more of an acceptance that things change, people come and go, and time waits for no one. I might make a status post about it. Or perhaps make a new club/thread similar to the "How's your weekend?" thread except it's "How's life been?" instead. But it might not be necessary to go that far. Either way, it's good to hear from you.
Roxie1563
Roxie1563
I'm glad you're doing well. I think about you sometimes and wonder what you have been up to, so it warms my heart to hear that.

The gang and I have been restarting some roleplays like Icebound and Miracles, so if you're in the mood for a post or so, you're welcome to do so! Of course, you can just read alongside as we go. 🙂
KingdomKey
KingdomKey
I hope you've been doing good too, Roxie! And it's really kind of you to be thinking about me after all of this time.

It's really kind of you to offer, or invite me to roleplay with you guys again. However, I'm unable to commit to it due to real life related stuff. If I ever change my mind, you'll be the first one to know!
Roxie1563
Roxie1563
I have been well these days, except for having surgery for my teeth. Somehow I had cavities and I've worked so hard to avoid it all my life! 😭 Now I have filling in one of my tooth.. Beside that, everything is going well and my family are about to get ready for the ice cream party for the kids on Saturday before they go for school on Monday. It's going to be amazing!

Great! I bet your life has been going well and you're getting your breath back, lol. Good luck!
KingdomKey
KingdomKey
It's good to hear you've been doing well! Sorry to hear you had to have surgery on one of your teeth. I know how that feels, especially cavities. I'd say getting a filling is a lot better than the alternative of having your teeth pulled out, which has a much longer recovery time. lol. An ice cream party sounds awesome. Do you like ice cream? And gosh, time flies if kids are already going back to school.

Sort of. It's been more like a month of adjustments, getting back into routine, spending too much money on things I shouldn't, and having a beta fish for a pet. (Well, more like it's my mom's pet. But I'll take it as a blessing because, I can't handle another dog right now. :ROFLMAO:)
Roxie1563
Roxie1563
True. Yes, I do love ice cream! However, I like the milkshake from Sonic's since they're half price off after eight at night. The smooth taste is just fabulous and the way it is being fixed just make it better! 😊 Yeah, it does; Hehe, reminds me of when I was a kid that on the eve before school, I was so excited I couldn't sleep that I ended up almost being late if my mom hadn't woke me up at the dot..

I can understand that. It's harder to save money instead of spending it. Luckily for me, it wasn't a problem; I tend to save money for food and the occasional game, movies, or comics. As for pets, I lost my oldest dog, Doby. He was 17, 18 years old and have been with me ever since I was either nine or ten. We now have a new puppy named Milo and he is amazing but so funny as he consistently shows himself off like he's at a dog show. 😂

Oh, I found an new anime show to watch, Black Clover. It's about two boys wishing to be the next Wizard King, whom the first defeated a powerful demon that threatened to end humanity and became a legend for it. In that world, magic is everything, only this one boy doesn't have magic in his body and trains his body in hopes of gaining it. The other is born a genius and consider Astra to be his rival. Right now I'm close to finishing the first season before starting the second as it is being aired on Adult Swim.
KingdomKey
KingdomKey
What kind of ice cream do you happen to like? Or milkshake? It probably won't be a surprise to hear mine, which happens to be chocolate. lol. 🍦 I can't say I've ever been to Sonic before. (We do have a Sonic in Michigan. Unfortunately a bit of a drive to go to it. </3) And I didn't know they had a half price deal late at night! Which sounds like an awesome deal for ice cream. I understand. It's hard to go to bed when your excited, and your brain keeps talking to you a mile a minute. I used to get that way around Christmas in particular.

I'm glad you don't have a spending problem. lol. And what kind of food do you like to buy? My usual preference is muddy buddies (brownie batter kind,) and two bottles of coke. Movies, comics, and video games are a nice choice.
I'm sorry to hear Doby passed away. I imagine that was really tough to go through. And Milo sounds adorable. What kind of dog is Milo?

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Black Clover. I read the manga when it first showed up on Shonen Jump, and grew to dislike it over time. lol. However, I'm glad your enjoying the anime, Roxie. As far as anime goes for myself, I've recently fallen in love with the show The Rise of the Shield Hero. Which is about a college student getting summoned to another world, then getting screwed over real fast, and then, slowly rebuilding his reputation, and learning to trust others again.
Roxie1563
Roxie1563
You won't believe this, but I always go for Vanilla. Same with milkshake without the cream and cherry. Bleh! Lol. Oh, there are tons of deals going around at Sonic that saves some money for us, so we pretty much go there as we can. To order for me to go to get some sleep, I usually make up a story and go from there to the point it becomes the dream. Crazy, right? XD

Usually, I buy food for the month like frozen food and some snacks alongside with pops. But I'm trying to get myself into healthy food and it is tons of work! However, I won't give up so easily!! Well, you know me; I love watching, playing, and reading.
It was. We buried him in our backyard so we could visit him from time to time. And yes, he is adorable! Um, I don't know, but we usually have to give him haircut around his face because it gets right to his eyes, lol. I'm not good with species or the mixes of it.

Would you explain that, please? Are there any difference from the book and the show that I should be aware of? Oh, actually I have heard about that show you're talking about! I just haven't seen it yet. Where do you see it, online? By the way, there's a new season of Sword Art Online if you are wanting to see it. I still need to finish the Phantom Bullet arc, but it's hard to find the time for it, lol. Doesn't mean I won't forget it.
KingdomKey
KingdomKey
You'd be the first person to tell me they like vanilla ice cream. Wait, does this mean you don't like whip cream on your milkshakes? Which is okay. I know a few people who are like that. I actually like the cherries. lol. Saving money is certainly nice! That's pretty crazy you can go to sleep dreaming about a story you made up! And kind of cool, actually. :ROFLMAO:

Healthy food certainly can be a lot of work, but it does give good results, when your trying to be healthy. And frozen food can be great on the days your in a hurry. All the more power to you for not giving up to be healthy!
It's nice to hear you can visit his grave whenever you want to. I'm glad to hear Milo's adorable! And no worries! I used to have a rescue dog, who was a mix, and we didn't know what kind of species he was either. So it's all good!

No, the anime and the manga are exactly the same. I simply don't like the series because, Asta and Yuno power up every time they want to be "The Wizard King" during crucial moments. And originally, I did like Black Clover because it reminded me a lot of Naruto. But alas, it wasn't for me. I watched The Rising Shield Hero on a website called Crunchyroll. Nah, I'm not going anywhere near Sword Art Online. I've had more than enough of it after Gun Gale. Thanks for recommending it to me though! ;) I'm going to be watching Planet With next.
Roxie1563
Roxie1563
I'm the first?! Wow, I must be in the minority then. Nope, I don't; I'm so lucky about what I eat or drink and it's hard to get into it unless by accident. Lol. It's cool and so far I always have the awesome dreams. You should try it if you're unable to sleep properly.

It can be. And more power to me for trying to be healthy! 🤣 Are you being healthy, Kat?
Oh, you used to have a rescue dog? If you don't mind me asking, what did it take to warrant for him/her to help you?

Ah, I gotcha. And thinking about it now, I feel like this show/manga should have used Naruto as an example of taking the slow but steady path instead of going all fast. All that would have paid off greatly for it. Oh, I have Crunchyroll to watch SAO and other shows as well. And that's understandable; everyone has their limits to the shows they watch, but it doesn't fade me at all because I enjoy them without being so biased and having heated discussions that ends up in a fight/rant with people. It's nice. 😏
KingdomKey
KingdomKey
Yes, your the first. lol. Perhaps, or there could be an equal amount of people who like vanilla just as much as chocolate out there! I gotcha. It sounds like your able to lucid dream. Nah, I don't think I can bring myself to think about something hard enough before I sleep. If anything, I think too much, and end up unable to sleep; which is okay unless it's like 4 in the morning.:ROFLMAO:

Yup! I've been eating healthy for ten months! (Well with some cheating here and there,) but my family has been on the keto diet. And everyone is trying to gain muscle tone or lose weight. SO I help cook healthy meals once a week, which will last us a week until we do it all over again. And I run a lot on the treadmill.
When I say rescue dog, I mean we rescued him. Sorry for the confusion! :D

Ironically, myself and one other person thought Black Clover was a rip off of Naruto. Well there are some good moments in Black Clover. But it is what it is. I dropped it earlier in the year, so I don't know how it's progress has been since a particular arc. Then you'll definitely find a lot of anime I watch on there through Crunchyroll. I also highly suggest Reincarnated as a Slime. Once your past the first two episodes it gets good. XD I'm sure it's nice. Glad you can continue to enjoy SAO.
Roxie1563
Roxie1563
You learn something new every day. Yeah, everyone have totally different tastes of what they like to eat and as for me, I'm totally vanilla: burgers, chicken, greasy stuff like that. But now I try to eat less and be healthy so I can live past 100. 🤣 I want to just see VRMMO come to life. 💁

Yay! And it's totally okay to cheat, especially when it comes to watching college football. Of course, that happens on the weekends, so the weeks are safe to eat healthy. 😂

Oh! No, no, it's fine; but it's nice that you rescued him. We both seem to love animals too much beside the creeping ones like spiders. Eek!

😂 I can see why you two thought that! Honestly, almost every other shows seems to be ripping from each other without meaning to. I suppose it's hard to make a real original show without thinking it looks similar to the one show we saw. I think I might start watching Fairy Tail since it's the one show I never got to watch because of me being a huge Naruto fan early; probably around the time Avatar: The Last Airbender came on. There are just too many to watch! 😭
KingdomKey
KingdomKey
If a VRMMO came out, would you play it all of the time? What kind of VRMMO would you like to play? And living past 100 would be an incredible feat! I'm not sure if I would want to live past 100 because, I wouldn't want to watch my folks pass away before my eyes. (I know in reality it's likely I will, but I really don't want to, you know?) If technology could advance to living on another planet, or traveling vast distances a lot quicker, I would be totally up for that.

True! Football games are nice to watch. Do you have a college football team you like in particular?

Exactly! I think it's likely there'll be another dog in my future. I can't seem to dissuade my mom from wanting another one. (Hoping it gets put off as long as possible because, having a bloodhound is more than enough for me. lol.)

I guess so? I feel like the tropes can be awfully similar, but Black Clover goes the extra mile.😆 Otherwise, I've come across a few that have an original plot to it. Promised Neverland certainly being one of them. Oh boy, good luck watching Fairy Tail. It's good, but has... some fan-service moments in it throughout the series. And Fairy Tail is really, REALLY long. Beyond that, I'd say Avatar: The Last Airbender is AMAZING. I sometimes miss watching it.
Roxie1563
Roxie1563
If it did come out, you bet I will play the heck out of it! As for what kind, probably that of Sword Art Online without the whole being trapped thing. I honestly would like to join a Kingdom Hearts VRMMO game with Castle Oblivion and within it, entire worlds to explore and do quests. I guess it would be like the Datascape, so to speak. You know, I bet if it weren't for certain historic events, we would most likely have the technology we are using now much way faster. Heck, we would be doing actual VR gaming already!

Yeah, the Arkansas Razorbacks is my favorite college football team, despite the fact we are between winning and losing over the years. For once, can't they just be like Alabama and get that winning roll? 🤦

Lol, I'm all for some good fun with fan service, so it's okay. Beside, it's anime! There's always some form of what have you with fan service. I believe Fairy Tail is the first show to actually have a female lead, so that appeals to me as seeing some shows has guys as the main and it really annoys me to a degree.
KingdomKey
KingdomKey
I'm not surprised. lol. It would be pretty cool to be immersed in a game like Sword Art Online without being stuck inside of it. Now a KH VRMMO would be freaking amazing, especially if it has Castle Oblivion. I wonder if we could do party members and take down one of the members of Organization XIII? It'd be pretty sweet if I could take on Axel or Vexen with some additional help. I suppose so. But it could also be that we haven't found the right person yet to take VR to the next step. On the other hand it could be the economy affecting it too. I remember science channels would have "what if" scenarios of what technology would be like in 2025, but the future isn't set in stone.

Who knows? Maybe they'll win a few games this year! Yes, Alabama's Crimson Tide does have a good winning streak. I don't watch college football too much, but usually my folks are really into it. More so than the NFL.

Fair enough. Anime does have a good amount of fan service depending on what you watch. Oh boy. I'd say Natsu, Gray, Lucy, and Erza are the main characters. I wouldn't exactly call Fairy Tail a female lead show. Lucy and Erza have decent screen time, but usually you see more of Natsu, Gray, and Happy doing stuff. 😅
Roxie1563
Roxie1563
I bet it would have everything that KH has all rolled into one. And don't forget, BBS and Days had multiplayer online as well, so there's the basis for it. Yeah, someone like Earl Haliday from Ready Player One or someone like Steve Job was to us for phones or computers that could jumpstart it. I do remember seeing them as well. Decent ideas, but some felt way out of the realm of possibility until it popped up in stores.

Sounds like they like Tides way too much, lol. But it's cool they're into it, though you might like it more if you watch some bit of it from time to time.

Well, you didn't have to pop my bubble! 🤷 But I'm still going to watch it, though. So do you know of any anime that has a female lead?
KingdomKey
KingdomKey
Speaking of multiplayer games, do you plan on playing more Kingdom Hearts game in the future? I won't deny it'd be awesome to see multiplayer expanded upon in Kingdom Hearts, but I probably play it. Mostly because Kingdom Hearts 3 was it for me. lol. Did you ever watch the Spy Kids movies? I remember back when they showed a watch that could do all of these fancy gadgets, and nowadays, we have exactly that. Except without the spy gear attached to it. True. Some ideas can be out of the realm of possibility, but some can make the possible happen if they dream/believe/try hard enough.

I would've said so myself, but they were rooting for South Carolina the other day against the Tides. I don't think they're loyal to one team. 😆 Perhaps!

Well on the bright side, Lucy is with Natsu all of the time. So it should hold up to your expectations as far as Fairy Tail goes with a sort of female lead character. Lucy is important! And I'm sorry for popping your bubble. I don't hold Fairy Tail in the highest opinion, even though, I read all of it a year ago. Well there is Kill La Kill. If you can handle some exposed skin. It was probably one of my favorite female lead anime's with plenty of fighting mixed in and awesome dialog. Or there's A Place Further than the Universe, which is a more wholesome anime with four female characters trying to get to Antarctica. Or maybe Promised Neverland, there's three main characters, but one of the major ones is Emma, and they're trying to escape the situation they find themselves in. (It has demons, but they learn to fight them, and etc.) Otherwise, your kind of stuck with the usual high school romance trope with female characters. Or the ones to do with playing musical instruments and etc.

^ All of these animes can be found on Crunchyroll btw.
Roxie1563
Roxie1563
Yeah, of course! It's my entire childhood and made me into a better person in general, so the only thing that would make me stop would be of old age! 🤣 You ever play Final fantasy online? It would be neat to have that turned into an VRMMO with the whole expansion from Realm Reborn to Stormblood that for us would take months to complete, but inside the whole world would be years!

Actually, I did see the original trilogy of Spy Kids and even have the third on DVD, so I know what you're talking about. So probably not too far off from what we need.

Lol, that's funny. But I suppose I do the same with Alabama, LSU, Auburn, seeing we usually have a great rivalry that pushes us to be better.

Ah, it's okay; I just feel like having male leads is so over done with and female characters when well written are just amazing as well. I think I have seen those shows on my On Demand, so I may check those out. I actually used the site to check out The Rising of the Shield Hero that you recommended to me and so far it rocks! The only thing I absolutely hate is the ads!! And I don't want to pay that, just to get rid of it. Meanwhile on animefreak.tv, there's no ads but they have buffer problems after a few episodes in.. There's no happiness for me!! 😭😭
KingdomKey
KingdomKey
I one hundred percent understand! I hope the games continue to expand on the lore. And perhaps, give more characters time to shine outside of the main trio aka SRK. I'm sure in a similar fashion, I'll continue to play other games till I'm old and grey. Nope! I've never had good internet to play video games online until fairly recently. I hear Realm Reborn or Stormblood is suppose to be really good.

Anything new with Roxie lately? How're you been doing? Has it gotten cold where you are?

Preaching to the choir. I know a ton of people wish for more equality with females in the lead in a numerous of things all over social media these days. Anyways, I'm happy to hear you really like The Rising of the Shield Hero! Yeah, Crunchyroll sucks with their ads. Darn. I didn't know animefreak.tv. had buffer problems. BUT I hope your able to keep watching it. If not, I also understand. I can't stand ads these days. lol.
Back