• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gameplay expectations

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

NoWay

Awards
May not be the right thread for this, but I hope we see another original world besides Quadratum… From what we’ve seen of Quadratum, it’s hard to even call it an “original” world when it’s based off of real life Tokyo. It doesn’t have the same kind of original design as worlds like Hollow Bastion, Traverse Town, Scala, etc.

With KH3 failing to give us any full size original worlds, I’m not too hopeful that we’ll get two originals though. If not, hopefully they find ways to make Quadratum a bit more interesting.
I totally agree with you!

I don’t need the 100th iteration of Tokyo in a video game, especially in the KH franchise. In KH3 we’ve already got San Fransokyo which also modeled on Tokyo.
I’m far more interested in new original worlds which offer a variety of landscapes. Although I love the original worlds, they are always towns. We need more natural/magical original worlds.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I totally agree with you!

I don’t need the 100th iteration of Tokyo in a video game, especially in the KH franchise. In KH3 we’ve already got San Fransokyo which also modeled on Tokyo.
I’m far more interested in new original worlds which offer a variety of landscapes. Although I love the original worlds, they are always towns. We need more natural/magical original worlds.

One thing to note is that in Melody of Memory, Nameless Star indicates Quadratum is a city in her world but not the only one. And she describes it like she isn’t from there specifically. So there is definitely more to that world and maybe we’ll explore some other locations outside Quadratum. Possibly based on other real world locales.

If we can’t get any completely separate original worlds, I would take that as long as there is some variety. Maybe it could even be whatever Nomura envisioned for the original world map of VS XIII?

Back on combat, I wonder if we’ll still have summons now that the Build command is taking up the fourth command menu slot. It could be a KH2 situation where we tab over to access them. But KH3 used that for Keyblade switching which was one of the best features in the game.

What if they combined the two and attached certain skills and abilities to specific Keyblades? So we’d still swap between them, but each one would have a unique fourth option in the command menu. Kingdom Key could be Scrap/Build, another Keyblade could be Summons, and so on. Switching Keyblades could be like changing jobs/classes from FF.

Chie

Awards
Quadratum in KH3 does have a lot of somewhat-more-unique elements if you go out of bounds (lots of FF and TWEWY esque stuff).

NoWay

Awards
Wasn’t Quadratum in KH3 just a San Fransokyo reskin?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Quadratum in KH3 does have a lot of somewhat-more-unique elements if you go out of bounds (lots of FF and TWEWY esque stuff).

Just watched the video! It had been a while since I first saw it. I’m convinced that was the extra world they were going to add to the DLC before deciding to save it for the next game. It’s too fleshed out for just that one fight.

I wonder if Quadratum we see in KH4 is an expanded version of the same model or if they built it from scratch. If they reused it, we could technically say KH4 has been in development since 2019.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Wasn’t Quadratum in KH3 just a San Fransokyo reskin?
Nah, not in the slightest.
I’m convinced that was the extra world they were going to add to the DLC before deciding to save it for the next game.
100% what happened

Q8: You initially mentioned adding in the equivalent of another world into the game, but there seems to have been a change in direction?”​

There was actually a new world we wanted to add, that we worked on planning and designing, but I personally could not square the logic of cutting out just that world and adding it on later. I felt that it would ultimately be better to have it as a candidate for inclusion from the start in the next game. For Re Mind, I decided to go with adding in multiple new elements, which add up to a volume of new content that is actually greater than a single new world would be. Creating this many bosses was particularly hard work!

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
He couldn’t “square” the logic. Was that man hinting at the Quadtratum name even then? 😅

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Replaying KH2 and just did the Hydra fight. I would love it if the return of Reaction Commands/QTEs allows more side characters to help us out in battles like we see with Meg, Phil, and Pegasus here. It’s a shame something similar didn’t happen with Big Hero 6 in KH3.

Back