• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question on 7 dwarfs skill

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

animemaple

I was wonder if there is any difference between Strength Bonus PSM and Strength bonus. Since i thought Strength bonus raises all elements but Strength Bonus PSM say it raises all attributes. So i was wondering if it just does the same thing or is there any minor difference?

Kafiezal

Awards
Short answer: Yes there is a difference, yes they do stack.

Strength bonus PSM gives three separate buffs, one to each element's attack (speed, magic, power) while the normal strength bonus gives one buff which buffs all attacks. It sounds a bit confusing but try it out for yourself and you'll see what I mean. Essentially though, the ability is very similar to Hayner/Pence/Olette's ability.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
My question is similar, but I'm wondering if there's a difference in the Multiplier. Would Seven Dwarves buff your attack more than DiZ, for example? I know it's only for 2 attacks as opposed to a turn, but if both skills do essentially the same thing, the Dwarves wouldn't be very good unless they got a better multiplier, if that's possible.

Dark Wing

Awards
I'm curious about this as well. need to know if it's worth my time investing in this medal if I already have diz

FFxStrife

According to the wiki, a tier buff is approximately 25% damage increase, 2 tiers is 50% and so on, regardless if it's PSM or general attack buff.

Kafiezal

Awards
According to the wiki, a tier buff is approximately 25% damage increase, 2 tiers is 50% and so on, regardless if it's PSM or general attack buff.

So according to this, whether you have a PSM buff or general buff, medals will do the same damage.

Remember the 7 Dwarves buff lasts only for that medal and the one after it while DiZ/Aerith/Vivi buff lasts the entire turn (which is why I compared Dwarves to Hayner/Pence/Olette instead). DiZ/Aerith/Vivi are undeniably better.

The advantage of PSM buff is that they can stack with general buffs, even if the general buff is maxed. This isn't as relevant now in NA as there are only tier 1 buffs but it comes into play later. For example, if you used Vivi, Nick, and DiZ in one turn you would have a +3 attack buff. Using Aerith or Judy afterwards would not increase this since buffs cap at 3. Using a PSM buff however gives an element specific buff which is counted separately. You would essentially get 4 buffs on the 5th medal and partner medal.

Here's a simple flow if all those words were confusing.
Vivi > Nick > DiZ > Phil > attack medal now gets +3 buff and +1 P buff > partner with same buffs

Until there are tier 2 PSM buffs, I generally wouldn't bother with them.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
There can be a difference, when multiple buff/debuffs work together. The damage formula of this game basically multiplies everything, but buff of the same tier are added together before that.

So if you have 1-tier general buff and 1-tier specific buff, they are multiplied while a 1-tier general buff and another 1-tier general buff are added.

1-tier boosts the damage by 20%, 2-tier by 40% and finally 3-tier by 60%. Now in my first example your buff would actually be 1.2x1.2=1.44 while in my second example it would only be 1.4 (0.2+0.2).

This can make an impact later, when you have to decide between several buffs and debuffs.

db256

i have 2 question
1- wasnt the jp Dwarfs ability PSM Attack up Double?
2- if i use a P/S/M boost right after dwarfs, do i get +2 P/S/M until the end of the turn even though the dwarf boost is only for 1 attack other than itself?

on a side note: i tested this in the JP version
PSM and Attack UP raise the attack of the medal by
1 - 25%
2 - 50%
3 - 100%
4 - 125% (P/S/M + 3 and attack + 1 or vice versa)
5 - 150%
6 - 200% (basically triple atk PSM +3 and attack + 3)

then u got the attack up scrooge medals, which multiply ONLY your ability multipier
Attack 1/S = 1.2
attack 2/M = 1.4
attack 3/L = 1.6

and ppl like to finish the combo here with lets say the Marluxia medal which i believe inflicts more the more ability you used that turn

FFxStrife

i have 2 question
1- wasnt the jp Dwarfs ability PSM Attack up Double?
2- if i use a P/S/M boost right after dwarfs, do i get +2 P/S/M until the end of the turn even though the dwarf boost is only for 1 attack other than itself?

1) Increases attack of all elements by one step for the next two medals. That's it. Three separate buffs for the next two medals.

2) No, the Dwarf boost will fall off after the second medal after it, leaving you with just the second buff you used (provided it lasts for the whole turn).

db256

but when u actually do the math formula its actually the ability multiplier that goes up, but u dont see it in the game, when u look at the deck info, it only shows the base attack go up to insane amounts.

a maxed out medal:
Lets say u have a 6* medal at lv100 lets say its
7000atk and 2.00 ability multiplier

7000 + 1000(chip/dale) = 8000
now lets say u had PSM and attack up +3
it will be 32000
8000 + 100% = 16000 + another 100%(8000 not 16000) = 24000
so its base is now 24000
OH BUT WAIT what about guilt

now u got the ability multiplier
so you got
Deck bonus (2.00)
guilt bonus (100%)
and scrooge bonus (x1.6)

so base is 2.00
deck bonus 2.00
so now its 4.0

guilt and scrooge are always last, guilt is after scrooge
so scrooge is x1.6
thats +6.40 (4.00 × 1.6)
then guilt 100% is basically double
so u got 24000 with 20.80 multiplier
thats about 499,200 damage
BUT THAT IS NOT THE DAMAGE U INFLICT
that depends on ability type damage: (im not to sure of the multipliers)
small = 0.8 (usually more than 1 hit that is why)
slightly powerful (1.0)
moderate (1.2)
high (1.4)
extremely high (1.6)

THEN u got super effective damage speed>magic> power which is always 0 8, 1.0 and 1.2 (weak neutral stronger)

OH BUT WAIT THERES MORE
then u finally have ability booster damager (like more damage if full hp/poisoned/sleep etc.)

which i dont know the multipliers for but i do know this

if u had a single attack medal that did all that, you would inflict about 800k

ive tried with Rapid Storm and it was about 300k damage per hit, which i believe hits 4 times

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
if u had a single attack medal that did all that, you would inflict about 800k

ive tried with Rapid Storm and it was about 300k damage per hit, which i believe hits 4 times
300k damage per hit, four times? Forgive me, but I'm very, highly skeptical of that. You'd be hard-pressed to deal more than 60k in one hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back